Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

It's 6/18, 91 degrees out & I’ll be doing whatever runners do in summer

giphy.gif

I'm guessing that I'm not the only Chicago local who woke up this weekend with visions of Chicago marathon training dancing in their head, stepped outside and went Wooooooooooaaaaaah, it's a little bit hot outside!

giphy.gif

So although it looked quite lovely this weekend, it felt quite steamy. Which means I hit the treadmill to soak up some sweet AC. Unfortunately a lot like the swimming pool on Saturday night that felt like it was heated...even the air conditioned gym felt like a cool 88 degrees or so. But I just wanted to close out this mini cycle on a good note even if it meant pounding the treadmill for 1:01:37 on Sunday evening.
Part of me was very happy the Tiki Run 10k was cancelled because that would have been one hot race! But the other part was kinda of wishing it would have happened because I tend to benefit from good ole race adrenaline and distractions.

So I guess now it's time to bid adieu to spring and share a toast to Fall Marathon training season
giphy.gif

In good news, my dad is lending me his treadmill this week. It will free up space in my parent's room which helps with my mom's new rolling walker. And I get the benefit of having no excuses when weather or hubby's schedule or my desire to put on presentable clothing may stall me from getting a run in. It's a big machine (my dad wanted one to support his big guy frame) but it folds. We measure and if I put it in our office upstairs then hubby and I can both use it. But it may shake the house (anyone have experience with a treadmill shaking your top floor or main floor?? we have hardwood so I'm thinking I need to get a mat??) And if we move it to basement my hubby's head would go through the ceiling so only I'd use it unless he just walks on it.

So week one of official Chicago training, and my last week for a looong time under 20 miles today. So I should enjoy this...yes??!!

So are you ready for a real update?
giphy.gif

Mon 6/18 OFF - 91 F
Tues 6/19 EA 4 miles - 75 F and rain (bc of course)
Wed 6/20 OFF - 71 deg
Thur 6/21 T pace 3.7 miles. 1 mi WU, 3x.5 mi T w/ i min RI, 1 mi CD - 74 F :)
Fri 6/22 OFF - 74 F
Sat 6/23 4 mi EB - 77 F
Sun 6/24 5 mi LR - 79 F

I'd appreciate if that weather held for the most part. I could use a nice week in the 70's.

Just imagine how much cooler I’ll be
giphy.gif

In summer!

A+ gif usage right there!

Love the update and yes the heat is insane right now. It's exciting that the official Chicago marathon training has begun though. YAY!!!

Re Treadmill: We have ours on the second floor, in a carpeted room. It doesn't really shake the house much, but you can hear it throughout the house (especially because I tend to come down very hard on the treadmill). Definitely get some cushioning for underneath, but you should be able to make it work.

Also ... that hot chocolate medal is very Chicago. A hot dog. Of course. (All it's missing is one of those fake things you people call pizza)

Re Treadmill: We have ours on the second floor, in a carpeted room. It doesn't really shake the house much, but you can hear it throughout the house (especially because I tend to come down very hard on the treadmill). Definitely get some cushioning for underneath, but you should be able to make it work.

Also ... that hot chocolate medal is very Chicago. A hot dog. Of course. (All it's missing is one of those fake things you people call pizza)

Ouch...I'll only allow it because yous guys have superior bagels.
Also the secret is real Chicago pizza isn't that thick stuffed stuff...it's south side thin crust :)

A lovely photo tribute. I'm glad you all were able to make that trip to Disneyland. I know you had a wonderful time and made some lovely memories. Thinking of you.

I am so sorry for your loss, @roxymama and @AuntieBean. You’ve given us such a wonderful glimpse at your family, I know from those that she was a terrific woman and I know she’ll be so missed. Sending thoughts and hugs to you and yours.

Sorry for your loss. Your pictures together are wonderful. I'm glad she got to see you run Tink and I'm sending positive thoughts to you ladies and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!