Riviera Information - Restaurants, Transportation and Reservations

I like the idea of the La Petite Cafe lobby coffee bar at Rivera, sort of a Disney version of a Starbucks by morning and a wine bar at night. That would certainly work for breakfast, if I were staying in one of those tower studios. The resort looks huge in photos, long hallways, and it looks like it could be a bit of a hike from the lobby to your room. I wish we had that type of thing at OKW, and not the more open air Goods to Go for a quick service breakfast. Maybe they can turn Gurgling Suitcase into a morning coffee bar with the full bar at night.

You and me BOTH! We are AKL owners since 2008! Hoping to stay at Riviera, entire resort on paper looks very attractive, love the pool area.:thumbsup2 Purchase price of all the new resorts is very $$$. So glad that we purchased almost 11 years ago!::yes::
Hello neighbor! I love our resort so much. I think it has the best theme and the best value of all DCL resorts.

Thank you for this information.
If it becomes available, I hope to book this for my stay in September, although I do have
GF booked but figure this may be the time to try the resort. Would you all agree?

Thank you for this information.
If it becomes available, I hope to book this for my stay in September, although I do have
GF booked but figure this may be the time to try the resort. Would you all agree?
Are you talking about 2019? If so, it depends on your sense of adventure. At initial resort opening it is common to experience operational and/or physical glitches being worked on.
On the other hand, you get to say you are one of the 1st.

If you are talking about 2020, the resort should be running properly and it should be a good idea to try.

Are you talking about 2019? If so, it depends on your sense of adventure. At initial resort opening it is common to experience operational and/or physical glitches being worked on.
On the other hand, you get to say you are one of the 1st.

If you are talking about 2020, the resort should be running properly and it should be a good idea to try.

Thank you. I am talking about 2019 and going against my better judgement. I cruise often and never take a new ship that hasn't been sailing for at least six months but prefer a full year. I know I should do the same with the Riviera but not sure if it will be difficult to get next September 2020.

You gave me something to think about. ggggggrrrrr, but thanks LOL

Thank you. I am talking about 2019 and going against my better judgement. I cruise often and never take a new ship that hasn't been sailing for at least six months but prefer a full year. I know I should do the same with the Riviera but not sure if it will be difficult to get next September 2020.

You gave me something to think about. ggggggrrrrr, but thanks LOL
Based on the purchasing thread, it sounds you choice will be made, as the 1st reservations will check in December 2019.

I still think you will have a decent shot at getting a new resort in active sales in its 1st year (the period where DVC adds inventory before the points are sold)

I asked a contact at DVC specifically about the tower studios, and he claimed that this was in response to member requests--particularly millennials without kids who want a cheaper room option so they have longer stays. He said that they are geared more towards people who don't intend to spend lot of time in the rooms--people who are in the park from opening to closing, and out at night--people who are just looking for a bed and a shower.

Could be. I think it was just based on building design being able to squeeze a few more units in.

Wow, high pts for those rooms too. The standard view (parking lot view) studio costs more than a BLT lake view studio. I didn't have any interest in the Riviera resort to start with...definitely not spending more points than I'd like to stay there once.

Don't you just hate it they created those token Tower Studios just so they can lower their point requirement numbers? That point chart makes staying at Grand Floridian feels like a bargain.

Looking at the floor plans, it looks similar to VGF where the studio has both a tub and walk-in shower, and the 1BR has a pulldown small Murphy bed in addition to the one over the sofa. I'm glad they built those into the room layouts since those are features I love about the VGF rooms that aren't available at all the resorts.

Wow, I hope that $8.31 MF cost is not a harbinger of huge future raises for the other resorts. That seems really harsh, especially for a brand new resort.
I would suspect we see the other resorts approaching $8 next year (maybe some breaking) as the average minimum wage for 2020 ($13.25) is higher by 9% for the existing 14 compared to 2019 ($12.16). For reference 2019 was 20% higher than 2018 ($10.00).

As for Riviera there is only an increase of about 2% for the average minimum wage this resort will experience for 2020 ($13.25) compared to 2019 ($13.00), since Riviera is currently projected to open December 16, 2019. With it being open for only 15 days in 2019 they might have just used the expected wages for 2020 so it might experience less increase than the 2% this would suggest.

Minimum wages for 2019 and 2020 are:
January and February - $11
March through August - $12
September through Spetember 2020 - $13
October 2020 through September 2021 - $14
October 2021 forward - $15

Last edited:
That’s not a matter of opinion, those are unequivocally, quantitatively really high dues.
Agree, no matter how you spin it. Relative cost/percentage as a comparison doesn't give me warm fuzzies. Same arguments can be made for a BMW or Mercedes over a Honda; still makes both of the former ones more expensive at the start and to maintain down the road. If Riviera dues are still in the below $9 range five years from now, I'll retract my shock. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter