Room service at Kidani

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Boy, do I feel like a hick asking this. You know, I've never ordered room service! But for my next stay, Kidani, I thought I might treat myself some night (besides, there's no resturaunt there). But I don't know how it works. Like, how long between the time you order and get your food (this is a solo trip, so food for one)? And what about the Tables in Wonderland card-do I get the discount? And if so, do I tell them when I call or when the food's delivered? Do I tip, or is the tip that's part of the TIW card the tip? Thanks everyone.

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think TIW works for room service. Have you ever been to the Sanaa lounge at Kidani? It's small, but really nice, and your TIW should work there. Or, just get a table in the restaurant, take a reader or iPad, and enjoy the atmosphere. That's what I would do!:thumbsup2

BTW, 18% gratuity is added to room service meals. We have never done room service, either.

There is the Sanaa Restaurant at Kidani if you want somewhere to dine. For room service your TIW should apply (let them know when you call), a gratuity and a service fee will be added to your bill.

They also have a very limited menu at the pool bar until 6pm, but they don't accept TIW, at least the waitstaff we dealt with said they didn't ....although on past trips they did.

One reason I'm thinking of room service is that I can maximize the amount of time I sit on my balcony and watch the animals. I think that, except for when I'm asleep, I'd be happy spending ALL my time at AKV sitting on my balcony watching animals. So, if I have this right, tell them about the TIW card when I call and order, then just take the food, the tip is already attached to the bill, no further tip expected.

No, you're not a hick:rotfl2:. I always looked at room service as ridiculously overpriced and never worth it...until I had children. We took the kids (ages 22 months and 4 at the time) on a "practice" trip to Six Flags in Illinois. We had two nights booked in a Residence Inn(?) and our room was a "suite" with 2 beds in the bedroom and then a living area with a sofa, kitchenette and desk. At the end of our LONG day in the park, we were starving but the hubby and I did not want to eat MORE fast food. The kids were exhausted and there's no way they would have sat through a sit-down meal. Then, the epiphany...ROOM SERVICE! I ordered a nice chicken entree and DH had a steak. We ordered chicken tenders for the girls and they shared. We were able to eat a very nice dinner in the comfort of our own room. The kids were bathed and in their pajamas when the food arrived and it only cost about $50 including the tip. That's not that much more than we would have paid at a restaurant and we did not have to wrestle with ornery children. They were free to move around and watch TV or whatever. It was the perfect solution and I will never hesitate to do it again.

We are planning to order room service at Jambo (same food as Jiko but no dress code:thumbsup2) in November. I did not think the TIW discount applied but if you have a different experience, please advise. What a great deal that would be!

As far as the logistics of ordering room service in general, they will usually tell you when you order how long it will take. I can't imagine more than 30 minutes or so. They have always asked permission to enter my room to "set up" the food. It's all covered when it arrives so they kind of "present" it to you...abracadabrapixiedust:. There has always been a tip and service charge added to the bill so make sure you double check so you don't double tip. Sometimes, there is just the service charge, so then you should tip accordingly. (*FYI, this is not based on experience at AKL. It's based on my experiences at other, non-Disney resorts. Your experience will vary.)

...And what about the Tables in Wonderland card-do I get the discount? And if so, do I tell them when I call or when the food's delivered? Do I tip, or is the tip that's part of the TIW card the tip? Thanks everyone.

Did you end up ordering room service? If so, did they accept the TIW card? Inquiring minds need to know;).

No, I never did order room service. Frankly, unlike at Jambo, there were so few animals on the savannah from my room, I had no desire to stay there to see the trees and grass. I still wonder about the TIW card.

No, I never did order room service. Frankly, unlike at Jambo, there were so few animals on the savannah from my room, I had no desire to stay there to see the trees and grass. I still wonder about the TIW card.

We are headed down in a few weeks so I will try to remember to call and ask. We have a value studio at Jambo House and I am hoping for a savanna view. I requested a dedicated studio so hopefully that will reduce our chances of a parking lot room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter