ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling it was going to happen.

hlhlaw07---$119-$27643-225-BLT-Dec-0/16, 450/17, 225/18, 225/19- sent 11/14, taken 11/21

So sorry - that would have been a great contract! Makes me nervous about my loaded BCV...Based on ROFR turn-arounds, I expect to hear back any day now.

Best of luck with your current submission!

Alrighty, everyone- the thread has been updated. BOOOOOOO to those who had contracts snatched out from under them- great advice to dive back in :)!

Congratulations to all who passed, and good luck to those waiting. There are some really great contracts floating around!

And thanks to @ScubaCat who so kindly compared me to a tyrant.

:jester:

Alrighty, everyone- the thread has been updated. BOOOOOOO to those who had contracts snatched out from under them- great advice to dive back in :)!

Congratulations to all who passed, and good luck to those waiting. There are some really great contracts floating around!

And thanks to @ScubaCat who so kindly compared me to a tyrant.

:jester:

I must be crazy! It's almost as if somebody else mentioned that before.... Hmmmmmmmm.....:scratchin

yes, I am being totally mean this round!

Ohhhhhh yeah that's right. :cool2:

Have a great thanksgiving weekend (to all those who partake)!!

So after we stayed at BWV and loved it so much, we decided we would add a BWV contract if we saw one we liked. We didn't think one would come up so soon, but we jumped on this loaded contract. Plan on renting most of the 300 MF-free points to bring the cost per point down. I know DVD loves loaded contracts, but I wonder if this is priced high enough so they won't take it?

iheartglaciers---$115-$18942-150-BWV-Oct-0/16, 300/17, 150/18-Seller pays MF '16 & '17- sent 11/22

So after we stayed at BWV and loved it so much, we decided we would add a BWV contract if we saw one we liked. We didn't think one would come up so soon, but we jumped on this loaded contract. Plan on renting most of the 300 MF-free points to bring the cost per point down. I know DVD loves loaded contracts, but I wonder if this is priced high enough so they won't take it?

iheartglaciers---$115-$18942-150-BWV-Oct-0/16, 300/17, 150/18-Seller pays MF '16 & '17- sent 11/22

Oh wow! Good luck!

A question on ROFR...So, if an owner wants to sell their timeshare at VGC for $150 per point and gets an offer in which the owner accepts for $135 per point, the transaction then goes before Disney for their blessing. If Disney decides that they would rather buy it at that price and hold it for their own inventory to sell, how does Disney go about selling it?

On the flip side of that, let's say I go to Disneyland, sit through the entire sales presentation, and state that I'll only buy if there's something at VGC...No Aulani and No Copper Creek. How does Disney manage that request? Would they put me on a waiting list and as they have the opportunity to pick a contract up via ROFR, they then contact me?

For the first part...as far as I understand it, anything Disney takes in ROFR they will then in turn sell as direct points.

If you want to buy VGC direct, yes, you would go on a waiting list until they have points back in from ROFR. Currently if you are buying as a new member, VGC direct is $185/point with a 100 point minimum purchase.

Snowmiser---$87-$9983-100-AKV-Jun-0/16, 90/17, 100/18, 100/19- sent 10/12, passed 10/17

Finally gave in to addonitis - have owned at BWV since 2013 and now added a home at AKL. Our timeline was super fast so I wanted to share how quick and painless resale can be.

10/11 - offer made and contracts signed
10/12 - sent to ROFR
10/17 - Disney waived ROFR!!! I was prepared to wait weeks so I was shocked when I got the email.
11/6 - closing docs received from title company
11/8 - closing docs and $$ sent to title company
11/13 - received closing confirmation from title company and they advised we'd have the points in our account in 2-4 weeks
11/21 - logged into our DVC account just for the heck of it and the points were there

So excited to have more points!

Snowmiser---$87-$9983-100-AKV-Jun-0/16, 90/17, 100/18, 100/19- sent 10/12, passed 10/17

Finally gave in to addonitis - have owned at BWV since 2013 and now added a home at AKL. Our timeline was super fast so I wanted to share how quick and painless resale can be.

10/11 - offer made and contracts signed
10/12 - sent to ROFR
10/17 - Disney waived ROFR!!! I was prepared to wait weeks so I was shocked when I got the email.
11/6 - closing docs received from title company
11/8 - closing docs and $$ sent to title company
11/13 - received closing confirmation from title company and they advised we'd have the points in our account in 2-4 weeks
11/21 - logged into our DVC account just for the heck of it and the points were there

So excited to have more points!
Love this post! Gives me hope for the price we are looking for =)

Holy cow that was fast, thought it would take longer especially with the Thanksgiving holiday!

keaster---$110-$44000-400-AUL-Mar-0/16, 0/17, 617/18, 400/19-subsidized dues- sent 11/20, passed 11/27

Seller paying 2017 MF and closing costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!