tofubeast

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I ate there yesterday, opening day for lunch. The CMs were energetic and provided great/fun service. Everyone in the restaurant got into character when told, “Andy’s coming!”

B065299A-FE68-447D-B3C6-59EB4F8200C3.jpegThe two sections of the dining room are highly themed, and one is brighter in lighting than the other. It was so much fun to take a brief walk around the large room to enjoy at all the details. It’s an adorable space.

The food was delicious, and as a pesco veg, I enjoyed both the salmon and the plant-based offerings. My daughter enjoyed the meat option. The biscuits were soooo good, as well as the sides.

However, my only gripe is the portion sizes for the sides and main dishes. They’re just too big especially when a party of two. The side bowl of Mac n cheese was a meal in itself. There’s no way most can eat everything offered. As I looked around at other tables being cleared (just like ours), I felt incredibly guilty to see all that beautifully prepared food about to be tossed in the trash. It was needlessly wasteful (especially since you can’t take a doggy bag home).

I mentioned this to our server (who was part of the opening crew)when she asked us if we enjoyed our meal, and she told me they are considering the portion sizes and might scale them back. Given the meal is all-you-care-to-eat, I would not mind in the slightest if we got less to start and could ask for more. It would mean less waste and bring costs down (at least on Disney’s side).

I don’t know. Maybe many don’t think about the food waste, but it was glaring yesterday and took away somewhat from my overall enjoyment of this great meal.

With that said, Disney has created a restaurant that is sure to be a hit for years to come.

ADDENDUM- I shared my concern about food waste on another site and a person told me they use the non consumes food to fuel the buses. I look it up and it’s true per several sources. That makes me feel a bit better.

Attachments

• 167A0F20-054B-49B2-B43C-023C19E1A362.jpeg
    167A0F20-054B-49B2-B43C-023C19E1A362.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 268DAC54-DA83-4A2B-BD04-7246D7CD762D.jpeg
    268DAC54-DA83-4A2B-BD04-7246D7CD762D.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 134
  • EA7D98BA-6FC6-4B19-B515-A9EDADAB2E39.jpeg
    EA7D98BA-6FC6-4B19-B515-A9EDADAB2E39.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 142
  • F3906DC4-066A-42CC-924F-3D879C2256DB.jpeg
    F3906DC4-066A-42CC-924F-3D879C2256DB.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 135
  • A01D1094-699C-482C-89BB-A36DFA4422B6.jpeg
    A01D1094-699C-482C-89BB-A36DFA4422B6.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
My daughter and I ate there yesterday, opening day for lunch. The CMs were energetic and provided great/fun service. Everyone in the restaurant got into character when told, “Andy’s coming!”

View attachment 748684The two sections of the dining room are highly themed, and one is brighter in lighting than the other. It was so much fun to take a brief walk around the large room to enjoy at all the details. It’s an adorable space.

The food was delicious, and as a pesco veg, I enjoyed both the salmon and the plant-based offerings. My daughter enjoyed the meat option. The biscuits were soooo good, as well as the sides.

However, my only gripe is the portion sizes for the sides and main dishes. They’re just too big especially when a party of two. The side bowl of Mac n cheese was a meal in itself. There’s no way most can eat everything offered. As I looked around at other tables being cleared (just like ours), I felt incredibly guilty to see all that beautifully prepared food about to be tossed in the trash. It was needlessly wasteful (especially since you can’t take a doggy bag home).

I mentioned this to our server (who was part of the opening crew)when she asked us if we enjoyed our meal, and she told me they are considering the portion sizes and might scale them back. Given the meal is all-you-care-to-eat, I would not mind in the slightest if we got less to start and could ask for more. It would mean less waste and bring costs down (at least on Disney’s side).

I don’t know. Maybe many don’t think about the food waste, but it was glaring yesterday and took away somewhat from my overall enjoyment of this great meal.

With that said, Disney has created a restaurant that is sure to be a hit for years to come.
Wow looks awesome! I hope we get lucky and snag a reservation for our upcoming trip!

Looking forward to trying this when I get a chance. Maybe you can ask them to bring a smaller portion to start with.
Also does anyone know if they offer more basic options for more picky eaters? Would love to try eating there but we have at least one in our group who is not very open to trying things they don’t usually eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter