ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finially heard back it's ours Disney passed on it. Now we just wait for a couple of weeks to get the closing documents. We are supposed to close on July 18th

Wow. Talk about waiting until the last minute. That's 30 days exactly. I wonder what in the world took so long?!? Congrats on the contract!

I've found the cure for addonitis...it's ROFR! While this one hasn't been taken yet, we know it is coming. I swore off buying BLT after my last two were taken, but we saw this deal and figured we would give it a try. Others that submitted after us are hearing back, and we are hearing nothing. I'm not going to pay more than I want to spend just to make it go through. I am getting off the emails lists, stopped checking the sites, etc. Once this one is taken, Disney will have to find someone else to negotiate their deals. BTW, this was Round 5. 2 were taken by ROFR, and 2 had sellers that kept using their points after being submitted to ROFR. My VGF points will have to be enough. 8-) There's got to be a reason none of them have worked out, so I am going to stop fighting it and move on. :drive:

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9

I've found the cure for addonitis...it's ROFR! While this one hasn't been taken yet, we know it is coming. I swore off buying BLT after my last two were taken, but we saw this deal and figured we would give it a try. Others that submitted after us are hearing back, and we are hearing nothing. I'm not going to pay more than I want to spend just to make it go through. I am getting off the emails lists, stopped checking the sites, etc. Once this one is taken, Disney will have to find someone else to negotiate their deals. BTW, this was Round 5. 2 were taken by ROFR, and 2 had sellers that kept using their points after being submitted to ROFR. My VGF points will have to be enough. 8-) There's got to be a reason none of them have worked out, so I am going to stop fighting it and move on. :drive:

That is a good deal. It is below market price for recent BLT resales. Good Luck. Who are you buying through? I have never heard of sellers using their points after being submitted to ROFR. That's paramount to fraud.

Girl you got it bad! There really needs to be a support group for addonitis! I started looking again already myself and also swore I'm done. Now I want a small Beach Club for Food & Wine. Good luck with this one. BTW, our sellers also used points after deal was negotiated. Luckily we were able to re-negotiate. That shouldn't be allowed.

That is a good deal. It is below market price for recent BLT resales. Good Luck. Who are you buying through? I have never heard of sellers using their points after being submitted to ROFR. That's paramount to fraud.

We are using Vacatia for this one. It was actually listed for $80pp (international seller), and I knew that would never go through, so I said I would do $100pp which I thought was fair with being stripped of all current year's points. I still thought this was susceptible to being taken, but it was totally stripped, and anyone who buys direct can't have last year's points now because June has begun. Someone just passed ROFR with $100pp for March UY. Oh well. I'll just shake it off and put it out of my mind. My husband and I are just sick of Disney taking our contracts. Time to move on and be happy with our VGF points. :-)

Girl you got it bad! There really needs to be a support group for addonitis! I started looking again already myself and also swore I'm done. Now I want a small Beach Club for Food & Wine. Good luck with this one. BTW, our sellers also used points after deal was negotiated. Luckily we were able to re-negotiate. That shouldn't be allowed.

We couldn't renegotiate because both times the sellers used all of the current year's points as well as all of the following year's points. Craziness!

Ugh, I am sorry. I had hoped that this one would pass. I am keeping that hope alive it still will!!!!

Bwright635---$86-$15,390-160@AKL-Sept-9/16-169/17-151/18-160/19-sent 6/19.......fingers crossed, our last contract got held up with a title problem!!!!!!!

Bwright635---$86-$15390-160-AKV-Sep-0/15, 9/16, 169/17, 151/18- sent 6/19

Last edited:
ktc34---$137-$16224-110-BLT-Dec-110/16, 110/17, 110/18- sent 6/22

The wait begins!!!!

This should most certainly pass...if it gets taken at that price I may even sell my BLT!

Passed 6/23!!!

Great price !

I would have to agree that this will be taken...from what I've seen on the couple of resale sites I follow, BLT resales are being priced at 120ish a point. I watch but mostly out of curiosity since we are happy with our 250 BLT Dec UY.

I would have to agree that this will be taken...from what I've seen on the couple of resale sites I follow, BLT resales are being priced at 120ish a point. I watch but mostly out of curiosity since we are happy with our 250 BLT Dec UY.

I would never spend that much on BLT when you can get VGF for the high $120s-$130s per point right now. That's just my personal preference. I think VGF is so much nicer. Others will disagree and say that BLT is better for them, uses less points per nights, don't like VGF decor, etc. which is why it is great for there to be so many resorts to choose from. Like I said, time to move on and give up on BLT. We were only buying it because of the walking distance to MK and using less points per night. Our personal preference on resorts is VGF as our favorite. Looks like that's where we will be staying for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
We couldn't renegotiate because both times the sellers used all of the current year's points as well as all of the following year's points. Craziness!

Some of the brokers now add a clause to the contract where the seller will have to pay a certain amount (somewhere around $18-$24) per point that's redeemed after the contract is signed. That's the easiest way to avoid that being an issue. If I ever buy another resale contract (lord help me), I'll make sure that's in there. This seems to be a more and more popular scam, but attaching a price to redeeming available points easily avoids that situation.

To be clear, technically they don't "pay"; the title company simply deducts it from the seller's disbursement and refunds it to the buyer.

Some of the brokers now add a clause to the contract where the seller will have to pay a certain amount (somewhere around $18-$24) per point that's redeemed after the contract is signed. That's the easiest way to avoid that being an issue. If I ever buy another resale contract (lord help me), I'll make sure that's in there. This seems to be a more and more popular scam, but attaching a price to redeeming available points easily avoids that situation.

To be clear, technically they don't "pay"; the title company simply deducts it from the seller's disbursement and refunds it to the buyer.

I've never heard of this, but I highly recommend everyone has it put into a contract. I've had so many people lately tell me that the same thing has happened to them. Also, a few brokers tell me it happens way too often. I wish every broker had this in his/her contract with charging for using points after contract is signed. :( It won't help me as I am angrily done with buying more DVC. It just makes me mad because I find these deals, negotiate them, and then I have to wait 21-30 days just for Disney to say, "we're taking it". Honestly, I just feel like it is a waste of my time. Oh well. I can keep complaining or just stop engaging in it. I choose the latter. :)

I can keep complaining or just stop engaging in it. I choose the latter. :)

But that's no fun... for me. ;) Complain away, by all means.

Truthfully, once you do get the contracts you want, this will all be a fun memory to be discussed poolside at your favorite villa. Then you can come back here and enjoy watching everyone else suffer through the process :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!