ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the buy back rate for VGC is now in the past 2 months since they started buying it back?
I noticed they have been buying back contraxts between 170s to 180s although I ddI see 200 to 225 points being bought back from another Resale source They haven’t put up there rofr report for October yet that’s from aug/sept.

https://www.**********.com/august-2019-dvc-resale-rofr-data/amp/

Thank you. Now anxiously waiting my vgc contract.
We had a contract that was stolen at 155 and there was another one for 160 last week. With the recent information coming out, I won't be surprised that those get taken.

Interestingly there's been a lot of VGC listings primarily on DVC Resale Market that are accepted ~175-180 range and it'll be interesting to see how many of those make it through since they report out their ROFR data which is very nice of them.

Any speculation as to why the have stayed away from buy backs on CCV and PBV?

I'm feeling like I may have over shot at $145/p for a 150 CCV contract.

Likely because CCV they still have initial points left for sale, so don't need to cushion their buy backs yet. Also for CCV and PBV they can take points more cheaply I bet through foreclosure with many of the newer owner refinancing. So since the resorts are newer and have higher price they prefer the other routes that help them out in many other ways.

It would probably take a lot of offers to find someone who would accept less than $145 though. People selling now haven't owned there for long and some either have financing and can't take an offer less than what they owe or some just don't want to lose money. You'd have to find that desperate seller that's willing to take anything just to unload it asap.

Likely because CCV they still have initial points left for sale, so don't need to cushion their buy backs yet. Also for CCV and PBV they can take points more cheaply I bet through foreclosure with many of the newer owner refinancing. So since the resorts are newer and have higher price they prefer the other routes that help them out in many other ways.

Thanks for the insight. I am a bit of a noob so I was under the impression that it was "sold out" so upon seeing they were raising prices I worried they may decide to start taking some back since CCV would be one they could still get top dollar on.

It would probably take a lot of offers to find someone who would accept less than $145 though. People selling now haven't owned there for long and some either have financing and can't take an offer less than what they owe or some just don't want to lose money. You'd have to find that desperate seller that's willing to take anything just to unload it asap.

This was something I considered after we made the offer. In the end I am still glad we got our offer in before anyone else did. Now fingers crossed that ours is not the first one they decide to buy back this year :charac2:

Are you the one who cancelled, SecondEventuality? If so, can you please share why :scratchin Did you still buy Old Key West :love: I did just see this contract relisted :D

Hi @mlittig - Yes, we are the ones that canceled and they relisted it the same day, which I'm thankful for! Felt awful, but there's a reason why they give you 10 days...we didn't wait that long, but still!!!

The long and short of it is that my husband decided that we'd eventually end up wanting 100 points and decided that since we are just starting out, we might as well be pointing in the direction of member benefits vs. away from that goal. The 50 turned into 100 fairly quickly once our guide told us he could give us the old price prior to it increasing on the 1st. So we bought two 50 pt contracts. I wanted direct so that we can stay at Riv, which we couldn't do going resale, but I was happy to let that wish go if it was the only reason.

And, yep, we bought OKW, 2057. Given our ages and unless our son wants the contract, more than likely we will have to sell midway. Not something we are thrilled about, but it will work out in the end. C'est la vie.

Skicks35---$169-$34550-200-VGF-Apr-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 0/21-no MF until '22- sent 10/26
Pardon my ignorance but does this contract mean they are staying in 2020 with 2021 points?
does that have any impact on when you can close?

Pardon my ignorance but does this contract mean they are staying in 2020 with 2021 points?
does that have any impact on when you can close?

Must be a delayed closing until April or May? They can't even borrow the '21 points until April. Or maybe it was just a mistype?

Must be a delayed closing until April or May? They can't even borrow the '21 points until April. Or maybe it was just a mistype?
Points from 2021 could have been borrowed as early as May 2019 if they were booking a trip after April 2020.

But if those are gone, then it has to have a delayed closing because those points must be in a reservation still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter