Riviera Information - Restaurants, Transportation and Reservations

The tower option looks like a great idea; you get a large space, then a real bed.
I still don't get why they created this type of room. What is the point of spend time in a room with the bed folded up into the wall? During their vacation in Disney World?

I still don't get why they created this type of room. What is the point of spend time in a room with the bed folded up into the wall? During their vacation in Disney World?
Because the points per night are so expensive, it makes a good headline on the sales for cheaper points per night.

Since there will only be 24 Tower Studios and it appears they will have the lowest point requirements, likely in line with BWV standard view studios, they might exist because DVD likes creating room categories that will eventually become nearly impossible to get even at 11 months out, while it can use the room's lower points per night to convince many new purchasers who cannot afford more than 100 points at DVD's excessively high sale prices that they can buy in and always be able to reserve at least a Tower Studio for at least 6 nights most of the year.

Last edited:

Since there will only be 24 Tower Studios and it appears they will have the lowest point requirements, likely in line with BWV standard view studios, they might exist because DVD likes creating room categories that will eventually become nearly impossible to get even at 11 months out, while it can use the room's lower points per night to convince many new purchasers who cannot afford more than 100 points at DVD's excessively high sale prices that they can buy in and always be able to reserve at least a Tower Studio for at least 6 nights most of the year.
Surely they are responding to “member demand and booking patterns”. No? o_O

I asked a contact at DVC specifically about the tower studios, and he claimed that this was in response to member requests--particularly millennials without kids who want a cheaper room option so they have longer stays. He said that they are geared more towards people who don't intend to spend lot of time in the rooms--people who are in the park from opening to closing, and out at night--people who are just looking for a bed and a shower.

I asked a contact at DVC specifically about the tower studios, and he claimed that this was in response to member requests--particularly millennials without kids who want a cheaper room option so they have longer stays. He said that they are geared more towards people who don't intend to spend lot of time in the rooms--people who are in the park from opening to closing, and out at night--people who are just looking for a bed and a shower.

I can see that. It pretty much describes my husband pre-kids to a T. Now, not so much, but I do get the appeal.

That sounds logical, but you can get a regular studio or maybe evan a 1 bedroom with the same amount of points at the older DVC resorts. If they are "listening" to members request, shouldn't they create point charts which requesting less points instead?

It depends. Some people have speculated that the points for these will be similar to BWV standard. There's not too many studios out there with less point requirements. Off the top of my head AKV value for sure and perhaps OKW but I think that's it. And most certainly not anything built recently. If the point requirements are indeed similar to BWV standard I'll probably buy a fixed week for DW and I for F&W.

That sounds logical, but you can get a regular studio or maybe evan a 1 bedroom with the same amount of points at the older DVC resorts. If they are "listening" to members request, shouldn't they create point charts which requesting less points instead?

I guess until we see the official point charts, we don't really know. As the previous poster said, there aren't many options for cheaper studios in the older resorts. When I heard about the tower studios, I figured they'd probably be priced in the same point range as the BW standard studios (which quite honestly, Disney really undervalued the standard rooms when they designed those point charts).

I thought those rooms were called studios? :rolleyes:

And, since it looks like those are going to be similar in point requirements to BWV standard, SSR standard, OKW and AKV standard I don't know that Disney listened very well since they already have the cheap rooms. And is it 24 of them? :rotfl:

It will be a nice room to have front and center on the guides point charts. New buyers won't ask how many of the rooms there actually are or if they can expect to be able to book them at 8 or 9 months out.

I guess until we see the official point charts, we don't really know. As the previous poster said, there aren't many options for cheaper studios in the older resorts. When I heard about the tower studios, I figured they'd probably be priced in the same point range as the BW standard studios (which quite honestly, Disney really undervalued the standard rooms when they designed those point charts).
Weren’t the BWV standard rooms an accident? Early guests complaining about standard rooms, so they reduced total points sold, resulting in the standard category?

Weren’t the BWV standard rooms an accident? Early guests complaining about standard rooms, so they reduced total points sold, resulting in the standard category?

I've asked that and been told it was always in the documents somewhere. Boardwalk view as a booking category was added though when people were complaining that they requested it but of course not everyone could be granted it.

Me, too, LOL!

I've been thinking I'd like to try the Riviera for a few nights before deciding if I really want to buy an add-on there. However, unless this latest FP+ issue with split stays gets "properly" resolved, I won't be buying any non-BWV contracts or even giving the Riviera a try. Having two FP+ windows for the same trip is a HUGE disincentive for any split stay as far as I'm concerned.

Wow we had three split stays, and our FP+ opened the day before the 60 days of our first stay at the Poly for all ten days (meaning all three of our split stays)...were we lucky, a glitch? We were there in late February this year.

This is a very recent change / glitch associated with closing the loophole for booking an on-site resort and then cancelling the resort reservation after making FP+ selections (at 60 days).

We are not getting consistent answers on the policy and Member experiences are also different. Glad it worked out for you.

Wow we had three split stays, and our FP+ opened the day before the 60 days of our first stay at the Poly for all ten days (meaning all three of our split stays)...were we lucky, a glitch? We were there in late February this year.

I don't know if they were an accident or not, but what I meant when I said they were undervalued is that the point difference between a standard room and a pool/garden view is more than it should be on many nights (sometimes a studio is a third less points--the view isn't worth that much).

This is a very recent change / glitch associated with closing the loophole for booking an on-site resort and then cancelling the resort reservation after making FP+ selections (at 60 days).
I hope they get the glitch figured out, but closing the loophole it definitely something that needed to be taking care of.

I am glad I purchased points for AKL 10+ years ago. Point chart is reasonable, price was reasonable.... Everything is excessively over priced now!
You and me BOTH! We are AKL owners since 2008! Hoping to stay at Riviera, entire resort on paper looks very attractive, love the pool area.:thumbsup2 Purchase price of all the new resorts is very $$$. So glad that we purchased almost 11 years ago!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter