Riviera Resort construction pics

Thanks! Looks like it's coming along. I will also not be recommending that any of my friends stay at Carribean Beach over the next 2 years. Too bad. It's my favorite moderate.

found this on another site......

disney-riviera-resort-air-11072017-1-1068x712.jpg

Wow work is progressing faster than I expected. I though for some reason that they had still to break ground. Maybe they're targeting to open this to accommodate the crowds for the opening of Star Wars land.

Can someone describe the top 1/3rd of the picture? I am trying to understand the layout.

The red circle is the Riviera Resort location in the north end of the Caribbean Beach Resort property. The red arrow is the direction of the camera

upload_2017-11-24_12-35-14.png

Wow work is progressing faster than I expected. I though for some reason that they had still to break ground. Maybe they're targeting to open this to accommodate the crowds for the opening of Star Wars land.

That would make sense. Plus, it would be good for advertising.

LAX

Scheduled for fall 2019, so it will be around then. It’s going to be a DVC resort.

Yes but they rent rooms for money in the beginning of the sales period because there aren't enough owners yet. That might be a very smart plan for Disney to handle the SWL rush

Yes but they rent rooms for money in the beginning of the sales period because there aren't enough owners yet. That might be a very smart plan for Disney to handle the SWL rush

I think their plan is Copper Creek will be close to sold out, so this will be next and they can use SWL as a marketing point.

Plus, the SWL is likely to draw new park visitors as well as those who haven't been in a while, both of which will increase the potential target audience for their sales pitch.

LAX

You will have to be a brave person to come in 2019. Unless the economy collapses, it will be a nightmare.

It appears they built this so one side looks at Illuminations, and the other at Star Wars Fireworks.

Yet neither is "straight on". Both will views will be at an angle correct? From the top I suppose both.

Also wondering if that peninsula is the pool area or what.

According to this graphic, the resort actually faces north and south. The best view would be Star Wars and could be seen from most rooms on the south face. Illuminations could be seen from the north side of the west wing but other rooms in the resort would appear not have decent views of Illuminations.

1500257445_209_what-is-disneys-riviera-resort-dvcnews-com.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter