Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I still find those Mickey stickers from time to time. I was dining at Le Cellier the evening before the 2012 Wine & Dine. They were really backed up and we had to wait for an hour. I was content to wait since I love the food there. To pass the time they read Disney trivia questions and they were threatening to give me the entire roll. Instead, I just sat there and nodded to parents when their child really wanted the sticker and waited for the child to come and ask me the answer.

Also, I'd like to thank Santa Claus for being such a good helper and meeting all the boys and girls around the world. There's just no way Santa Goofy has time to meet with all the children, supervise the elves making the toys, and travel all around the world to deliver them on Christmas Eve. So Santa Claus is really nice to step in and help. Yes. It's true.

I believe in Santa Goofy.

I believe in Santa Goofy.

I have a feeling that a workshop run by Goofy would be quite the disaster! But I believe in Santa Goofy too.

Wed update:
I did not run last night but I had pre-approved dispensation to move my easy run to tonight from the head cheese. Hubs had a work thing, but on the bright side kiddo and I got to have some nice dinner with my parents so it all worked out. Had to fill out my secret santa list for one side of my family (we all draw names and that's the only person we shop for) and mine is so different than just a few years ago. Sweatybands, headsweats visors, flipbelt, sporting store gift card...it's like I have a theme or something.

I have a feeling that a workshop run by Goofy would be quite the disaster! But I believe in Santa Goofy too.

Wed update:
I did not run last night but I had pre-approved dispensation to move my easy run to tonight from the head cheese. Hubs had a work thing, but on the bright side kiddo and I got to have some nice dinner with my parents so it all worked out. Had to fill out my secret santa list for one side of my family (we all draw names and that's the only person we shop for) and mine is so different than just a few years ago. Sweatybands, headsweats visors, flipbelt, sporting store gift card...it's like I have a theme or something.
I gave Mrs McN my Wishlist. It was short:
  1. Garmin Fenix 5
I floated the idea of getting her a Deadly Ponies handbag (https://deadlyponies.com/), she seemed interested. I think I found a way forward!

I gave Mrs McN my Wishlist. It was short:
  1. Garmin Fenix 5
I floated the idea of getting her a Deadly Ponies handbag (https://deadlyponies.com/), she seemed interested. I think I found a way forward!

Do you have Macy's or are you able to buy online from Macy's? Because they have Fenix 5's for $100 off. I'll link here just in case. My hubby wants a Garmin 935 and I have extreme sticker shock over it.
https://www.macys.com/shop/jewelry-...5IrLAUr9EKMfim3COzlVm0DvAPgvgPRBoC-RYQAvD_BwE

Those purses are purty btw!!!!!

So in roxymama news....I HAVE A COLD AGAIN>>>>WHY????????????????????????
In fact...my whole office does!!! It's gonna be one of those winters where it just swirls around and hits you multiple times I think.

I'm so ANNOYED!! My treadmill run feels like...hard to describe...my legs aren't too tired...I'm not die-ing with breathing or anything...I just have that low battery, could power off at any second, sludge feeling instead of my happy chipper jogging feeling. So no strides for me last night :(
This morning I woke up with phlegm-extreme, sore throat, and again that low-battery feeling. My up-in-my-head yucky cold feelings have wandered into my chest.

This is not cool. It's gonna be Christmas soon. I took a "me-day" off work this upcoming Tuesday (btw it's my first and only me-day of the whole year since the only other day I took off work I was laid out sick in bed a few weeks ago.) So now I'm worried that this cold is going to ruin all my happy things:
A) Xmas Shopping on Tuesday
B) Running
C) Christmas
Bah Humbug!

Grumble mumble...just had to complain somewhere so I'm complaining here. Thank god it's still easy runs this week. Hoping I can relax enough to feel better for Sat. easy miles.

Edit; I fell like I need some happy to balance my pity party. I got this amazing InB shirt for 30% off and can't wait to race in it. It looks fast.
IMG_2942.JPG

And I'm addicted to emoji blitz now. I feel like I'm getting moderately good at it.
IMG_2944.PNG

Last edited:
So sorry your cold came back- hope you're able to kick it quickly! I think coffee/tea by the Christmas tree has magical healing powers, if you're looking for suggestions. :)
Low-Battery/Sludge is a great description- I have also been feeling sludgey and my stomach just feels yucky (too much sugar probably). Here's to feeling great by Christmas!

BTW- Your new shirt is so fun!

Love the new InB!! So pretty and absolutely looks fast.

Also, emoji blitz. So addictive. That and Magic Kingdoms. Time suckers extraordinaire!

Love the new InB!! So pretty and absolutely looks fast.

Also, emoji blitz. So addictive. That and Magic Kingdoms. Time suckers extraordinaire!

I know I'll regret asking this...but tell me more about this Magic Kingdoms. Is it a game like Sims or roller coaster tycoon or animal crossing? I've seen screen shots of it off and on in places online but have never looked into. But I love me some disney and theme park stuff. As someone who barely has time for a few 1 min games of emoji swiping, it's probably a bad question to ask :)

Sorry to hear about your cold! I hope when it goes this time, it is for good.

Me too!! I think this one is a different cold altogether from the first one. It's not a severe yet, but still super annoying.

And I'm addicted to emoji blitz now. I feel like I'm getting moderately good at it.
OH MAN. I love Emoji Blitz. I tried to get into Magic Kingdom but it sucked up TOO much of my time. It's one of those games you could play for hours without realizing, whereas I can walk away from Emoji Blitz when my 5 hearts are gone and not think about it.

Sorry you have a cold again! I agree with the tea & tree remedy!

I know I'll regret asking this...but tell me more about this Magic Kingdoms. Is it a game like Sims or roller coaster tycoon or animal crossing? I've seen screen shots of it off and on in places online but have never looked into. But I love me some disney and theme park stuff. As someone who barely has time for a few 1 min games of emoji swiping, it's probably a bad question to ask :)

Yes, sort of like a roller coaster tycoon. Well, kinda of. You send characters off on various little tasks to earn magic and gems and unlock the kingdom. As you advance more characters get unlocked and you work to collect items to increase their level. Honestly, it's something where you sort of set everything in motion and then don't check on it again for a few hours, so for me it's good in that I can't sit there and get sucked in for long periods at a time, but it does get you checking back in on it frequently. Where they GET you is they have new character groups that they release for a limited time and you must complete certain tasks within that time frame to get all the characters unlocked. Given my obsessive nature, it drives me crazy if I don't get it all done (looking at you, Syndrome and Oogie Boogie) you don't get those characters and they forever taunt you in their unavailable state. And, of course, the real GET is that you can pay real money to speed things along. Right now there's a Snow White and the Seven Dwarves one going and the mere prospect of not getting all the Dwarves and the Evil Queen has me twitching.

TMI? Probably :D But you should totally get it. ;)

OH MAN. I love Emoji Blitz. I tried to get into Magic Kingdom but it sucked up TOO much of my time. It's one of those games you could play for hours without realizing, whereas I can walk away from Emoji Blitz when my 5 hearts are gone and not think about it.

Sorry you have a cold again! I agree with the tea & tree remedy!

Yes, sort of like a roller coaster tycoon. Well, kinda of. You send characters off on various little tasks to earn magic and gems and unlock the kingdom. As you advance more characters get unlocked and you work to collect items to increase their level. Honestly, it's something where you sort of set everything in motion and then don't check on it again for a few hours, so for me it's good in that I can't sit there and get sucked in for long periods at a time, but it does get you checking back in on it frequently. Where they GET you is they have new character groups that they release for a limited time and you must complete certain tasks within that time frame to get all the characters unlocked. Given my obsessive nature, it drives me crazy if I don't get it all done (looking at you, Syndrome and Oogie Boogie) you don't get those characters and they forever taunt you in their unavailable state. And, of course, the real GET is that you can pay real money to speed things along. Right now there's a Snow White and the Seven Dwarves one going and the mere prospect of not getting all the Dwarves and the Evil Queen has me twitching.

TMI? Probably :D But you should totally get it. ;)

Oh gosh I totally know what you mean about obsessive states. I think we all kind of have that to be runners right...I mean I unlocked the half marathon and got my high score in the 10k this year and now I'm obsessing over unlocking the marathon. Amirite?
Speaking of, both of you may like to know that there is Frozen game happening on emoji blitz through Monday and I'm adamant now about collecting all the snowgis and getting a diamond box. I hope my family remembers what I look like without a phone in my face by Tuesday. :/

Also sorry to hear your under the weather again. We've had similar colds circulating our house as well, blame the schools for being petri dishes or in your case office petri dish. Looking forward to break next week so we can hopefully all get healthy by Marathon weekend. I will put a vote in for tea. It seems to do wonders here. A local company even makes one called Krud Buster that seems to work miracles.

Have not tried magic kingdom but emoji blitz and disney crossy roads are big hits in our house.

No Macy’s here but I checked the link and they do ship to NZ! Unfortunately there is $250 of import taxes and duties if it ships from overseas... Luckily there is a local retailer with 20% off this weekend!

No Macy’s here but I checked the link and they do ship to NZ! Unfortunately there is $250 of import taxes and duties if it ships from overseas... Luckily there is a local retailer with 20% off this weekend!

Sweet, 20% without having to pay $250 sounds way better!

Your running is great and stuff....
BUT....
ROXYKIDDO AND SANTA WIN THE INTERNET.
Sooooo cute.

PS. I want a narwhal for Christmas now. Is that weird?

images

A gal that I work with and I just had a long conversation about Narwhals... and we legitimately had to look if they were real. This is why my degree is in economics and not animal science. I would like to retract my earlier statement and say I would like a "stuffed" narwhal for Christmas!

Sorry about the cold but yay for a me-day and new INB (on sale, even better!).

Soooo are you gonna post your Too Faced stuff soon? I’ve been trolling their FB Page this week to no avail and have lost faith that mine is ever coming. :confused3

More cold? Oh no! Feel better soon!

Love the InB shirt! Super fun!

I refuse to play Emoji Blitz for fear that I will get addicted to it. I'm stubborn like that. It just seems way too addictive. I would have gotten addicted to Magic Kingdoms (/I pretty much was) if I hadn't had to delete it from my old phone because of space issues. The new phone has way more space ... I probably shouldn't download it, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter