Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Monday Update! It's the most runderful time of the year!
IMG_2925.JPG
We saw Santa on Sunday and my kiddo did such a good job not being scared or shy (though she definitely got nervous and squeezed the life out of my husbands hand right before.) So I'll sprinkle some cute pics throughout my runtalk.

The first week of a plan is always the easiest (until race week taperfest) so I made sure to make time for every run because who doesn't love easy paces and short mileages?
Tues and Thurs was treadmill and the new paces were fine. I didn't feel like they were too much for me.
Saturday I knew I had a bachelorette party that night so I went out early and only hit one interval in pace. The rest were a tad fast (stats pictured a few posts above.) Work in progress.

Sat night I spent with 20+ women in a booze trolley decorated like Christmas.
IMG_2914.JPG
We all wore sparkly Santa hats and ended up at Shenanigans. This was me by 10pm:

IMG_2929.JPG

And apparently I'm some kind of flip cup savant. It helps we were playing sip and flip cause I just can't do chugging anymore. I don't go out much like this so it's nice to sing Mariah, Whitney and Britney music loudly with friends on a trolley every now and again.

Hubby let me sleep til 7:45. Thank you!!!

Our Sunday was seeing Santa.
IMG_2920.JPG
And having drinks with my fave lady
IMG_2923.JPG

Hubby then swam (and had a lap pace PR in the pool!!). Then I ran 4 miles in the dark before 5pm which is weird that it's so dark. And then hubby rode his bike for an hour. So we did a tri relay kinda but not really.
Here's my laps. I was trying for 10:48 and
IMG_2926.PNG
Kinda sorta. 2/4 this attempt.
You can see my second half went more evenly paced than my first. (Yes that's a pause at the 2 mile mark...I took a tiny water break on my porch because I needed to hydrate...see above about my Sat night). And I doubt that spike at the beginning was more than just a garmin freak out.
IMG_2927.PNG

Edited to add in my thoughts on leaves: Everyone raked this weekend. People were even raking while I was running. And so there were mounds of leafs on the street by curbs because our town has a leak snurfer machine coming (not actual name of the machine) that drives by and sucks them up. Well, running at night it sometimes a challenge when going around parallel parked cars and hoping oncoming traffic sees you, but now add in the leaf piles too. It's hard to run a consistent pace when you have to kind of slow up or speed up strategically. I think I'll be on the sidewalk the next time I run on leaf day.

Not a bad week.

Here's this week!
Mon: off
Tues: 4mi EA
We'd: off
Thur: 4mi EB w strides
Fri: off
Sat: 4mi Ea w strides
Sun: 4 mi EB w strides

And finally...I cleaned a purse out and look what I found. Looks like I'm all set for blind runs for awhile.
IMG_2908.JPG

Last edited:
Nice week of running!

That first picture with Santa is frame-worthy. LOVE!!

And Christmas booze trolley is a thing I need in my life. Glad you had a fun night out with friends.

The picture of roxykiddo reminded me of this sweatshirt we just got for my daughter, Sophie.

Crew_ElfNarwhal_White_2048x.jpg

Nice week of running!

That first picture with Santa is frame-worthy. LOVE!!

And Christmas booze trolley is a thing I need in my life. Glad you had a fun night out with friends.

The picture of roxykiddo reminded me of this sweatshirt we just got for my daughter, Sophie.

Crew_ElfNarwhal_White_2048x.jpg

I need that shirt! Haha!
The Santa we visit every year (who btw is the real santa) gives out little stuffed animals. Last year was a giraffe I believe. It was so exciting to see it was that cool narwhal this year. Very on-trend of Santa.

I need that shirt! Haha!
The Santa we visit every year (who btw is the real santa) gives out little stuffed animals. Last year was a giraffe I believe. It was so exciting to see it was that cool narwhal this year. Very on-trend of Santa.
Whaaaatttt? Again I am jealous of roxykiddo living the dream because I never had a narwhal giving Santa. I believe all Santas should be giving out narwhal stuffed animals. It should be law.

Whaaaatttt? Again I am jealous of roxykiddo living the dream because I never had a narwhal giving Santa. I believe all Santas should be giving out narwhal stuffed animals. It should be law.

Well if you can get to the Bloomingdales at 900 N. Michigan Ave in Chicago by Christmas you can have a narwhal too!!!! (please note that we waited for 2 hours in line, because we got there early on purpose and were second in line....it gets a bit insane...it's like Flight of Passage or Meeting Anna & Elsa...but for narwhals.)

@ZellyB
Roxykiddo is adorable.

Thanks, I agree!

Your running is great and stuff....
BUT....
ROXYKIDDO AND SANTA WIN THE INTERNET.
Sooooo cute.

PS. I want a narwhal for Christmas now. Is that weird?

Catch a ride with Anisum over to the Bloomies Santa in Chicago and I'll help you get a narwhal too!

Great first training week! all the kiddo excitement is what really makes it Christmas ;)

I agree...and I turn into a kid every Christmas too!

We have her nativity pageant (she's the angel!!!), a winter party, and the polar express in the two coming weekends. So I guess if I have boring run updates, I'll just keep hitting y'all with kiddo cuteness.

Well if you can get to the Bloomingdales at 900 N. Michigan Ave in Chicago by Christmas you can have a narwhal too!!!! (please note that we waited for 2 hours in line, because we got there early on purpose and were second in line....it gets a bit insane...it's like Flight of Passage or Meeting Anna & Elsa...but for narwhals.)
I wonder if all Bloomingdales have a narwhal gifting Santa. I also wonder what age is the limit for giving out narwhals.

I wonder if all Bloomingdales have a narwhal gifting Santa. I also wonder what age is the limit for giving out narwhals.

I just did a google hunt and seems like it's exclusive to the 900 N. shopping center location in Chicago. :(

Sorry :sad:

Holy crap does that bachelorette party sound amazing. :eek: Good call on the sipping rather than chugging!

How adorable is roxykiddo?! I love how she's all gussied up to meet Santa! Too cute. :lovestruc

Great first week on the new plan.
Also ... I never got a narwhal when I went to see Santa! (Then again ... I never went to see Santa. It's that whole not doing Xmas because I don't believe in Jesus thing).

Great first week on the new plan.
Also ... I never got a narwhal when I went to see Santa! (Then again ... I never went to see Santa. It's that whole not doing Xmas because I don't believe in Jesus thing).

It's all good because we all believe in narwhals :)

Wow that Santa is legit!! I bet he didn't even smell like beef and cheese either (keeping the Elf theme) Super cute picture of Roxykiddo!!

And great training week! I love how you and hubby tag teamed to get all done. Power couple!!!

Wow that Santa is legit!! I bet he didn't even smell like beef and cheese either (keeping the Elf theme) Super cute picture of Roxykiddo!!

And great training week! I love how you and hubby tag teamed to get all done. Power couple!!!

That's because he is the "real" Santa!!!

Yeah it takes some maneuvering and re-arranging sometimes when you have a hubby gearing up for spring triathlon season and me running all the time. We just try to make sure that not one person's workout is more important than the other and also try to not skip our own days because sometimes you can't make it up. The week is too full already! And it means some days where we are two ships passing in the night. It also helps when you let the other person nap on the weekend, because that earns brownie points and future naps for yourself :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!