Riviera Pricing Released

The million dollar question for sure. I fear it will skew heavily toward preferred, making the standard rooms next to impossible to reserve unless you own there. I don't have high hopes of being able to book here with my AKV points.

I don’t know. Views of the parking lot looks like about 1/3 of the resort. Depends on how generous they are with garden view, I suppose.

I'm surprised they sell many contracts before the resort is even open... what's the rush? It won't be sold out for years to come and I'd want to see it in person before spending tens of thousands of dollars.

The last few I can understand since those were part of well-known resorts (CCV, Poly, GFV etc). I feel this one is largely unproven... i.e. will it feel too much like 'part of' CBR once you're there, do many of the rooms have views of a busy road..

Last edited:
I'm surprised they sell many contracts before the resort is even open... what's the rush? It won't be sold out for years to come and I'd want to see it in person before spending tens of thousands of dollars.

The last few I can understand since those were part of well-known resorts (CCV, Poly, GFV etc). I feel this one is largely unproven... i.e. will it feel too much like 'part of' CBR once you're there, do many of the rooms have views of a busy road (seems awfully close when you drive by it)..

Once they open, the incentives go down and the price goes up, or so I have been told.

And even if the incentives go up, it is against the higher prices. Supposedly, the best time to buy is at the beginning during pre-sales.

Supposedly, the best time to buy is at the beginning during pre-sales.

Could be, but that wasn't the case with Copper Creek. When CCV first went on sale the incentive was $1,000 off 150 points for existing members. The incentive available as recently as a few weeks ago was double that- $2,000 off 150 points. Granted the price per point was $182 vs $176 at opening, but it was still $100 cheaper after incentives a few weeks ago than opening day. Now that CCV is in the final stretch they did drop the incentive down to $1,250, so it's more expensive for sure.

I'm sure the $188 base price will go up at some point in the next year as it always does.

Once they open, the incentives go down and the price goes up, or so I have been told.

And even if the incentives go up, it is against the higher prices. Supposedly, the best time to buy is at the beginning during pre-sales.

They want you to think that. It may be true this time. But several resorts have had better incentives later. Not all but it's not a given it will be that way.

We are balcony people. I would not want to have to sit on the one off of the bedrooms. Do the studios have balconies?
Yes they do. As stated above it is similar to BLT. Likely doing that adds somewhere between 30-60 square feet back to the room, but I can see how it stinks loosing that feature if you really enjoy it, which is probably really nice for the high rise resorts.

We are balcony people. I would not want to have to sit on the one off of the bedrooms. Do the studios have balconies?

It is nice having the big viewing window in the living area but I don't exactly love the trade off of having smaller split balconies on the 2BR's or even then the small balcony on the 1BR's. The studios and 1BR's balconies should be the same size I'd think.

It looks like there will be a door to the balcony - this is how BLT does their balconies in 1-2BRs units as well.

I’ve never noticed that. Haha. We have only stayed in standard view at BLT, so we didn’t go out on the balcony. Interesting that it’s the same as BLT.

The last few I can understand since those were part of well-known resorts (CCV, Poly, GFV etc). I feel this one is largely unproven... i.e. will it feel too much like 'part of' CBR once you're there, do many of the rooms have views of a busy road..
One thing about VGF. Grand Floridian was already a known entity.They only added a DVC building. Easy to sell before completion.

Riviera is all brand new. So a little different purchasing before opening.

Oh no, is it one of those crappy toddler beds in the living room for guest 5 in a 1 bed?
I have likely assumed incorrectly thinking they went with a twin size mattress. I only thought that though because they said "single pull down" and didn't specify a size like the other resorts with them. I probably was wrong to assume that considering that VGF and PVB probably could have gone to the full twin size but didn't.

Seems more likely the IT team got lazy when putting in the info, though it might be interesting if someone can get DVC to confirm this.

I wonder if they are adding Riviera to the site right now. I was trying to check the availability tool for another reason and I keep getting error messages. Of course it could also be completely unrelated and just unreliable.

I don’t know. Views of the parking lot looks like about 1/3 of the resort. Depends on how generous they are with garden view, I suppose.
I've seen some estimates of 75% Preferred/ 25% Standard, so that sounds about right. Personally, I don't think our family needs any more points right now (unless we rented some of them to offset dues), but I would love to stay at RVA for a few nights to try it out. A girl can dream...

So, I'm not trying to sell Riviera or anything, but it's been mentioned a few times that people might be more likely to wait until it's open or they stay there to buy since it's an unknown quantity.

I just want to say, I know a lot of people are apprehensive about the gondolas, but I still think these will be a HUGE sell point for DRR once it's up and running. People don't realize how advantageous a continuous load system is going to be to park transportation. The buses, the boats, even the monorail all require us to wait 10-20 minutes to get on board and this is generally the worst part of the wait times to travel to resorts. When you can step out of your room and instead of walk to the bus stop you walk to the gondola and almost immediately get on one and are whisked to the IG in 5 minutes - there will be a LOT of folks clamoring for this location I think, even with the resale restrictions. It probably still doesn't beat BCV/BWV but it could well drive those prices down a bit - if you are looking at $170-180 price for 50 years versus $150 for 23 years I think a lot of people will be looking to Riviera direct vs Beach Club resale.

So, I'm not trying to sell Riviera or anything, but it's been mentioned a few times that people might be more likely to wait until it's open or they stay there to buy since it's an unknown quantity.

I just want to say, I know a lot of people are apprehensive about the gondolas, but I still think these will be a HUGE sell point for DRR once it's up and running. People don't realize how advantageous a continuous load system is going to be to park transportation. The buses, the boats, even the monorail all require us to wait 10-20 minutes to get on board and this is generally the worst part of the wait times to travel to resorts. When you can step out of your room and instead of walk to the bus stop you walk to the gondola and almost immediately get on one and are whisked to the IG in 5 minutes - there will be a LOT of folks clamoring for this location I think, even with the resale restrictions. It probably still doesn't beat BCV/BWV but it could well drive those prices down a bit - if you are looking at $170-180 price for 50 years versus $150 for 23 years I think a lot of people will be looking to Riviera direct vs Beach Club resale.

Yep. If you have ever traveled and used one at a ski resort or in another country, I don’t think you’d be apprehensive at all about gondolas. We use them every winter and every summer in Colorado. We’ve also been on them many times in Europe. They’re incredibly efficient and a very pleasant ride. I’ve been in a gondola in Colorado when it was 85 degrees outside in the summer. They’re not hot.

I don’t want to spend money. Who does? But this resort makes a lot more sense for us with the longer expiration than BWV or BCV. I get attached to my DVC points, and I’m sad I’ll sell my BWV, but this just makes more sense for us being in our 30s.

We purchased opening day. At some level, to do that, you need to have trust in Disney. We do (not saying everyone should!). People's experiences clearly vary.

We have stayed at almost every DVC resort and have never been disappointed.

We like the location, we like the early pics, and we wanted early booking access to an Epcot resort with back entrance and a long contract life. So, we bought it. We are planning to go over Christmas time this year for our first trip there. Good timing, we ran out of our current points already this year :-)

However, I purchase cars online without ever driving them! :-)

So, people just operate differently about these things! I clearly see why people would want to take it slower. There really is no rush IMO. Not even Disney really knows how the Riviera will sell given all the changes so who knows where future incentives might go. Again, we do not get wrapped around the axle if someone else gets a "better deal" down the road. The price was fair to us right now so we bought it. If others save money down the road - good for them! We plan to give these points to our kids. Their eventual price will be zero regardless :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter