ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

We agreed a price on 10 Feb. We are still waiting (I think!) for our contracts to be submitted to Disney. We are buying via Fidelity...

We agreed a price on 10 Feb. We are still waiting (I think!) for our contracts to be submitted to Disney. We are buying via Fidelity...
I was also through fidelity. We agreed and signed on the 7th (Friday) but they didn’t send until the 13th. I bugged them everyday.
They said that typically it wouldn’t have been sent that Monday or Tuesday but apparently a bunch of contracts were sold and they were behind

Goodness, sounds like we might have some time to wait! I have just left them to it. I guess it gives more time for our existing points to rent which will help with the purchase costs a little 😁

I was also through fidelity. We agreed and signed on the 7th (Friday) but they didn’t send until the 13th. I bugged them everyday.
They said that typically it wouldn’t have been sent that Monday or Tuesday but apparently a bunch of contracts were sold and they were behind
Yep, they are behind. We came to an agreement Feb 8th and was sent to ROFR the 14th. I had to kind of stay on top of them through email.

How hard is it to rent them out? I may have to do that this year

Relatively easy through an agent if you are a US resident. Harder privately. I've wasted quite a bit of time looking for bookings for people who probably didn't have any intention of booking. We had just over 1500 points to rent and are now down to 805. Rented the initial load via www.dvcrequest.com (David's) and am now attempting to rent the remaining points on the trade/rent board on this site.

Awesome. I’ll only have like 70 ish to rent - so a long weekend or a shorter week. I have some 2019 points with the contract that expire next January. So I’m banking the 2020, using some of the 2019 and then hopefully using the money from renting to cover a big chunk of the GF I had booked when we stayed in December lol 🤦🏻‍♀️ Disney will get you every time

Awesome. I’ll only have like 70 ish to rent - so a long weekend or a shorter week. I have some 2019 points with the contract that expire next January. So I’m banking the 2020, using some of the 2019 and then hopefully using the money from renting to cover a big chunk of the GF I had booked when we stayed in December lol 🤦🏻‍♀️ Disney will get you every time
Yes, as RachStu mentioned, you can use David’s or the DVC store, or if you want to make more per point, you can list them on the Rent/ Trade board here (just do a little research to see the going rate per pt and standard procedure for collections, etc) and/or some Facebook DVC rent sites, that you can search and join.

acalewin---$110-$19353-170-AKV-Apr-0/18, 6/19, 0/20, 170/21- sent 2/11

one week down... on the other hand my wife has started talking about a Boardwalk contract as either a backup or add-on.
The waiting is brutal! I wound up closing on AKV contract. Was kinda hoping offer didn’t get accepted so I could grab a POLY. Now I have addonits and currently on the lookout. 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter