Roaring forks at WL closed Jan -March

roelongo

Mouseketeer
Just saw on allearsnet that roaring forks will be closed from Jan 9 to Late March. Just a heads up for anyone staying at WLV.

Roaring Forks is a great asset for families who want a quick bite. But its rooms and traffic patterns were poorly laid out and really need a rehab.

I sure hope it's open by the time we get there on the 19th. Wonder what they will do about refillable mugs and quick bites for guests at the lodge?

rocketriter said:
Roaring Forks is a great asset for families who want a quick bite. But its rooms and traffic patterns were poorly laid out and really need a rehab.

Didn't they take over the game room that was next to it? The original roaring forks was a postage stamp. I'm not sure what the original planners were thinking. I guess they never intended to have people eating in at first. Probably just intended it to be all take out.

Does anyone know how they handle it when a foodcourt type place closes. We love to grab a quick bite in the morning on our way to the parks. We also love the refillable mugs. Anyone have experience with how it works. Do they close down everything, or do they have some grab and go items?

At one time the lodge had a cart with someone selling drinks, coffee fruit, cookies, etc in the lobby-near where the pin cart is now. We are hoping to go in late February (as we traditionally do) and I can't tell you the number of times we go grab a salad, burger, or chicken nuggets there! We are a little sad about it being closed!

ErinC said:
I sure hope it's open by the time we get there on the 19th. Wonder what they will do about refillable mugs and quick bites for guests at the lodge?

I stayed at the Grand Flo when their snack shop was closed for refurb. I'm pretty sure you could take your mug to the stand near the pool for a refill.

minniestheone said:
At one time the lodge had a cart with someone selling drinks, coffee fruit, cookies, etc in the lobby-near where the pin cart is now. We are hoping to go in late February (as we traditionally do) and I can't tell you the number of times we go grab a salad, burger, or chicken nuggets there! We are a little sad about it being closed!

I remember that little cart, thats one of the things that sold my husband on VWL!!! He loved getting up early, gong out to the lobby, grabbing a coffee and pastry, and walking outside or sitting by the fire!!!

Also while going down memory lane, was the fireplace always gas or did they ever use wood, or maybe they use wood only in the colder months???

1000th happy haunt said:
I stayed at the Grand Flo when their snack shop was closed for refurb. I'm pretty sure you could take your mug to the stand near the pool for a refill.

That's kinda what I figured. Something will probably be available at the pool. Too bad they couldn't put a machine in the Villa lobby. That would make the use of mugs worthwhile! ;)

I'm so bummed out, we always get a quick bite there and we are staying at the Lodge for the first time ever on January 12 and Roaring will be closed . . . :sad1: :sad1:

They plan to set up a grab and go in the area where seating is for Roaring Forks.

The menu is not set, but there has been mention of cereal, pastries, some type of hot breakfast sandwich, pizza, hot dogs, cold sandwiches, salads, and beverages including coffee. It will be a grab and go situation during the rehab.

Not sure about refillable mugs, I have been told conflicting info on that, so I guess that is a wait and see.

Of course all is subject to change. :flower:

ClarabelleCow said:
I remember that little cart, thats one of the things that sold my husband on VWL!!! He loved getting up early, gong out to the lobby, grabbing a coffee and pastry, and walking outside or sitting by the fire!!!

Also while going down memory lane, was the fireplace always gas or did they ever use wood, or maybe they use wood only in the colder months???

Orginially it was wood, but guests complained that it smelled and was too smokey, etc. So they went to gas.

Does anyone remember back in the day when there was a coffee bar in the WL lobby? Fresh brewed coffee and pastries. Yumm. It was there in 1996 when we stayed there on our first trip. I'd like to see it come back. ;)

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Does anyone remember back in the day when there was a coffee bar in the WL lobby? Fresh brewed coffee and pastries. Yumm. It was there in 1996 when we stayed there on our first trip. I'd like to see it come back. ;)
Yup -- and I'd like to see the character breakfast at Artist Point come back, too. ;)

DiznEeyore said:
Yup -- and I'd like to see the character breakfast at Artist Point come back, too. ;)

Wasn't that with Pooh and pals? Too bad, it would be so nice to be steps away from a character breakfast in the morning.

Sammie said:
Orginially it was wood, but guests complained that it smelled and was too smokey, etc. So they went to gas.

That's too bad. I thought the smoky smell added to the ambiance. I love this resort.

I got an official letter from DVC yesterday, letting me know that Roaring Forks would be closed during our stay. They mentioned the grab and go section of food, but nothing about drink mugs.

We just got a letter too from DVC about the situation. I know it does need a rehab b/c we never thought it was set up well. Hope they remedy that situation. It shouldn't bother us too much as we always go to the grocery store to fill our fridge and shelves at the villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter