Room booked but rates not yet out

flowrida

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

We have just booked a room at Port Orleans for the last week in August and 1st week in September - the pass holder rate is only out for the first two days but they assured me that I could apply the pass holder rate as and when it comes out.

Is this easy to sort out?

Does anyone know when the rates for 27th August onwards will come out?

If you're checking in on a date that the AP rate is valid, you should be able to apply that rate to your entire stay regardless of the following dates NOT having AP rates.

We did this in December 01. I got an AP rate of $199 at the Grand Floridian. The last day the rate was available was 12/25. We checked in on 12/25 and had the AP rate for 6 nights.

I would call back and speak with another cast member. You should be able to have that AP rate for your whole stay.

I agree, whatever the rate is on your day of checkin is what is applied for you entire stay-as long as you don't do split resorts.

Thanks for the responses; i shall call them back this weekend and get it sorted.

have a nice weekend.

If your stay is longer then 10 nights and you had to split your stay the discount will only be valid on the first 10 nights as long as the check in date is not later then August 27

I called this week to apply the AP rate on our reservation for August at POFQ. The rate was only until Aug. 27 but because we are checking in before then we got it for our whole stay. I was a bit surprised, thought we would have to pay full price for the remaining days but the CM said it was good for the whole stay. We ended up saving $300!!!! :cool1:

This is not going so well! I have just rung to see whether they would apply the AP rate throughout as per what you say Briarberry, but yet again i'm being told "no cannot do, please keep ringing back"!

Shame they are not offering to pay for my phone call! I will keep ringing though.

Good luck with that Flowrida! You will be there the same time as we will! I noticed lots of Brits there the same time last year. My sister lives in your "neck of the woods". It's a great time to visit WDW, all the Americans kids are back in school.
I'm Canadian and we can use the toll free number, got something to do with being on the same continent I guess. Hope the phone bill isn't too bad for you!
Good luck with the rates! :flower:

Flowrida,

Did you get this worked out?? Just wondering. :earsgirl:

Dear "scanne" & others

First of all let me say I have never ever said anything negative about Disney and it hurts to do so but having said that I’m not impressed!

As you will have read previously I booked two weeks at Port Orleans for August and because the discount rate changed after 2 nights into the booking they would only confirm 2 nights with AP rate and the other 13 at rack rate on the assurance that the rate would be applied when it came out for the complete booking. Well I rung yesterday only to be told "sorry no, we cannot apply any discount because we haven't availability". Despite my explaining how ridiculous this was as they can see I have already have the room booked - 2 nights with AP rate! They will have on record we have been going for the past 10 years so we’re not trying to get something for nothing they just kept repeating “sorry no availability/we cannot override the system”. Spoke to a supervisor – or who I was told was a supervisor but when I rang back strangely enough no one knew who I was talking about!

So this is just a warning to others – don’t take it for granted that you will get the rate after booking.

Anyway sorry about the rant – the upshot is that because they were so inflexible we have – no, not cancelled as you may have thought, booked the Wilderness Lodge!!

Sorry this happened, but I have said hundreds of times, holding a rack rate room in no way guarantees you an AP discount on that room. When Disney goes to apply a discount, there has to be a room available at the discount. They book THAT room and cancel your rack rate room. No one does themselves a favor by holding a room at rack rate...they actually do a disservice to themselves and others by doing this. When the discounts are released they look at how many rooms are available to discount. So many folks are holding rack rate rooms with no intention on keeping them at full price, so Disney assumed they are sold out. You were lucky to get into WL, a much better choice IMHO. I hope more folks will see your thread and take heed that this does not always work, however, sometimes it does. The smaller resorts have very limited availability, like FQ and WL.

A question please-is there a limit as to the number of nights they will allow you to book at an AP rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter