ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We both sent on 4/11 right? I'm predicting :teleport: that if we pass, it will be on the 23rd or 24th... I think if it's after 15 or 16 days... then it's a really bad sign. But anyway, I'm betting on 23rd/24th for passing for us. :scratchin

Mine was also sent on the 11th. I figure if I don’t hear by the 25th I need to prepare myself for bad news.

TexasChick123---$85-$14297-150-SSR-Mar-38/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20-Seller banked 2017 pts- sent 3/26, taken 4/17

No surprises here. Honestly, I’m ok with this one. I had to try at that price. ;)

Sorry to hear. I have been following yours to see if you would pass because we both had similar contracts which now are both taken. :worried:

Is there that many SSR direct sales going on?

Ron

Mine was also sent on the 11th. I figure if I don’t hear by the 25th I need to prepare myself for bad news.

Mine was also the 11th. I am not optimistic and I am giving it until Saturday until I start looking at new contracts to purchase.

aoconnor(seller)---$98-$21564-202-SSR-Feb-0/17, 202/18, 202/19- sent 4/17

I closed on this just a few weeks ago at $85/pt, but found an AKV contract I liked better so bought that also. I'll break even on this one with a $63 profit after commissions. Whew!

Last edited:

I am trying to determine what price I am willing to pay for my contract.

Does anyone have a formula they use to determine the value of a banked point? The contract I placed an offer on has quite a few 2017 banked points (into 2018 use year). I know they have some value, but how much?

Does anyone have a formula they use to determine the value of a banked point? The contract I placed an offer on has quite a few 2017 banked points (into 2018 use year). I know they have some value, but how much?

Which resort? This is the most important factor in the cost of a contract. The fully loaded contracts also can get a premium. You could try a low ball offer, or do a far offer if your afraid the contract will disappear.

I use base of $12 or $13 if seller pays dues - for more popular I use $15

Which resort? This is the most important factor in the cost of a contract. The fully loaded contracts also can get a premium. You could try a low ball offer, or do a far offer if your afraid the contract will disappear.

The resort is SSR. The contract has been around since late March, so I am not sure if it will disappear quickly. I think I gave a fair offer for a "standard" contract, I am just wondering what the value is of the banked points.

The resort is SSR. The contract has been around since late March, so I am not sure if it will disappear quickly. I think I gave a fair offer for a "standard" contract, I am just wondering what the value is of the banked points.

I would say $12 per point if they won't expire soon.

I use base of $12 or $13 if seller pays dues - for more popular I use $15

The seller paid the dues on the 2017 points that are banked into 2018. If I pay what he countered the last person, versus my top end, it would be $7.72 for each of the banked points. Does that seem reasonable?

The seller paid the dues on the 2017 points that are banked into 2018. If I pay what he countered the last person, versus my top end, it would be $7.72 for each of the banked points. Does that seem reasonable?

Well if you want to use dues its is $5.1749 per point. But I would use $12 because if I wanted to go/stay at SSR I could probably rent points at that price if I got a good deal.

You could also view it is another year/trip of the contract so probably amortized cost (purchase price divided by years) ignoring TVM is probably around $3 plus you get the free maintenance dues ($5.1749)

Well if you want to use dues its is $5.1749 per point. But I would use $12 because if I wanted to go/stay at SSR I could probably rent points at that price if I got a good deal.

You could also view it is another year/trip of the contract so probably amortized cost (purchase price divided by years) ignoring TVM is probably around $3 plus you get the free maintenance dues ($5.1749)

So I guess $7.72 isn't a bad deal. I am always looking for the deal.

My big problem is the apparent scarcity of my UY and desired number of points. This is the only contract out there that fits the bill, and the only other contract with my UY is more than double the points, so that is a no-go.

I am looking to book at VB in February or March and these points would help with that. Of course, waiting for ROFR and points to get into my account will be a pain, but definitely worth the money I am saving over buying another contract from DVC.

So I guess $7.72 isn't a bad deal. I am always looking for the deal.

My big problem is the apparent scarcity of my UY and desired number of points. This is the only contract out there that fits the bill, and the only other contract with my UY is more than double the points, so that is a no-go.

Yeah I can't comment if it is a good "deal" as everything is relative and your $7.72 is the difference between your max price and their lowest price. Not what they have been sold for recently.

From what I have seen on these boards recently sub $90 seems to be a good deal for SSR - however, those priced that way have seemed to been taken lately.

Yeah I can't comment if it is a good "deal" as everything is relative and your $7.72 is the difference between your max price and their lowest price. Not what they have been sold for recently.

From what I have seen on these boards recently sub $90 seems to be a good deal for SSR - however, those priced that way have seemed to been taken lately.

This is nowhere near sub-$90. I was looking and it appeared that sub $95 is even iffy. This seller seems to have unrealistic expectations and I wonder if it is because of the broker. They seem to have quite high prices.

This is nowhere near sub-$90. I was looking and it appeared that sub $95 is even iffy. This seller seems to have unrealistic expectations and I wonder if it is because of the broker. They seem to have quite high prices.

Yeah sellers seem to have unrealistic expectations.

Of the 10 most recent on forum (not archived) for SSR:
8 of 10 are $95 or below
4 of 10 are $90 or below
2 of 10 are above $95

Would have to look more in detail whose were stripped, normal, or loaded though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter