ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another thing is that everyone says, "ROFR will take up to 30 days. Disney has 30 days to review it."

Well, I'm not sure if that is true. Everyone says it, but, I could be wrong, but I don't think that the DVC Membership Contract with Disney specifies that they need to do it within 30 days. In other words, potentially, they could take longer. But, that being said, I think they are averaging about 2 1/2 weeks right now. Depending on the property, points, contract etc. If they look at it closely or if you are on the cusp, it might take longer for them to make a decision, whereas a straight, strong Yes or No is probably pretty fast.

The wording is that it has be to submitted to DVC for ROFR at least 30 days prior to closing. ie, they have to have a minimum of 30 days to review, it isn't a maximum number. However DVC has generally responded in 30 days or less.

vrajewski---$117-$12886-100-AKV-Mar-0/17, 100/18, 100/19, 100/20- sent 6/26, passed 7/12
Yay- congrats to you. Finally lol....
I also am waiting on my 4th attempt. I submitted a day before you- same broker- same property- same points- but at 115.00- still waiting :(

Yay- congrats to you. Finally lol....
I also am waiting on my 4th attempt. I submitted a day before you- same broker- same property- same points- but at 115.00- still waiting :(
I’m like the most impatient person ever. I only had to wait two weeks and i was so anxious lol $115 is still a really good price, i hope you hear good news soon! Maybe follow up with them? I emailed the company to follow up and they told me they hadn’t heard anything, then a couple hours later i got the approval email. Probably because they didn’t want to keep hearing from me lol

I’m like the most impatient person ever. I only had to wait two weeks and i was so anxious lol $115 is still a really good price, i hope you hear good news soon! Maybe follow up with them? I emailed the company to follow up and they told me they hadn’t heard anything, then a couple hours later i got the approval email. Probably because they didn’t want to keep hearing from me lol
I’m just as impatient as you and it’s only been a week. Lol. I don’t do well with waiting. This is like the worst thing ever for me. Lol.

And once it passes RoFR there’s more waiting lol
This is me now. Passed last Friday and I wait. I felt like an expert with everything before ROFR since I went through it 4 times but closing-not really any idea what comes next other than payment and signature (I have been researching).
I said I would never buy direct but we are already looking at adding pts. The slight different between adding 50 or 75 points direct/resale I can live with so yeah, direct for 75 it is. I was told I couldn’t get on the wait list until the end of the month (or my contract closes) so...I wait again. Fun isn’t it. I feel like I am in the military again...hurry up and wait lol.

This is me now. Passed last Friday and I wait. I felt like an expert with everything before ROFR since I went through it 4 times but closing-not really any idea what comes next other than payment and signature (I have been researching).
I said I would never buy direct but we are already looking at adding pts. The slight different between adding 50 or 75 points direct/resale I can live with so yeah, direct for 75 it is. I was told I couldn’t get on the wait list until the end of the month (or my contract closes) so...I wait again. Fun isn’t it. I feel like I am in the military again...hurry up and wait lol.

Wait up to three weeks for estoppel then closing documents and you give them all your money. Then depends how quick they do it but they file the deed. Then another three weeks before your membership number and contract id

Wait up to three weeks for estoppel then closing documents and you give them all your money. Then depends how quick they do it but they file the deed. Then another three weeks before your membership number and contract id
Thanks for the info. I think this wait is a lot easier that the ROFR wait (still waiting but not as stressful) especially since I have no plans for using the points any time soon. Already have Disney Paris booked for Nov so my next World trip won’t be until (at the earliest) June 2019.

Thanks for the info. I think this wait is a lot easier that the ROFR wait (still waiting but not as stressful) especially since I have no plans for using the points any time soon. Already have Disney Paris booked for Nov so my next World trip won’t be until (at the earliest) June 2019.

Yes but the 11month priority just opened! It’s noy as stressful as you put just more annoying

The problem is that once we started getting more points and adding on, we had a much lower threshold for "adding" a trip. We considered and decided against using the 124 expiring points for a last minute trip to WDW. (And they are not in my account yet... argh). But we added a Xmas trip for 2019 and are doing an adults only long weekend in 2019 for our 25th anniversary. So we went from 1 trip in 2019 to 3 in the space of a few months. We are also considering a trip in September for the AP event at TS Land... One of the longtime owners of DVC and members of the board said that buying DVC does not save you any money, and that is definitely true for us!!

The problem is that once we started getting more points and adding on, we had a much lower threshold for "adding" a trip. We considered and decided against using the 124 expiring points for a last minute trip to WDW. (And they are not in my account yet... argh). But we added a Xmas trip for 2019 and are doing an adults only long weekend in 2019 for our 25th anniversary. So we went from 1 trip in 2019 to 3 in the space of a few months. We are also considering a trip in September for the AP event at TS Land... One of the longtime owners of DVC and members of the board said that buying DVC does not save you any money, and that is definitely true for us!!
This is going to be us. It has hit already. We were planning our next trip for Dec 2019 and I thought...well what about June 2019 in addition to Dec? We are in the planning stages now and everything will come down to how fast we can get this one done, the added points included and availability when we finally go to make the reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter