RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hoping someone in park will ask a CM or Guest Services about tomorrow's VQ opening time...

I wanted to make sure this was clear to anyone reading the thread. I actually went back to the WDW site to confirm, because I have a 4yo who measured 40.5" in bare feet at the pediatrician 2 weeks ago!!
Just to give you a heads up- my child measured just 40 inches at the pediatrician pre-trip and was denied a ride that he had previously ridden earlier in a trip. I would prepare your child of the possibility. Luckily,the same thing had happened to a friend of ours and we had prepared our son. I just bought him some ice cream while dh and older son rode.

Just to give you a heads up- my child measured just 40 inches at the pediatrician pre-trip and was denied a ride that he had previously ridden earlier in a trip. I would prepare your child of the possibility. Luckily,the same thing had happened to a friend of ours and we had prepared our son. I just bought him some ice cream while dh and older son rode.
Yeah, I have read about those ... I'm going to be really bummed, but I guess the benefit is that my older kid will get the benefit of riding 2x.

Right now we are going to AK 2 days in a row so each parent can ride FOP while splitting the FP for Navi with the other kid.

I’ve read every post in this thread from day one and something is not clear to me:

How many people each day WANT to join a BG but are unable to get a BG?

Almost everyone here seems to end up getting a BG when they try, even with the fluctuations in the specifics (park opening time, BG opening time, etc).

Every argument about what system is “fair” (mine included) relies on some hypothetical guests that wanted to join a BG, but couldn’t.

But who are those people? They don’t seem to be here. At least there are way fewer of them than people who are successfully joining BGs.

I know the “average guest” is not the same as the average DIS user. But I’m really curious about all those other people. How many are actually arriving at the park intending to join a BG to ride RotR and don’t get to?

You can’t assume everyone who goes to the park intends to ride RotR because some aren’t interested, and some might just decide to skip it until a future trip.
On the first day of our trip, we arrived at opening time. We did not get a boarding group.

On the first day of our trip, we arrived at opening time. We did not get a boarding group.
I wonder how many people are in your position each day? Every day there seem to be people here who have an issue with the process (or at least concerns about hypothetical situations), but it seems like most everyone ends up with a BG. I'm curious how many people still aren't able to get on, and how many complaints Disney gets from guests, because the impression here on the board is that most everyone that wants a BG gets one, which I think is a big win for the system.

I wonder how many people are in your position each day? Every day there seem to be people here who have an issue with the process (or at least concerns about hypothetical situations), but it seems like most everyone ends up with a BG. I'm curious how many people still aren't able to get on, and how many complaints Disney gets from guests, because the impression here on the board is that most everyone that wants a BG gets one, which I think is a big win for the system.
There have been three days where Boarding Groups were filled prior to official park open -- all the first week of ROTR opening. It hasn't happened since the scheduled park opening time changed to 7am on 12/12. It seems likely that was one reason the official opening times were moved earlier.

I don’t think everyone who wants one gets one. I think everyone who wants one *and has the ability or drive to be through the gates at least for opening* gets one. No doubt there are still disappointed people getting shut out 30-60 minutes after opening depending on the day, and then for the rest of the day.

As far as we know since the shift to earlier openings they have lasted far enough past opening that if you’re through the gates at opening time you can get a BG. Being there for opening means different things to different people though, arriving shortly after opening time and facing a big crowd at the tapstiles could be the difference between getting a BG and not.

Ugh what to do. Headed back in the morning and would love more sleep. We got in line for tapstiles at 530 so that was challenging with kids. Left Swan at 515. Security was a breeze.

If becomes a major problem if it gets to a point where there are more people trying to get in a BG at one time than there are BGs.

There is still some advantage to getting to the park early. You might not have any better shot at the earliest BGs than anyone else who taps in before official opening, but you will have the usual head start to other attractions (like SDD and MFSR).

I would also want to get there early to be sure to get in before official opening. But the marginal advantage of getting there two hours early as opposed to one hour early might not be that great.

There is still some advantage to getting to the park early. You might not have any better shot at the earliest BGs than anyone else who taps in before official opening, but you will have the usual head start to other attractions (like SDD and MFSR).

I would also want to get there early to be sure to get in before official opening. But the marginal advantage of getting there two hours early as opposed to one hour early might not be that great.

Yeah, and I think that is their goal/hope. People will still want to get there a bit early but should drastically reduce the level of crowds showing up 2+ hours before opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!