Room requests at dvc? A dying notion?

We booked AKL studio. Request near lobby. We were in a room so far away I had a blister in my foot. The building dead ended with our hallway.

Those are just a couple of examples :)

Boy can I relate! We were down that AKL long hallway in a studio once as well!! It was such a major hike to get to the lobby... it felt like we just kept walking and walking and walking some more!!:snail:

That was the one time I didn't put in a room request, and we arrived at the resort super late....like 2 am. I did like that we were right by an elevator down to the parking garage, and we were amazingly lucky to get the only spot in the garage at 2am! It was our first time/night at WDW- DVC and I had no idea at the time how hard parking was at Kidani.

We are at boardwalk this week and I request near elevator (very common request) for a studio. I booked it almost 6 mos out and was out in the second building down.

We booked AKL studio. Request near lobby. We were in a room so far away I had a blister in my foot. The building dead ended with our hallway.

Those are just a couple of examples :)

So when you checked in & they showed you where you were you asked if that was the best they could do and they said that was all they had available?

I'm at Hilton Head now, I requested most important to me, not to be in the main lodge. I requested 3 buildings and to be close to my brothers room.
But if the only way to be close was to be in Live Oak Lodge, then forget it. LOL

I am in one of my requested buildings and my brother and SIL are one building over. Perfect.

I booked exactly at 11 months out and made my requests then. I did not do online check in.

I nearly always had my requests granted pre-online check-in... This past weekend I stayed at AKV Jambo, value studio - during online check-in, I requested a savanna view but room-ready prioritized over all other requests. Upon arrival, the CM excitedly told me that my request for a pool view had been granted and my room would be ready in a few hours. When I explained what I had actually requested, lo and behold, she had a savanna view room ready and waiting for a guest. Something's not connecting in the system...

We never got our requests even before we owned DVC and were cash guests. So I wasn't expecting much from DVC :lmao:

We've only stayed once on our points so far and got our 1 request (High floor at BLT) and we did online check in.

I've decided I'm only going to put in 1 request for each trip. We'll see how we luck out in a few weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter