ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand where people get these contracts to agree to ridiculously low amounts... I offered like $5 below asking (on several contracts) and all of them refused or were only willing to dip like $2

I think it's pretty random, really. We're just closing on our second resale contract and before getting these two (over the course of two years). Our experiences have varied quite a bit (our resale is all AKV, BTW) - One was under contract before they could view our offer, another one accepted our very low offer right away (we were shocked!) and of course Disney took it in ROFR. Another came down like $4 or $5 per point but the seller didn't disclose that they had borrowed points in it, so we backed out of the deal, having seen a contract we liked better anyway. The next seller eventually came down about $3 or $4 per point but took a lot of back and fourth and the one we're closing on right now was listed at $116pp and we passed ROFR at $104pp for a loaded contract! So you never know! I guess you just have to try and hope for some pixie dust! These transactions were all with different companies, BTW.

I don't know how much truth there is in this BUT I think that the sites that get a little less traffic online probably get fewer offers - therefore perhaps less competition, so I would offer more aggressively with those listings. On the other hand, if I was the seller... I would definitely list on a site that has a good internet presence and gets a lot of traffic because I think there would be more competition to buy.

That’s really useful feedback. Thanks for sharing. Do you mind me asking which agents these were advertised by?

Tried replying before but it got deleted for not using links or something.... New here so don't k ow all the rules, but I have to say that if you watch the Dis' DVC show, you should be able to find some great agents.

Tried replying before but it got deleted for not using links or something.... New here so don't k ow all the rules, but I have to say that if you watch the Dis' DVC show, you should be able to find some great agents.

Thanks! I have a copy of your reply in my inbox although was puzzled when I couldn’t see it on the thread! I’ve got offers out on a few contracts now so hopefully one of those will work out!

I think it's pretty random, really. We're just closing on our second resale contract and before getting these two (over the course of two years). Our experiences have varied quite a bit (our resale is all AKV, BTW) - One was under contract before they could view our offer, another one accepted our very low offer right away (we were shocked!) and of course Disney took it in ROFR. Another came down like $4 or $5 per point but the seller didn't disclose that they had borrowed points in it, so we backed out of the deal, having seen a contract we liked better anyway. The next seller eventually came down about $3 or $4 per point but took a lot of back and fourth and the one we're closing on right now was listed at $116pp and we passed ROFR at $104pp for a loaded contract! So you never know! I guess you just have to try and hope for some pixie dust! These transactions were all with different companies, BTW.

I don't know how much truth there is in this BUT I think that the sites that get a little less traffic online probably get fewer offers - therefore perhaps less competition, so I would offer more aggressively with those listings. On the other hand, if I was the seller... I would definitely list on a site that has a good internet presence and gets a lot of traffic because I think there would be more competition to buy.
I agree that it is random. I bid 150 on a CCV 70 point contract listed at 160 last summer, hoping to hopefully meet in middle , but it was accepted. Just this week another 75 point CCV contract listed for 150 and I bid 144 and it was accepted. These were with different companies. I have also bid where seller would not budge.

I think one just got taken a page or two back on this thread at $110 a point.
Good luck...you never know!

You’re right. It wasn’t on the page 1 of this thread so somehow I missed that comparable. I guess the only hope I have is that one at $110 still had a healthy amount of 2020 points. I won’t get my hopes up.

You’re right. It wasn’t on the page 1 of this thread so somehow I missed that comparable. I guess the only hope I have is that one at $110 still had a healthy amount of 2020 points. I won’t get my hopes up.
You never know...stranger things have happened! Good luck!

Received an update from our broker indicating that the contract made it past the first phase of ROFR and will go to committee next. The wait is a killer 😬. Hoping the committee meets soon!
I didn’t realize there were 2 phases of ROFR. Can you explain? My contract was sent on 1/30 so I’m close to yours! Hoping I’m at the same stage as you :)

I didn’t realize there were 2 phases of ROFR. Can you explain? My contract was sent on 1/30 so I’m close to yours! Hoping I’m at the same stage as you :)
I’m new to this as well. It was just what was communicated by my broker. As to the comment from another poster indicating it may be a phase just for contracts they want to scrutinize more, I don’t know why they would want mine. It’s a good deal but not a great deal—certainly not as low as many of the ones on this thread that have passed

I’m new to this as well. It was just what was communicated by my broker. As to the comment from another poster indicating it may be a phase just for contracts they want to scrutinize more, I don’t know why they would want mine. It’s a good deal but not a great deal—certainly not as low as many of the ones on this thread that have passed
Fingers crossed we hear something in the next few days!!! 🤞

Try contracts through a different company. Based on the shows here it seems like the timeshare store recommends their sellers stay pretty firm. I’m sure others do as well. I had luck getting a good price through DVC store, but the second contract took a couple offers until I found one that would accept the price I was willing to pay.
It's somewhat concerning as a buyer to hear that a site encourages sellers to "stay firm" when they are supposed to be representing the interests of both parties. It makes me all that more appreciative of this thread and other sites that are transparent with sales trends to help discern what's a good value or not.

It's somewhat concerning as a buyer to hear that a site encourages sellers to "stay firm" when they are supposed to be representing the interests of both parties. It makes me all that more appreciative of this thread and other sites that are transparent with sales trends to help discern what's a good value or not.

I just sold vis the Timeshare Store and can tell you that was never mentioned, let alone conveyed in any way, I was given a range for a good starting price, priced it and accepted an offer for $5 less than asking within a few days.

I've also both bought and sold with the Timeshare Store and never been told that. All purchases were negotiated. The sales had offers they contacted me about.

I contemplated it. The desire to be “varsity DVC” ,as it’s portrayed a lot by the DVC “hardos” gave me some thought. Then I did the math and I realized that for my family, the direct route just was not worth it in any of the scenarios I played out.
Ha! I used to be “varsity” DVC, but I sold out and now am coming back in on the “JV” with my poor little white card. You know, I’m going to miss those $2 discounts on the T-Shirts in the gift shop. No, really the only thing I’ll miss is the special event parties, but realistically, as my kids get older, I probably can’t coordinate the dates to my schedule anyway, and with the thousands of dollars I’m saving by purchasing resale, I’ll just buy some “Villains After Hours” tickets instead and still come out several thousand ahead.

Ha! I used to be “varsity” DVC, but I sold out and now am coming back in on the “JV” with my poor little white card. You know, I’m going to miss those $2 discounts on the T-Shirts in the gift shop. No, really the only thing I’ll miss is the special event parties, but realistically, as my kids get older, I probably can’t coordinate the dates to my schedule anyway, and with the thousands of dollars I’m saving by purchasing resale, I’ll just buy some “Villains After Hours” tickets instead and still come out several thousand ahead.

It's funny you said this because I told my husband that I didn't care about Direct because we are never there during any type of DVC Events - except for this trip......I was so upset! lol While I'm still saving thousands of dollars, the FOMO is real! lol

It's funny you said this because I told my husband that I didn't care about Direct because we are never there during any type of DVC Events - except for this trip......I was so upset! lol While I'm still saving thousands of dollars, the FOMO is real! lol
I know the feeling. We always said just once a year maybe every other year. We went to Disney during Labor Day and a few months ago, we booked a trip for Memorial day. Now I keep running the numbers for an add on direct vs resale for the gold passes. Still doesn't work out; however If I do add on I will have more points. If I have more points, I'll go more often then maybe the passes would come handy. The cycle is very vicious!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter