ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those two ROFR for BLT make no sense to me. Although $128 is low and provided for the seller to pay the MF for 2020 and 2021 that contract had been stripped of all points. The $135 contract had an extra 320 points effectively. At $15.50 per point rental these were worth $4,960. That is more than the reduction in points ($7 x 160pts) and two year’s management fees (roughly $2110) were worth (a total of roughly $3210). By my calc the $135 deal effect lcy cost about $1700 less.

Those two ROFR for BLT make no sense to me. Although $128 is low and provided for the seller to pay the MF for 2020 and 2021 that contract had been stripped of all points. The $135 contract had an extra 320 points effectively. At $15.50 per point rental these were worth $4,960. That is more than the reduction in points ($7 x 160pts) and two year’s management fees (roughly $2110) were worth (a total of roughly $3210). By my calc the $135 deal effect lcy cost about $1700 less.

Maybe the focus is on price per point.

Maybe the focus is on price per point.

Who knows. I hope so as I'm just signing the contract for a deal with quite a few 2018 banked points (Dec UY). If you take the value of the 2018 and 2019 points into consideration it gives me (by my crude calculations) a price per point of $126 for Poly rather than the contract price of $143.

Based on my BLT contract and the other one that got taken back lends me to believe that they focus mainly on overall price and price per point. They must not put much weight into banked and stripped contracts. I hope they don’t because I have my next contract at $135/pt which also has banked 2019 points (February UY).

I'm at day 32 waiting on ROFR. The extended wait is awful. Has anyone had one take this long recently?
I thought Disney had up to 30 days to exercise ROFR. Are you sure your broker sent it to ROFR right away? Mine took a few days to send it after the contract was signed.

I thought Disney had up to 30 days to exercise ROFR. Are you sure your broker sent it to ROFR right away? Mine took a few days to send it after the contract was signed.
They have until the closing date on the contract. Usually they get back within 30 days, though, but occasionally it runs a little longer.

They have until the closing date on the contract. Usually they get back within 30 days, though, but occasionally it runs a little longer.
Thanks for clarifying. The email from my broker stated that they had up to 30 days, but maybe that was just a generalization.

Low point cost and 2 years of no dues. I can see why it didn’t go. I heard years ago that contracts where seller covers dues tend to peak interest. Not sure how true.

wow. I guess they didn’t care it was stripped...

I’m in ROFR for a near-stripped AKV right now. The wait is awful
I agree! I had all of my paperwork in on 1/29. I’m not sure if they submitted it on the 30th or 31st but once I hit the two week mark, I was hoping to have heard one way or the other. Waiting is so hard!!! Lol

It was sent off to rofr a few days after signing. It's been 39 days since everyone signed and it was sent to ROFR 6 days later. Maybe Disney just doesn't like me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter