RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just got a call from my very excited DD, basically screaming on the phone :)
Her coordinator at MFSR managed to get groups of 16 cm, on their 30 min breaks and got them to ride the second portion of rotr. She was so happy :)
We're still going Wednesday so she can experience the whole thing, but she didn't know anything about the ride and she was blown away
That’s just outstanding! So nice to see a supervisor doing that for employees.

Well, I just got a call from my very excited DD, basically screaming on the phone :)
Her coordinator at MFSR managed to get groups of 16 cm, on their 30 min breaks and got them to ride the second portion of rotr. She was so happy :)
We're still going Wednesday so she can experience the whole thing, but she didn't know anything about the ride and she was blown away
THIS. Supervisor just made a lot of capital for her crew. Smart to bring them from backstage to run 2nd part since in clothing and don't want to be 'out of character'. Very nice. That's the disney and holiday spirit. Kudos sup!

So glad the ride was doing better today! I am happy for all those that got to ride, including the CMs just mentioned!

I moved some plans around for tomorrow and set my alarm for 4:20am. There is an early trek to DHS in my future! I really hope I get a traditional early opening where guests get BGs as they enter and can ride very shortly after before a possible breakdown at 60+ minutes. The ride was really exciting and I want to experience it again so I can really take it all in!

See you all tomorrow :wave:

There are plenty of CMs to answer questions and be accurate. Safety , Courtesy, Show and Efficiency occur without every CM riding a ride. Guests pay money, if 100 cast members went opening day and 100 regular guests didn't get in that would be 100 extra fp+ and tickets to give away. Its very nice to see them think of the guests, especially with the blackout dates.

My spouse is a non-FL CM of multiple years...
I think the Florida CMs each deserve an opportunity to ride the new rides. This is the kind of stuff that instills pride in where you work and that pride is contagious...to every paying guest that that CM encounters.

Growing up, I was the Disney nut, and somehow my spouse stumbled into the job of a lifetime. And, Disney employees work really, really, really hard. Main Gates, etc. are part of their compensation package. We journey down to WDW a few times per year. It's really amazing for my better half to walk around the place and feel that sense of pride...all the hard work...this is what he's helped to create. He loves that feeling...but he's also earned it.

Look at @yulilin3, @rteetz, @hiroMYhero and all the other Florida CMs...just look at the way they keep us informed and share the magic with all of us. If anyone deserves to sit on a ride for a few minutes, take it all in, and feel that pride, it's them.

Last edited:
I am going down the week of Jan 20th, and have a few non-park days sprinkled in on the trip. I doubt my friends will want to get up that early (as even Rope Drop is a challenge). So my plan will be on one of my "non-park" days would be to take a solo trip to HS around 5:30/6am and get a BG for myself and then meet up with them somewhere on property later that day :-) (Assuming everything is the same at that point)

You are going the same week as me. The 19th is down as a HS day for us & GE on the Thursday 23rd as it’s the husbands 50th & he wants to ride the falcon on his birthday. If this chaos is still going on then, we may have to try to get on rotr on the 19th. Plus we have the SW dessert party on the Friday 24th evening & then the next day we fly home & have FP for slinky dog in the morning as that’s the only time we could fit one in, so hopefully somehow we will get to at least ride rotr once!

So eventually what number BG did they get to?

CMs were roaming while held at security passing out VQ information. I asked if the queue will be open as we enter and she said she could not confirm, but it has every day thus far besides EMH. “It depends on the technology” lol

Last edited:
My spouse is a non-FL CM of multiple decades...
I think the Florida CMs each deserve an opportunity to ride the new rides. This is the kind of stuff that instills pride in where you work and that pride is contagious...to every paying guest that that CM encounters.

Growing up, I was the Disney nut, and somehow my spouse stumbled into the job of a lifetime. And, Disney employees work really, really, really hard. Main Gates, etc. are part of their compensation package. We journey down to WDW a few times per year. It's really amazing for my better half to walk around the place and feel that sense of pride...all the hard work...this is what he's helped to create. He loves that feeling...but he's also earned it.

Look at @yulilin3, @rteetz, @hiroMYhero and all the other Florida CMs...just look at the way they keep us informed and share the magic with all of us. If anyone deserves to sit on a ride for a few minutes, take it all in, and feel that pride, it's them.
Just to be clear, none of us are CM, we do have family and friends that are CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter