Room questions at All Stars/Pop Cent. or others

batt01

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are taking our three-year-old autistic daughter on a special trip of her own (without her 7year-old-twin siblings) this June. We are thinking of staying at either the All Star Music, Pop Century or the Radisson Parkway Orlando.

My question is this: Our daughter is extremely frightened of elevators and it is hard to get her and her stroller up and down stairs. Also, she sleeps in her own pack-n-play quite nicely. I don't want to try to break her into a bed on this trip!

So, If I request a King room at the above resorts (on the ground floor) with there be enough space for a pack-n-play and a stroller in the room? I heard the rooms are quite small.

Sould I request a hanidcapped room? (Would it be any larger?) and/or would it be on the first floor?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I *think* all the king size rooms are accessible at AllStars...??

And the one we had (adjoing a double room) was on the ground floor, no larger than the double room really...although the bathroom was...but you should have room for the packn' play, and the stroller over by the door...

you might want to consider renting points from a DVC'er...the rooms are larger (esp OKW) and studios are pretty cheap point wise...

just a thought!!
HTH!
:sunny:

all the rooms are the same size, about 260 sf. but with the king bed you would have more floor space. not sure if all the kings are handicapped though you should ask when you call.

I've had a pack and play in the room with two beds...a little cramped, but still manageable. We were able to put it up against the wall, next to the dressers.

My recommendation is to still request the king room. That space will be needed.

Suzanne

I agree with the suggestions to get a king bed room and use the pack and play that's in the closet for your daughter. You don't need a handicapped room though- those are for people who need a roll in shower, larger bathroom, etc. which it doesn't sound like would be necessary. The room itself isn't any larger. You could also request a ground floor room if that would make things easier. ---kathy

At All-Stars the King Rooms are the Handicapped accessible rooms.

Some of them have larger bathrooms with roll in showers and some of them have standard size bathrooms with a standard tub and heavy duty grab bars.

It sounds like if you are staying at All-Stars to request an accessible room with a bathroom with grab bars.

This will give you more room in the room as the king bed takes up less room than two doubles.

We have used both types of accessible rooms at All-Stars cause hubby has an ECV and have had plenty of room for the ECV in both types of accessible rooms.

There should be room for both the stroller and the Pack n' Play in the King rooms.

Now at Pop Century, I understand they have a few King Bed rooms that are not handicapped accessible and they MAY have a few two doubles rooms that ARE handicapped accessible, so your choices are slightly different there.

Because there are elevators in both resorts the handicapped accessible rooms are scattered throughout on all floors.

CRO has a special needs reservation department that is wonderful about getting you exactly the type room you need and are much more successful about GUARANTEEING the type room you need.

Hope this helps.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter