ROFR.....

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the actual process is once your contract gets there?? Steps they follow?? It seems like a magical place that I know nothing about. Can anyone enlighten me?

Does anyone know what the actual process is once your contract gets there?? Steps they follow?? It seems like a magical place that I know nothing about. Can anyone enlighten me?

We know it very well. First, it sits in a pile from 1-28 days, depending on the current moon phase, weather, and number of hospitalizations from unfortunate Tony's Town Square diners. Then, a very scary group of sith lords, led by the evil darth vader, decide whether or not the contract will restore balance to the force. If so, they advise Ken Potrock to engage the ROFR demon (this is a real thing), who then uses 0.8 seconds of profit from disney t-shirt sales to buy back the contract. Most of the time that doesn't happen, but sometimes it does.

While that may not be exactly true, that's about as much as is known. The truth is there's probably a small committee at DVD that uses a multi-step formula to make the decision. That formula likely varies depending on all sorts of factors, so from the outside it's pretty random. Best to just submit an offer on a contract you like and hope for the best. If it gets bought back, just try again. Nothing is lost other than the deal.

Last edited:
We know it very well. First, it sits in a pile from 1-28 days, depending on the current moon phase, weather, and number of hospitalizations from unfortunate Tony's Town Square diners. Then, a very scary group of sith lords, led by the evil darth vader, decide whether or not the contract will restore balance to the force. If so, they advice Ken Potrock to engage the ROFR demon (this is a real thing), who then uses 0.8 seconds of profit from disney t-shirt sales to buy back the contract. Most of the time that doesn't happen, but sometimes it does.

While that may not be exactly true, that's about as much as is known. The truth is there's probably a small committee at DVD that uses a multi-step formula to make the decision. That formula likely varies depending on all sorts of factors, so from the outside it's pretty random. Best to just submit an offer on a contract you like and hope for the best. If it gets bought back, just try again. Nothing is lost other than the deal.
In my mind, the decision process is like a B rated teenage movie :P

I think their number 1 job duty is to make sure that there's no consistency in the process so that people cannot come up with any educated guesses on how it actually works.

My guess is that the person who processes the ROFR contracts has other direct buy duties and works on ROFR contracts when they can, usually on Tuesdays. I don't know about wasting time with a committee,more like a worker with manager review matching contract specifics and price to a cheat sheet.

:earsboy: Bill

Honestly the most important thing they look for is probably unit number to match with points they already own.

Since that's not a factor for most of us, the process seems random.

I doubt price is their prime consideration and I wouldn't artificially raise offer due to ROFR concerns.

Remember a large part of the purpose it to keep it somewhat random so we are in guessing mode. If it's too predictable, it'd easier to target a specific price point.

We know it very well. First, it sits in a pile from 1-28 days, depending on the current moon phase, weather, and number of hospitalizations from unfortunate Tony's Town Square diners. Then, a very scary group of sith lords, led by the evil darth vader, decide whether or not the contract will restore balance to the force. If so, they advise Ken Potrock to engage the ROFR demon (this is a real thing), who then uses 0.8 seconds of profit from disney t-shirt sales to buy back the contract. Most of the time that doesn't happen, but sometimes it does.

or something like this...

south-park-manatees.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter