Room discounts

KearneyFam02

*~* A dream is a wish your heart makes... *~*
I'm crunching numbers for our trip this fall. We normally try for free dining (who knows if it will even be a thing now :worried:) but are thinking about wanting to stay at POR which most likely won't get FD anyhow so we are hoping for a room discount. I read somewhere that POR only gets a 10% discount off the room rate. Is that true? $140 hardly seems like a discount when I can stay at CBR and possibly snag FD with an extra day at the park and still save $1000. Problem is we reallllly love POR and realllllly didn't care for CBR. :worried:

I'm crunching numbers for our trip this fall. We normally try for free dining (who knows if it will even be a thing now :worried:) but are thinking about wanting to stay at POR which most likely won't get FD anyhow so we are hoping for a room discount. I read somewhere that POR only gets a 10% discount off the room rate. Is that true? $140 hardly seems like a discount when I can stay at CBR and possibly snag FD with an extra day at the park and still save $1000. Problem is we reallllly love POR and realllllly didn't care for CBR. :worried:
Just so you know, the free dining offer and room only discounts have already come and gone. Free dining had to be booked by middle of feb and room only had to be booked by March 24. Those discounts did go through the end of september. It is unknown whether any additional offers will be out but since Star Wars opens August 29th I wouldn’t expect any new offers for sept through the end of the year.

If you’re thinking of “late fall” (ie Nov/Dec), then I would not put too much faith in there being a *free* dining offer. There may be some room discounts or package deals but expect them to be less generous than in past years. Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge is going to draw crowds for months. Disney may not need to offer much to entice guests to stay with onsite.

From my experience POR and FQ typically have a lesser discount than CB or CS. I love all 4 of those resorts but you need to decide if the discount is worth it for you. As an example I had booked a night at POR and then wanted to add another night. I ended up switching to CS. It only cost me $25 more to add the second night by switching. The discount at CS was better.

Just so you know, the free dining offer and room only discounts have already come and gone. Free dining had to be booked by middle of feb and room only had to be booked by March 24. Those discounts did go through the end of september. It is unknown whether any additional offers will be out but since Star Wars opens August 29th I wouldn’t expect any new offers for sept through the end of the year.

We have gotten FD in years past for December. They do summer/fall dates and late fall dates and always release late fall dates the last week of April. I'm inquiring on the late fall dates. I am aware they may not have it because of Star Wars but still holding out hope if we were to decide on CBR (not likely). Anywho... like I said in my OP we aren't banking on FD anyway and are looking more for a room discount.

I think the original point of my post got lost. I wasn't really asking about FD because I really don't expect there to be any and we are planning on booking at POR which never gets it anyway. I was asking if 10% off is what has been given in the past. Just trying to figure out what to expect.

I think the original point of my post got lost. I wasn't really asking about FD because I really don't expect there to be any and we are planning on booking at POR which never gets it anyway. I was asking if 10% off is what has been given in the past. Just trying to figure out what to expect.
https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart

If that doesn’t help, I suggest doing a search on the Codes and Rates subforum of the Resorts Board.

Based on the fact DL has no rooms for weeks because of Star Wars dont plan on anything for WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!