room service tipping and DDE

DizMom11

Dear Hayel, Sara, and Michael, Please have patienc
Does anyone ever tip in excess of the 18% gratuity charge Diasney has for room service. Also, is there anywhere that the DDE applies to room service? :fish: :rockband:

we always tip room service i usually give my usual 20% that i would give anywhere but i also work on tips and sometimes tip too much! not sure about the DDE question :smooth:

I don't think DDE applies to any room service orders. While the resort we usually stay at doesn't offer room service (OKW), I occasionally order pizza delivery from Port Orleans, it includes a service charge/gratuity, but I usually tip a little more.

the response seems to be that people tip in addition to the 18% gratuity added to the bill. Is that because the 18% does not go to the server. I feel that 18% is enough of a tip, but I do not want to stiff the CM if they do not get wat I would usually leave in a sit down meal. :umbrella:

We always tip extra (usually just give them cash) since I am normally a 20% tipper. Plus it seems gauche not to give them anything (and I worry that they really don't see that 18%).

It has been awhile, but as i'm signing i usually ask "now YOUR tip is already on here?" "yes it is" then i still usually add a little more, but NOT another 15-20%

I think it's pretty presumptious to have a tip already included in the first place. In my opinion tipping is for good service and should be determined by the customer. Unless it was really exceptional service I would not go beyond 18 percent so generally I would not add an additional tip.

DaveT1, I like that line "now your tip is already on here, right?" pirate: I think that is the way to go, plus to throw in a few bucks. Much thanks!

We normally tip 20% anyway unless I get exceptionally bad service which has only happend once a WDW, so I always add on few extra bucks when they add the 18% in for room service. (Not another 20%, just a reasonable amount to bring the 18% up to 20% or a bit more)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter