Room Partitions?

Tony M

Remember 1999
I've got a Cat6 Room and was wondering the sleeping arrangements. In the brouchure I see the one bed and the sofa. I assume that the sofa is a sleeper sofa that sleeps (2). But it also mentions a wall pull down bed. Is that for the "some rooms sleep 5"? And what about the cool beds that come out of the ceilings? My DS saw that in the preview video and is looking forward to it. It reminded him of the trundle beds at Dixie Landings(or whatever it's called now).
Also, is there a partition between the two areas and how much privacy does it give? Can the kiddies play on one side while adults sleep on other? or vice versa?;)

We were just in a Cat 6 that slept 4. Two twins shoved together for the adults. The sofa converts to a bed (the back folds down and that becomes the sleeping surface) that sleeps one. To sleep 4 you have the berth that comes down out of the celing above the sofa. Your room host(ess) will bring that down every night and put it up every morning. There is a ladder to get up. To sleep 5 I believe there is an additional murphy bed that comes out of the wall.

Partition wise between the bed and sofa/berth area is a curtain. I guess privacy wise it all depends on how much noise one area or the other is making ;)

Of course, you'll have the verandah, so for privacy from the kids you could always lock them out there ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) (kidding!!! for those of you who think I'm serious!!)

Dixie Landings is now called Port Orleans Riverside, but will ALWAYS and FOREVER be Dixie Landings to me!

HTH!

Only Cat 4 cabins and above will hold 5 people. Cat 6's will only hold 4 max.

All the partition is, is a privacy curtain. Bring a clothes pin or large diaper pin to keep it held together. Our curtain never quite closed properly.

MJ

Good morning Tony.

Also, is there a partition between the two areas and how much privacy does it give?

The curtain does a good job of blocking out any light and nudity. If you are a light (no pun intended) sleeper, no sound will go unheard. Even if you happen to be a sound sleeper, should anyone flush the toilet in the middle of the night you'll think someone is snoring loudly - right next to you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter