ROFR - should I be concerned?

Nikkimouse44

Mouseketeer
Our contract went to ROFR 12/21. We had to sign an amendment 12/27 per Disney’s request. We have not heard anything since. I reached out to fidelity on 12/31 and they said possibly this week but with the holidays who knows. I saw a lot of people who had theirs sent in around the same time as our hear about the their contracts from the ROFR thread.

Is this the usual? Should I be worried? Should I follow up with fidelity again at the one week mark since last contact? Is that too much?

They can take up to the date of closing. While they seem to be giving answers quickly, there are times when they have take 30 to 50 days.

Until you get at least 30 days out, I would not worry.

What was the amendment? Hearing this gives me cause because this particular broker in the past has asked buyers to sign amendments ranging delayed closings to acknowledgements that the contract differs from what was originally listed.

What was the amendment? Hearing this gives me cause because this particular broker in the past has asked buyers to sign amendments ranging delayed closings to acknowledgements that the contract differs from what was originally listed.
We had to as “the third” To a persons name. Apparently it was Disney’s request. We asked if it should be done before we signed and they said it shouldn’t be a big issue, apparently it was. But I can see why they thought it would not be that big of a deal, so it’s whatever.

They can take up to the date of closing. While they seem to be giving answers quickly, there are times when they have take 30 to 50 days.

Until you get at least 30 days out, I would not worry.
This really is not working out well for my high anxiety 🤪 and my poor husband has to hear me have over analyze this, loose sleep, dream about it when I don’t loose sleep….

I have severe anxiety if you cannot tell, and do not do well in certain situations, and this is one of them.

I wouldnt sweat it! The odds of Disney ROFR'ing an SSR contract is extremely low, if not close to zero.

Do you know if they do ROFR on weekends or do I have to wait until Monday?
Almost positive that department doesn't work weekends.

Sorry it's taking longer than you hoped. If it helps, I agree with the others: very unlikely to take a SSR contract. Hope it closes soon. Then you can stress a bit about getting the points into your account. :)

Do you know if they do ROFR on weekends or do I have to wait until Monday?

I know you don’t want to hear this, but there are bigger things in life than RoFR on a weekend and other stuff. Please go enjoy yourself and stop worrying about this. Your broker is the one that gets the RoFR info anyway, so they will also have to be working. If ( Huge IF!) by some strange reason Disney takes your SSR contract, there are hundreds more out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter