Roll Aways at GC??

starlette

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the GC have roll-aways for use if needed?

I just read somewhere that they give out sleeping bags. I'm not so sure my 15 year old (or any of my other kiddos) is going to be happy about sleeping on the floor. :confused3

Thank you!

I asked this question yesterday to the WDTC and was advised that they do not have roll aways. Yep, they will give you a sleeping bag. Some of the Std view rooms have a daybed and you can get a Queen room with bunks, again I think only std view.

We were only able to get DTD view for our dates in Sept and I have been told that my only options are 2 Q or 1 K. So I have requested 2 Q as I don't want my 2yo on the floor. He is too big for the pack n play, which they do provide.

HTH
Cheers

sydangel68 said:
I asked this question yesterday to the WDTC and was advised that they do not have roll aways. Yep, they will give you a sleeping bag. Some of the Std view rooms have a daybed and you can get a Queen room with bunks, again I think only std view.

We were only able to get DTD view for our dates in Sept and I have been told that my only options are 2 Q or 1 K. So I have requested 2 Q as I don't want my 2yo on the floor. He is too big for the pack n play, which they do provide.

HTH
Cheers

Thank you so much for you help. I think I'm going to give WDTC a call, too. I talked to my 15 year old last night and he said he was okay with sleeping on the floor. Boy was I surprised.

I've been toying with the idea of bringing our aero bed with us. It will take some creative packing since we will be flying. :teeth: Another alternative is buying one of those cheap blow up pool floats for him to sleep on. What to do? What to do? We'll figure something out, I'm sure.

Thanks again! Have a good one!

We have gotten rooms in WDW that have a queen bed, bunks, and a day bed. It works out great. I don't know if GC has the same thing but you might ask and see if you could put in a request.

Hmm, I've reserved a Downtown Disney view room and was hoping for a queen and bunk beds. This configuration is only available for city/standard view rooms?????? Why??? Does anyone know this for sure???

We're 6 people (shhh, don't tell!) and I was going to put me and DD4 and DS6 in the queen, DH in the bottom bunk, DD17 in the top bunk, and DD9 in the trundle bed under the bunk bed. If all else fails, DD17 could sleep on the floor. She's already asked me if she should bring her sleeping bag...

JULIE

I am just going off what WDTC told me. That with a DTD view my only 2 options were 1 K or 2 Q beds, you might want to check directly with the hotel. Also the bunk beds are small, like won't fit anyone over 5 feet. So might not be very comfortable for your DH.

Cheers

If the bunks are like what they have in WDW's AKL & WL my boys, 22 & 16 sleep very comfortable in them.

sydangel68 said:
I am just going off what WDTC told me. That with a DTD view my only 2 options were 1 K or 2 Q beds, you might want to check directly with the hotel. Also the bunk beds are small, like won't fit anyone over 5 feet. So might not be very comfortable for your DH.

Cheers

Thanks for the info! I guess I have 2 months to think about this (we're going on July 10-13). I suppose I could always sleep in the same bed with DH!! :smooth: All the kids are small, so they'd be OK in a bunk. Maybe we'll be upgraded to a theme park view room for free! Wishful thinking!

What will probably happen is we will be downgraded to a standard view room for the same price as the DTD view. Sigh.

JULIE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter