Room request questions - All-Star Movies

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
Maybe there is a FAQ I am missing, but tomorrow is our 60 days! and I was looking at information on what/how to request room preferences?

Is it better to call or do online?

What are the options I am given for the All-Star Movies resorts?

We have booked a "preferred" room, whatever that gets us.

Some preferences we are looking for (in no particular order)
- Toy Story section
- A refurbished room
- Adjoining rooms with my parents (Both reservations in my MDE account)
- Not first floor (assume it would be more traffic/noisy).

Etc.

I would recommend calling rather than doing the online request. The online requests tend to not be very reliable.

With the refurbishment going on you may wish to wait until closer to your arrival date to make your requests so that you have a better idea which areas have been refurbished. It doesn't make any difference when you make your requests as rooms are not assigned until a few days before your arrival.

I would recommend calling rather than doing the online request. The online requests tend to not be very reliable.

With the refurbishment going on you may wish to wait until closer to your arrival date to make your requests so that you have a better idea which areas have been refurbished. It doesn't make any difference when you make your requests as rooms are not assigned until a few days before your arrival.
Oh . .there isn't a "first come, first served" list of preferences?

Thank you.

No, there is not any "first come/first served" policy or practice.

Requests are exactly that, never guaranteed.

Four requests is too many. More work for the already overburdened Room Assignor + less likely to be doable. Determine what matters most, and request in that order. Because all Toy Story rooms are renoveted, you can combine those two.

Adjoining rooms are (simply) next to or near each other. Connecting rooms, well, connect.

No, there is not any "first come/first served" policy or practice.

Requests are exactly that, never guaranteed.

Four requests is too many. More work for the already overburdened Room Assignor + less likely to be doable. Determine what matters most, and request in that order. Because all Toy Story rooms are renoveted, you can combine those two.

Adjoining rooms are (simply) next to or near each other. Connecting rooms, well, connect.
Thanks .. that helps.

I've already indicated (when I made the reservation) that our reservations are tied to each other, so not sure if I need to indicate that again.

I guess I will request:
Toy Story section (though I am sure that is pretty popular for the same reason I want it (The excitement of Toy Story Land -- and the rooms already being refurbished)
Not first floor.

Thanks .. that helps.

I've already indicated (when I made the reservation) that our reservations are tied to each other, so not sure if I need to indicate that again.

You'll need to request adjoining (near each other) or connecting (right next to each other with an interior door connecting them) if that's what you want. Linking them in the system does not do that.

AllEars and TouringPlans both recommend making these requests in writing, normally via fax, 5 days before check in. That's when the room assigners will be looking at it. Sending it now will likely result in it being lost.

If you need connecting rooms, I would call and have that noted on your account immediately. They will note other preferences now but I'd still send it again a few days before check in. Be sure to order your preferences with the most important one first.

Maybe there is a FAQ I am missing, but tomorrow is our 60 days! and I was looking at information on what/how to request room preferences?

Is it better to call or do online?

What are the options I am given for the All-Star Movies resorts?

We have booked a "preferred" room, whatever that gets us.

Some preferences we are looking for (in no particular order)
- Toy Story section
- A refurbished room
- Adjoining rooms with my parents (Both reservations in my MDE account)
- Not first floor (assume it would be more traffic/noisy).

Etc.
I too would recommend calling and speaking with a CM. From what I hear, Toy Story was the first section to be refurbished. They are on Fantasia now.

The only thing I will add is that the more requests you make, it gets harder for Disney to fill them all. So, based on my experience, I would say pick the one or two things that are most important to increase your chances of having them fulfilled. Or you can ask for them all and take your chances. That's up to you! Good luck.

Jeff
Twitter.com/MouseMadePlace

Thanks all.

I called a CM and they told me that I should just call the resort directly (they gave me the number) 10 days before my check-in date to make my "room location" requests. She told me she marked my two reservations as "travelling together" so we should be automatically put next to each other(or very near) due to that.

Doing online check-in right now doesn't give me any room location preference options (the two drop-down boxes are empty) yet either.

My question now is what does a Preferred room get you at All Star Movies? Just the sections that are near the lobby? Or does preferred give you other benefits as well (pool view, not first floor, etc?)

So I guess I will just call at the end of October to make those request:
#1 - Toy Story section (if you can request a specific section) - we paid for "preferred" room.
#2 - Top floor (or just not first floor with potentially lots of traffic).
#3 - Connecting room (if possible)

Do those sound like reasonable requests?

Thanks all.

I called a CM and they told me that I should just call the resort directly (they gave me the number) 10 days before my check-in date to make my "room location" requests. She told me she marked my two reservations as "travelling together" so we should be automatically put next to each other(or very near) due to that.

Doing online check-in right now doesn't give me any room location preference options (the two drop-down boxes are empty) yet either.

My question now is what does a Preferred room get you at All Star Movies? Just the sections that are near the lobby? Or does preferred give you other benefits as well (pool view, not first floor, etc?)

#1 - Toy Story section (if you can request a specific section) - we paid for "preferred" room.

Sigh. She must have been new. I have no idea why she wouldn't just add your requests at the time you spoke to her, since she marked your reservations traveling together. That's essentially a request. Why not add the others?

Other misinformation she gave you: there's no way to call the resort directly. All of the publicly-accessible numbers for resorts go to a call center, possibly even the same one she was sitting in. There's also no requirement to wait till 10 days out to make requests. They can be made at the time you make your reservation or anytime thereafter.

The room request page in online check-in hasn't worked for about a year.

You can call the general reservation number (407-939-1936) anytime and have them add your requests. A preferred room just means that it's located in either the Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians or Fantasia buildings, and all rooms in those sections are considered preferred. Make your requests in order of importance, with your most important request first. So, you could say "Connecting rooms, Toy Story, top floor."

they told me that I should just call the resort directly
You will not (can not) be speaking to the resort. You will be speaking with a CM in a call center.
This won 't change. The program is broken.
Yes, just closer to the lobby than Standard rooms.
Yes, however requests are never guaranteed. Ever. Request in the order of importance, and the fewer requests, the beter. Do not use the word "not." Just request third floor.

Thanks all.

Preferred room only gives you a room in one of the three preferred buildings.

#2 say "2nd or 3rd floor" Or "high floor"
(sometimes the word "not" can be overlooked and you get that which you didn't want, so stating a positive request is more likely to avoid confusion)

See comments in quote.

Thanks for the info:
I was given this number as a "direct" number to the All-Star Movies resort: (407)939-7000

That's odd that the "room request" thing has been broken in MDE --- for a YEAR? Then why not just remove that option from the page?

I am guessing my order will be:
Toy Story
3rd floor
Connecting rooms

My mother is the one worried about the "floor" location. Sure .. a room by a stairway or on the first floor would be noisy .. but I don't plan on spending anything but sleeping hours in the room.

I guess I will just call sometime soon then rather than wait for the 10 days.

Yep, that's the number for the All-Star Movies resort on disneyworld.com. They'll answer "Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, how can I help you today?" but they're in a call center. Their phone system lets them know which resort the guest is calling so they can answer appropriately.

Fun fact: Even if you call the front desk at a Disney resort from your hotel room phone, it still goes to the call center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter