Roaring Forks closing for refurb????

Wendy1953

Wendy's Mom
Okay, I'm going down in January and staying at the VWL from 1/22 - 1/25, I understand Roaring forks is being refurbished at that time. Anyone know if they'll have the refillable mugs anywhere else there? I do enjoy getting my mug filled every morning and walking around the ground while DH sleeps. I'm wondering if they'll have them for sale at Whispering Canyon and where to get the refills?

someone on the resort board -though they would open the coffee, pastry thing again in the lobby.

but at this time I don't think anyone(besides WL management) knows for sure what they will be doing.

I'm hoping that they will have a set up in the lobby like they used to for breakfast. Muffins, juice, coffee etc. We will be down there 1/29-2/3. We don't eat at RF that much but is is good for a quick meal! I was going to call MS to check on options.

Not only coffee, juice, and other breakfast foods, but I hope there is also a place for soft drinks, since I love to fill up a mug and take it with me to the pool!

We received a letter from DVC spelling out what is open and closed during the renovation. However, since it seemed to be after we are at VWL (Wed to Wed during Marathon weekend), I did not retain the letter. So for those booked thru DVC, the letter is in the mail.

The letter I received didn't really go into detail other than to say Whispering Canyon, Artist Point and options at Fort Wilderness.

They plan to set up a grab and go in the area where seating is for Roaring Forks.

The menu is not set, but there has been mention of cereal, pastries, some type of hot breakfast sandwich, pizza, hot dogs, cold sandwiches, salads, and beverages including coffee. It will be a grab and go situation during the rehab.

Not sure about refillable mugs, I have been told conflicting info on that, so I guess that is a wait and see.

Of course all is subject to change

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter