ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I had it in my head that I would hear from them today. Ours went in on 1/30 and going back through the posts, it seems like two weeks is about the average. I know they have 30 days but waiting is hard to do!

MadAdd---$95-$15200-160-AKV-Dec-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 160/19-Seller Pays Closing- sent 1/24

Very stripped contract, so I forced seller to pay closing costs. Plan was to add 25 points direct. How stupid am I!! :-) :-)
are you still waiting on RFOR? seems longer than most if you are

If they have Feb UY and want to sell for a really low price, let me know. :D

Congrats on your AKV! 2nd best option ;)
haha. they actually do have a february use year but no way they will ever sell. they joke that disney was probably the one and only purchase in their life that has held it's value over the long haul.

Since you all have been so generous with your knowledge, I thought I would share the bit of intel I got today. My offer for a 160 point VGC contract was made and accepted 1/18, contract signed and returned 1/19. The best I can tell the contract went to ROFR on 1/26 because I mailed my deposit check on 1/19 and it was cashed 1/25.

From what people on the board have been saying I expected to hear about ROFR today. To my surprise I opened my email and the closing documents were waiting for me. I emailed the title company and they confirmed that both ROFR and estoppel are complete! From reading on here I expected another month at least to get to this point.

Can I ask what company you used? My first resale contract was the same - they didn't even require a deposit until I passed ROFR & Estoppel was complete, which I thought was so strange?

haha. they actually do have a february use year but no way they will ever sell. they joke that disney was probably the one and only purchase in their life that has held it's value over the long haul.

They are wise beyond their years.

:)

Pangyal,

Our PVB is listed under BCV (we have a BCV we are waiting on too, but both are listed under BCV). Just wanted to see if you can fix that when you have a moment.

Thanks!

For some reason, I had it in my head that I would hear from them today. Ours went in on 1/30 and going back through the posts, it seems like two weeks is about the average. I know they have 30 days but waiting is hard to do!
Agreed! While we know it can be up to 30 days, that doesn't seem to be the norm for most. It seems like the 12-14 day ROFR isn't happening anymore. I wonder if this has anything to do with DVC price increase as well as the upcoming Feb. 25th direct point increase coming up. :worship: I just want to know already!!

Agreed! While we know it can be up to 30 days, that doesn't seem to be the norm for most. It seems like the 12-14 day ROFR isn't happening anymore. I wonder if this has anything to do with DVC price increase as well as the upcoming Feb. 25th direct point increase coming up. :worship: I just want to know already!!
I am in the same boat. Mine was sent on 1/26 and we are still waiting to hear from ROFR.

I'm also hoping they'll pass a whole bunch at once tomorrow! (although my two weeks isn't til Tuesday)
I got impatient and emailed our agent to see if she has seen any ROFR's come in lately (Just trying to see if ANY have been coming in) :rolleyes1... She basically told me I was way to early at 2 weeks and would likely see mine late next week. :scared: I sure hope she's wrong.

Can I ask what company you used? My first resale contract was the same - they didn't even require a deposit until I passed ROFR & Estoppel was complete, which I thought was so strange?

@TonyaG83 The title company is First Reliable Transfers [For the mods: they don't have a website that I know of], and based but on what the broker's website said and from the timeline I've put together, I don't think the contract was sent to ROFR until my deposit check cleared.

@TonyaG83 The title company is First Reliable Transfers [For the mods: they don't have a website that I know of], and based but on what the broker's website said and from the timeline I've put together, I don't think the contract was sent to ROFR until my deposit check cleared.

I wouldn't send a check to a company without a website these days. That's practically incomprehensible, IMHO. Granted, a web site doesn't really mean much on it's own, but still. I did search the forum and others have used them, so it should be fine. Just know for the future that you can choose to use any title company you want per Florida law (regardless what the broker says).

That was who closed my first resale too, but like I said, I didn't even send a deposit. They didn't ask for anything until ROFR & Estoppel was done. I just got my closing documents via email and that was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter