Riviera Resort construction pics

I'm also a BLT member who loves the walk to MK. But, the distance between CBR and SSR and Epcot's "outpost" (which has a huge staging area for plants and such behind it) is actually quite far. The trek from SSR would be through a woodland. I can see how Disney wouldn't want to subject their guests to that.

When they originally were talking about converting part of CBR to DVC, I suggested they should re-route the monorail. Instead of looping through Epcot, it would divert around the outside of Epcot (over parking lots, all easy construction), swing around to the new resort, and then swing back by way of the Boardwalk (along the road right of way), route between the IG and BCV (you'd lose a few trees due to the construction), and then connect to the existing track to go to the passenger unloading area.
I don't think there will be any more new or re-routing of the monorail system. The cost of installation has soared since WDW and EPCOT were built. It is now the 2nd highest initial cost for any public transportation system out there, only subways cost more to build. Track maintenance (much needed right now), car maintenance and in a few years, car replacement is all they can handle.

The gondola only holds 10-12 people, just how fast does everyone think, with strollers, EVC (which will possibly not get to the head of the line with gondolas), wheelchairs, etc to load will be. I see this as a nightmare...especially in rainy high wind weather. I'm glad i'm not interested in Riveria, although the grand sons are already saving their pennies to stay at the proposed Star Wars hotel. And yes, my daughter lives in a ski town and I've been in the lines for the gondola over 45 minutes, waiting and there are no handicapped persons or strollers.

The gondola only holds 10-12 people, just how fast does everyone think, with strollers, EVC (which will possibly not get to the head of the line with gondolas), wheelchairs, etc to load will be. I see this as a nightmare...especially in rainy high wind weather. I'm glad i'm not interested in Riveria, although the grand sons are already saving their pennies to stay at the proposed Star Wars hotel. And yes, my daughter lives in a ski town and I've been in the lines for the gondola over 45 minutes, waiting and there are no handicapped persons or strollers.

Some systems have more than one loading queue, people load and then their car is added to the line.

:earsboy: Bill

I am sure the weather will play a role in the safe use of the skybuckets, but lightning can also affect the monorail running, and certainly has an effect on whether or not people walk to and from the parks.
If Disney is investing millions of dollars into new technology, I am pretty confident that they will not build a clunker. They want this to work for people, and I am sure they have thought through how to cut down on 45 minute lines before they decided to break ground on the project.

No getting any ideas.

38014481635_a679187c3e_o.jpg

It is exciting to see construction, but it seems like most of the concept art from the D23 shindig and stuff floating around on the web focused on the tower for Coronado Springs. I hope they release some more detailed concept art for Riviera resort soon!

The recent picture below really shows us how the new resort will lay out. The Skyliner station is at the bottom of the picture

DQj00IqX4AAjbe1-889x500.jpg

the picture below shows a different perspective for the Skyliner and how it goes from EPCOT to the Riviera Resort

upload_2017-12-17_7-13-32.png

Took some pics of those odd (IMO) block walls going in the pool area. I can't picture what they will offer but who knows.

enhance

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!