Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Just a heads up for hot chocolate. Wash the jacket by itself the first time you wash it. I didn’t and turned a sweatshirt splotched maroon.

Just a heads up for hot chocolate. Wash the jacket by itself the first time you wash it. I didn’t and turned a sweatshirt splotched maroon.

Thanks for the pro tip!! Sorry you ended up with a splotchy shirt though :(

On a scale of not warm to super warm how heavy is this year's jacket?

Thanks for the pro tip!! Sorry you ended up with a splotchy shirt though :(

On a scale of not warm to super warm how heavy is this year's jacket?

It kinda blends in and is not too noticeable.

It’s not super warm, feels a lot like having a hoodie on. I wore it to the Halloween parade, we were in the shade so it was a bit chilly but it kept me warm.

And since @SarahDisney is running the 5k, 10k, and full...Together we are doing Dopey as a tag team...who doesn't earn the extra medals. And she has to do 3/4 of the work.
Well, they did a Chip and Dale marathon relay medal one year. . . .

Hi Dopey buddy!!!!
I'm sad that we wont be running any races together, bit I'm glad that I now get to tell people that I'm doing Dopey...(when combining my races with a buddy, aka you)
They should definitely make the two of you a Dopey relay medal.

Just watch them announce a fifth Monday race and create some mega new ultra challenge. Like the "Mufasa" or something. And then people will be like I'm "only" running the Dopey. #newsandrumors
They could call it the Grumpy challenge and not give away any medal at all. So the Grumpy only runners are grumpy because they don't get a medal and the Goofy/Dopey runners are grumpy because they don't get another medal. Everybody wins. Or not.

Yeah just wait until the next marathon anniversary year :thumbsup2

ALSO...cruising you say? You will love it! :sail:

We are sailing on the dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise this spring. I'm super excited and kiddo doesn't know yet!! I think she'll be a good age to enjoy the kids club too.
And that means castaway 5k too :)

We are sailing on the dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise this spring. I'm super excited and kiddo doesn't know yet!! I think she'll be a good age to enjoy the kids club too.
And that means castaway 5k too :)
The Dream is a beautiful ship. roxykiddo will love it, lots of fun stuff (roxymama and roxyhubby will love it too!).

Also please adopt me

IMO...the CC5K is “meh” but worth doing once. Free medallion at least.

Now I'm wondering if there are any world famous @Ariel484 cruise trip reports? And now I want to go stalk cruise trip reports in general.
Two cruise reports exist, but they are not famous. They’re just trying to live their lives, okay? They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like you do.
DisneyGifs27_zps896849b7.gif

So way back when Chicago 2013 was my first ever marathon and I was coerced into Goofy to back it up. Was only doing one race and it somehow became two before I realized what was happening. Just sayin'.

Have fun with the training this go around...Disney is a great way to cap off your marathon year!

So way back when Chicago 2013 was my first ever marathon and I was coerced into Goofy to back it up. Was only doing one race and it somehow became two before I realized what was happening. Just sayin'.

Have fun with the training this go around...Disney is a great way to cap off your marathon year!

These kind of comments are gonna make me waffle. And I usually like waffles.

And I agree that disney is a great way to cap it off! :)

Just like someone else I know......
jihKGK6.gif

(We have come full circle)

Omg I literally snorted my Diet Coke when I saw this! So kudos to you.

Forgot to mention that Chicago left me with a black toenail as well...I've had them before and never actually lost the nail so there's hope for yours. Plus you can always hide the black with nail polish (me, not so much).

Forgot to mention that Chicago left me with a black toenail as well...I've had them before and never actually lost the nail so there's hope for yours. Plus you can always hide the black with nail polish (me, not so much).

It's not black yet, but a nice dark maroon. The right big toe. And the nail seems to be on there pretty good, so I don't know what's in store for its future. Wonder if it's because my shoes were wet and if that made me run differently or what. I think it was mile 17 or 18 where I first felt it.

Also, I think a lovely tropical coral polish would look quite nice on you :)

I am so late to this party!
ShadyImmaculateAndalusianhorse-small.gif

But congrats on your FIRST marathon (see what I did there?!?)
giphy.gif

You did so good!

THANKS!!!! Don't let disney know you used a minion gif though :)

samsies. wish i was better with all the gifs, am sure there is something good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter