ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats all, so many great contracts. I am not sure whether the problem I seem to have is BLT or February use year because I haven't had any luck. Have another one hopefully will be firmed up in the next day or two although I expect Disney to take it as well.
Seeing some people pass with lower price but others get taken with slightly higher, I think we 2 just ran into bad luck with our BLT attempts. That said, look at the huge number of confirmed reservations listed on rental sites. If this pandemic doesnt end, there will be a lot of sellers and we can take advantage of that in 6-12 months.

Seeing some people pass with lower price but others get taken with slightly higher, I think we 2 just ran into bad luck with our BLT attempts. That said, look at the huge number of confirmed reservations listed on rental sites. If this pandemic doesnt end, there will be a lot of sellers and we can take advantage of that in 6-12 months.

I just saw someone post on the Facebook DVC group that their BLT passes ROFR. Asked him for details, hopefully he will pass it along. What prices did you see pass?

Edit:. 160 pt contract, not banked, paid$145. So that's more than I would pay and I am not sure if Disney letting that one pass helps me

Last edited:

I just saw someone post on the Facebook DVC group that their BLT passes ROFR. Asked him for details, hopefully he will pass it along. What prices did you see pass?

Edit:. 160 pt contract, not banked, paid$145. So that's more than I would pay and I am not sure if Disney letting that one pass helps me
Yeah I feel like it’s tough to get a BLT contract through under $140/pp at the moment. You just never know with Disney though. They let odd ones slip through.

Aulani isn’t too hard. They have a ton of rooms.
HH and VB are small properties and fill up quickly.
I only need to sleep in one more state to have done so in all 50, and that state is HI. I was hoping to use my new points at some point to keep the cost of the trip down... but I was just making sure the off-property resorts didn't have issue getting on property and vice-versa.

Thanks for the info.

Question for you, how was fidelity in terms of service? The agent I am dealing with takes over 24 hours to respond to any message I send.
That was my experience when we purchased through them in early 2019. I purchased from them twice. Great pricing but communication is slow from the two agents, and closing/admin team, that I had for both contracts.

jamie3631(seller)---$155-$10618-65-BWV-Oct-0/19, 106/20, 65/21, 65/22- sent 11/24

Ok trying this again! This contract passed ROFR on Sunday morning, on day 10 from signing the contract, and the buyer backed out due to a sad health situation. So here we go again! I am the seller on the contract.

I only need to sleep in one more state to have done so in all 50, and that state is HI. I was hoping to use my new points at some point to keep the cost of the trip down... but I was just making sure the off-property resorts didn't have issue getting on property and vice-versa.

Thanks for the info.
Aulani is one of the first things we plan to do with our points (banking any 2021 points so we can vacation in Hawaii in 2022 with a whole bunch of points available). I have been dreaming about seeing Hawaii for a long time and the DVC purchase makes it a lot more reasonable.

A couple things, I emailed Friday to see what would happen if I backed out of my purchase. I signed papers on the 12th and my deposit was just taken last week and I emailed my broker to see what would happen if I backed out. He said I would lose my deposit. Don’t you have 10 days to cancel? I think he could have told me this. Anyway, I didn’t want to lose my deposit so I didn’t say anything more but just read you have 10 days. Now I am 2 days past the 10th day. Then I got an email saying I passed ROFR then I got one saying we’re waiting for ROFR?

Question for you, how was fidelity in terms of service? The agent I am dealing with takes over 24 hours to respond to any message I send.
We are in the final stages of a purchase via Fidelity and that has been our experience as well - great price for an ideal contract (for us) but communication is certainly slower than the other broker we previously dealt with. Nothing that has been deal breaking but can be a bit frustrating at times.

My general take is that the Fidelity brokers appear to stick closer to the traditional "9:00 - 5:00" hours and don't really respond at night or on weekends.

A couple things, I emailed Friday to see what would happen if I backed out of my purchase. I signed papers on the 12th and my deposit was just taken last week and I emailed my broker to see what would happen if I backed out. He said I would lose my deposit. Don’t you have 10 days to cancel? I think he could have told me this. Anyway, I didn’t want to lose my deposit so I didn’t say anything more but just read you have 10 days. Now I am 2 days past the 10th day. Then I got an email saying I passed ROFR then I got one saying we’re waiting for ROFR?
If contracts were fully signed on the 12th, that would be the day to start counting (it's not just when you sign, it's when all parties have signed). You have ten days to cancel after contracts are fully signed. If you go beyond those ten days, you can lose your deposit.
As for the ROFR stuff.. I don't know what to say. Something screwy is going on with that broker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter