Riviera Pricing Released

vint43

Earning My Ears
$188 per point with progressive discounts starting at 125 pt purchase for existing members.

At 300 pts, price drops to $165.50 per point for existing members as an "opening price" offer.

Dues: $8.31 per point.

The dues are not a typo.

$188 per point with progressive discounts starting at 125 pt purchase for existing members.

At 300 pts, price drops to $165.50 per point for existing members as an "opening price" offer.

Dues: $8.31 per point.

The dues are not a typo.
Yikes on the dues! Where is the point chart? Any sign of it yet? Thanks for posting.

Basic pt chart:

Studio - starts at 15 ends at 39 (adventure season, standard view to premium season, premium view)
1 bd - starts at 31 ends at 80
2 bd - starts at 40 ends at 100
3 bd - starts at 104 ends at 205

less than GFV. However, still on the high side of all others.

opps. New room type.

Tower Studio - 11 to 26

The new tower studio has the tightest range of all room types (i.e. variance from season to season - weekday to weekend).

Basic pt chart:

Studio - starts at 15 ends at 39 (adventure season, standard view to premium season, premium view)

Thanks for posting.:thumbsup2 Are the point charts on the Member website?:confused3

Basic pt chart:

Do we know the occupancy of each room type?

My first thougths:
1) $188 Is about what I expected
2) Still want the full point chart
3) Any confirmation that the resale restrictions are still indeed in the contracts for Riv?
4) To bad discounted pricing doesn't try to entice current DVC members with small add ons in the 50 to 100 point range. 125 add on it to steep for alot of people.

Thanks for the info. Those dues are much higher than I expected.
I wonder if the dues will drop like CCV did after the first year? The information is only on the sales promo site. No information yet for prices for new buyers.

DVC News has an article https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...-pricing-revealed-for-disney-s-riviera-resort
Yeah it was reported by @drusba a while back that the dues would be fairly significant for Riviera be $6.5478 without property tax, https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...n-dated-01-19-19.3734585/page-6#post-60276186. Below is a table of all resorts with and without Property tax. Taking the $8.31 as true (the number reported less property tax is what was filed with the state so should be true) we see the following across all resorts:

Sorted by Property Tax
upload_2019-3-25_10-47-46.png

Sorted by MF and Capital Reserves
upload_2019-3-25_10-48-22.png

Sorted by Total Dues
upload_2019-3-25_10-48-49.png

It seems that DRR is one of the most expensive for both Property Tax and MF (and when considering point cost per night it could be the highest). Though Property Tax is generally a heavy estimate as the assessor doesn't give the final value until after construction is completed, if I recall correctly (which is why CCV dropped in the 2nd year). If anyone gets the budget from Disney I'd be interested to see what the higher cost is for the MF compared to other resorts, my guess is Housekeeping will be significantly higher (and some other staffing lines) and perhaps transportation (smaller hotel and no sister cash resort, but Deluxe means less to share cost with, not sure DVC members be happy always sharing buses with CBR for example).

Please explain to me how a preferred view at Riviera, which is a view of the lake or gondola, is worth the same points per night as a Bay Lake Tower theme park view. Points per night are too high in my opinion for Riviera and should be instead on par with BLT standard view for Riviera standard and BLT lake view for Riviera preferred view.

Wil said on the DVCNews site that sales will begin in 2 days on March 27.

Historically, when sales begin, when are non-owners able to start booking?

I think that the $/pt and the point requirements are actually better than I had anticipated. Dues are quite high though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts