royal caribbean cruise

JACKY DEE

Earning My Ears
we booked a cruise from Costco travel leaving on September. 27 from Quebec to New Jersey
we would like to cancel this cruise we are afraid to go on any cruises this year. we are in our 80s . but the catch is we were told by Costco there will be a non Refundable deposit of $900.00 we did take out insurance and hoping to get our deposit back.
has any one booked this cruise.?

One thing you could do is wait for PIF day to see if an offer will come your way. Another is wait for the last possible date prior to departure (holding on to a doctor’s note ready for your insurance’s cancel policy)
But yes, plan for a reschedule/cancel until we can all get shots.
I’m booked (78, 78, 57, 22, & 21) for 2 B2B January 2021 cruises, One with Royal Caribbean the next with Disney. And I will be using the plan above. We canceled a Hawaii trip that would’ve left Friday months ago. Could of got a full refund. Now we have to find a $1000 flight per person in the next 10 months that is safe. It was the most expensive trip we have ever planned (The price of two vacations actually) but now might be our gift to America Airlines because we didn’t know enough about coronavirus to think that it could be more than a year that it would be safe for us to travel.

Some deposits are non refundable and depending on the trip insurance you have, remain that way

They should waive that silly rule. I'm also in the same boat booking through a real piece of work cruise agent they told us we were not eligible for any upgrades and if we cancel we would lose our $1000 deposit as well.

My suggestion is to sit tight. Right now the cruise with confidence only goes through September 1, but I'm hoping it will be extended further. It allows you to push out your reservation to a future cruise without penalty. I've got a cruise scheduled for mid September, so I'm in the same boat. Fortunately for us, we would only be out $400 if we cancel. I'm also afraid that the prices in 2021 are going to be higher than I'm willing to spend because so many people will be trying to use their credits!

Wait a little bit. We’ll see how thing goes and if cruises get cancelled, you’ll get your money back.

Also... Right now, we are « peaking » in Quebec so I think we are going to be « safer » by the end of the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!