Rock n rollercoaster question

KatF

Earning My Ears
My sister and I want to try RnR this summer, but my 8 year old niece says No Way! Does the ride originate and end at the same location? Would she be able to wait on the platform for our return? We've done this on BTMR and Goofy's Barnstormer. She waited with a cast member and everybody was safe and happy.:wave:
Kat

It does from everything I remember. She'd have to actually get into the ride vehicle and exit the vehicle on the opposite side, as she can't physically walk across the track.

The RnR load and unload locations are in different places. It's a lot like Space Mountain.

Nope- However the entrance and exit are connected via the Yellow Door (which leads to a basic hallway) So you can send her down to wait in the giftshop (CMs cant have anyone on the exit platform for saftey reasons) and be advised that the CMs cant "babysit" yes theyll make sure she doesnt fall into the track but they cannot be responsiable for watching children.

However she *HAS* to be over 48 inches to enter the ride line (even as a non-rider)- If she is shorter than ya'll have to do child swap unless ya trust her to stay in the gift shop while you wait in line etc.

Have fun! -em

The loading platform and unloading platforms are different locations. If someone wants to meet you after the ride, they can accompany you all the way to the point where the CM asks you how many in your party and you can tell them that your sister wants to take the chicken exit and she'll be waiting at the unloading platform for you.

My DS LOVES this ride -- it's his absolute favorite at WDW, in fact!! He tried it for the first time when he was 7 and always goes on it lots of times (when possible!) whenever we visit WDW! Does your neice like fast rides at all? Although it's called a roller coaster, since it's completely indoors, the feel of the ride is very different from a standard outdoor rollercoaster. The only thing about it is that it goes fast (0 to 60 in 3 seconds or something) and loops around a bit (but you're so mesmorized by your surroundings that you don't even notice!)... Maybe she'll surprise you (and herself!) and try it out. It really is one of the not-to-be-missed attractions at WDW, IMO!

Have a great trip,
Sarah

I second the above post. My son was 6 when we went last year and he was pretty nervous the first time, but he LOVED it! Its not scary, just fun. You feel safe the whole time.

You should try to show her online what the ride is like. It feels very safe because of the harness over the shoulders. This is one of my very favorite rides, my 17yo niece and I rode this 9 times in a row the summer of 2002, we just couldn't get enough of it! Good luck.

The ride has 1 loop and I think 2 corkscrews (if I remember correctly) but they are in the dark. There is no way my 6 year old DD would ride it, she had a problem with Test Track.

Are there any long drops on this ride? My DS loves fast rollercoasters but hates ones with long drops.

My son's still mad at me I wouldnt let him ride (47.5 inches) even though I worked there... He loves coasters and I need to take him back but he'll still be gone when I head southeast to WDW this may :)

Ive watched video online but I dont know where to find it now-

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter