Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

My tempo tonight...the WU was fine and the first two miles felt very effortful but I was doing it and came in at 10:15 and 10:10 and I was like "why does this feel harder than it should"
Then somewhere in my middle or second to last mile I kinda felt strong and hit 9:53. My legs said "hey we are kinda tired maybe stop that" and my last was 10:13. So I think i did good but I'm feeling the cumulative fatigue. This is why there are rest days after hard days, right.
For those playing at home it was marathon tempo 10:18 goal.

One more work day until a much needed vacation. Stay tuned for updates about non Disney parks :)

Also, unless that was a T+D of 100, then an adjustment for the heat might have been needed. Although the last few evenings have been cooler in the 120-130 range. But we're still talking 10:20-10:30s. So I think you're doing really well!

I'm trying to catch up on training journals and so happy to see your progress - congrats on the training! Since @DopeyBadger plans are the best, I have no question that Chicago will be fantastic for you! And regardless of the weather or circumstances, you'll know you had the best plan behind you. :) I will be cheering for you from the north as I run Lakefront that morning!

But forget about running - this BAG! Fantastic. Absolutely wonderful. Headed to beach and DL next month after oldest son's college drop-off, so I need to go check out this bag right away!

Thanks!!! I hope you are right. Hubby has been key in making sure I'm carving out my run time despite life.
Omg have fun at DL. Jealous! I'd love to go back.

My friend has that backpack and she loves it. It's a really great bag! I love the Kingdom of Cute merch!

Oh good. Since I've never seen in person, glad to hear a good review.

Also, unless that was a T+D of 100, then an adjustment for the heat might have been needed. Although the last few evenings have been cooler in the 120-130 range. But we're still talking 10:20-10:30s. So I think you're doing really well!

I feel like I'm doing well. 26.2 still sounds insane. But I could have done a half marathon the other day no problem and that gives me some confidence.
Thank goodness for some marginally cooler weather!

What time is it?
IMG_4249.JPG
Blind run time.

5 miles EB which is 11:28. I didn't check the t+d until after the run bc what would be the point...I'm blind!!!
But it was dark out and coolish to me.
It ended up being 72 with 70 dew point but a nice breeze for what it's worth and no sun.
IMG_4250.PNG

And of course I did an extra .1 bc blind and not paying attention :)

Today I went to our local running store with roxypawpaw (that's my dad) and he got a sweet new pair of brooks dyads (cant spell dyad without Dad)
He has gotten his docs clearance to rejoin his community gym and get back to pool walking and classes. He's looking forward to doing a 5k walk with me maybe some day but mostly just training to hang out with me in January at WDW :)
IMG_4251.JPG

And because I'm me...I got this. Hey it was on sale and last one in my size.
IMG_4243.JPG

If you don't run dopey, might as well run happy.

I'm officially off work for 9 days. Time to unplug, recharge, and do some more running!

I'm sorry but did you say something about a Dole Whip costume?.....

https://rockemsocks.com/collections/theme-park-inspired/products/pineapple-float

Ooooooohhhhhh!

Things I have purchased this week in the hunt for a tiki/dole whip/adventureland themed getup...
(note that research on dole whip and tiki bird headbands/fascinators/bows and handheld parrot props have all been researched.)

IMG_9406__19170.1531015925.jpg

IMG_9399__78727.1531015925.jpg

island-floral-running-skirt.jpg

Not sure what you're going to do about the bizarre tiki chanting, though.

The tiki chanting will likely start by about mile 12 and will likely return over a spiked pineapple beverage that night at Trader Sams.

PS I know that the tank and skirt above don't "go together" Because I likely will be wearing one or the other with a matching shirt or bottom. But I like them and they both will get used. :)

My dad, roxypawpaw, had started going to his towns fancy fitness center (that just got an upgrade) after many years off. He took me on a tour after we visited mom and before the all you can eat sushi place opened a week ago.
I asked what one time guest passes cost and said he had 4. So right now I'm in my running gear about to drive 30 min for a workout date! They have an air conditioned indoor elevated track that I'm going to use while dad does his machines and walking. 10 laps to a mile. So today....70 laps!!!
Sounds crazy but kinda fun. Something different to try vs treadmill or my outdoor 7 mile path I always follow
Tomorrow is 12!!!! outdoors so at least this makes today different.

Wish us luck. Team WDW January workout buddies. :)

So I did all 70 laps and it took 1:16 which is right around where it should (maybe smidge fast)
Definitely a different experience. Air conditioning was real nice. I'll be veering left all day now.

Now we are eating sushi again :)

Last edited:
I have to say, you've posted some strange GPS pictures in the past (I think I remember one race when you went off course for several meals ... at least according to the GPS), but this one may be the strangest. It looks like something roxykiddo would have drawn in nursery school back when drawings were just random scribbles.

I have to say, you've posted some strange GPS pictures in the past (I think I remember one race when you went off course for several meals ... at least according to the GPS), but this one may be the strangest. It looks like something roxykiddo would have drawn in nursery school back when drawings were just random scribbles.

I'm gonna start showing it to people and telling them i was being chased by bees.

That’s a crazy GPS map!
Good luck with your 12 today!

Thanks!!! I finished my 12 miles about a half hour ago. Had a cheering section at thepark (aka my hubby and kiddo) and water refill about mile 7. There were easy parts and really tough parts mentally (mostly revolving around direct sunlight and lack of sidewalk on busy roads....doh).
But I persisted. 2:27. Definitely took some walk breaks here and there and I'm gonna be tired all day but I did it!!!

Thanks!!! I finished my 12 miles about a half hour ago. Had a cheering section at thepark (aka my hubby and kiddo) and water refill about mile 7. There were easy parts and really tough parts mentally (mostly revolving around direct sunlight and lack of sidewalk on busy roads....doh).
But I persisted. 2:27. Definitely took some walk breaks here and there and I'm gonna be tired all day but I did it!!!
Great job! I’m totally with you on the being tired all day now. I had 11 on my schedule today. Finished bright and early before 9:00 am in about 2:13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!