ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
tyronie---$95-$16843-160-AKV-Dec-0/15, 4/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 8/18, taken 8/30

I was the seller on this one, but wanted to post as I was somewhat surprised Disney took it. Guess it's still shocking at what prices are.

tyronie---$95-$16843-160-AKV-Dec-0/15, 4/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 8/18, taken 8/30

I was the seller on this one, but wanted to post as I was somewhat surprised Disney took it. Guess it's still shocking at what prices are.

That goes to support the higher prices at AKV at the moment. Still curious to see if the price will come down later in the year when the dues approaches.

I guess my higher $ per point bid makes sense now. Let's hope I make it through ROFR at $105 per point (noticed I put 102 on my original post somehow)!

That's a lucky break for you. You'll get paid a lot faster now!

Chancery8---$120-$4387-30-BWV-Aug-0/16, 60/17, 30/18, 30/19- sent 9/15, passed 9/22

Yay! Passed ROFR on our first try...and super quickly too. It only took 7 days! Which now makes me wonder if we overpaid and should have negotiated the price more. Like Disney took one look and said that's a horrible deal and immediately declined to take it :rotfl2:. All jokes aside, I'm :banana:!
I'm in the same boat- I paid a little bit more than we thought we would pay for a 50 point add on but it was the only one that we have seen in a few months and it worked perfectly for us so I'm not worrying about it. I felt even better recently when I saw a small BWV contract list for higher than what I paid!

chereya---$150-$8480-50-VGC-Oct-0/16, 100/17, 50/18- sent 9/10

I was totally not in the market to add on but I still receive the broker emails and I can't resist looking at them if VGC is in the subject line. Couldn't resist this small addition to my 1st contract of 150 pts. Not as much of a deal as my first buy but I'm satisfied with it considering the price has been climbing and this one is loaded.

Got notified today 9/22 that we passed! Seems like that was the longest 12 days of my life, lol!

That's a lucky break for you. You'll get paid a lot faster now!

You're not kidding. Disney called and asked to move up to closing , FedEx'ed the docs yesterday. For me it's great, but seems terrible trying to bid on one of these contracts.

I see a bunch of new AKV put up in the last day since I started my ROFR, 105ish and up does seem about normal right now. There are some 99, a 95 and a 92 also, but based off reading this thread I feel like those would get taken by Disney.

I see a bunch of new AKV put up in the last day since I started my ROFR, 105ish and up does seem about normal right now. There are some 99, a 95 and a 92 also, but based off reading this thread I feel like those would get taken by Disney.

We are waiting to close on our 160 point AKV contract. We paid $109 a point with an August UY and it was a loaded contract with 113 banked 2016 points so our 2017 total is 278. We passed ROFR in 13 days. Good luck to you!

My observation is that Disney is more likely to take DEC contracts at the moment. Our first offer recently was on a DEC contract and it was taken. Our second offer was for a FEB contract and it passed ROFR. Both very similar in that they had all 2017 points and a few 2016 points banked. Both at $91 per point. I'm also seeing AKV contracts being reduced in some instances so not sure if that's an indicator that prices have peaked or not. This is just my experience of course.

My observation is that Disney is more likely to take DEC contracts at the moment. Our first offer recently was on a DEC contract and it was taken. Our second offer was for a FEB contract and it passed ROFR. Both very similar in that they had all 2017 points and a few 2016 points banked. Both at $91 per point. I'm also seeing AKV contracts being reduced in some instances so not sure if that's an indicator that prices have peaked or not. This is just my experience of course.

I'm not sure that's true. I just bought a fully loaded BLT contract with a December use year for a very discounted $110 per point price. It sailed through ROFR in 10 days. I think it's pretty clear that the ROFR decision maker looks at the price and decides if it's a good deal, and then looks at the wait list to see if they need inventory for that resort and use year. If both price and need align, they take the contract.

I'm in the same boat- I paid a little bit more than we thought we would pay for a 50 point add on but it was the only one that we have seen in a few months and it worked perfectly for us so I'm not worrying about it. I felt even better recently when I saw a small BWV contract list for higher than what I paid!

I hear ya. I couldn't pass up a 30pt fully loaded contract, and knowing it was a small add on, I was okay with it costing a bit more. Or at least what I thought was more...have you seen the new BWV listings in just the last week/day!? 150pt ones listed as high as $130 and smaller contracts more than $140! The listing prices just keep going up up up, but contracts are still being bought up quickly...I keep wondering how much higher can resale prices really go at this point and when will the supply/demand balance shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!