Royal Pacific details??

LisaMc

Mouseketeer
If any one has any details on this new hotel - please spill the beans! I had to change my ressies from HRH to RP after a date change and I am very nervous. My family loved HRH and I am hoping they will love RP just as much. It looks just a close to the parks as HRH, which was wonderful. The only complaint we had about HRH was the limited restaurants. I notice on the Lowes site that it says RP should have 5 or 6 restaurants and I had heard here that Emerils was going to be one of them, any one hear anything else? I have 2 DS, 4 and 10, I would love to hear of a fast food type place. And what about the pool? The HRH had an awesome pool, any news about RP? Are the rooms' entrances inside like Hard Rock or outside like the Disney moderates? Does any one know? I know these are a lot of questions for a hotel that is not even open yet, but I am really nervous. Thanks.

Hi...we are in the same boat as you....all I do know is that the new Emeril's will not be open 'till fall. No food court type areas, but that the sit-down(full service) restaraunts will offer the typical kid menue fare. At what $...I have no idea. This will be our first experience with an on-site for US...SO WE ARE QUITE NERVOUS AS WELL!:eek: We will be arriving 2 weeks after the place opens, 7/4...I sure hope someone knows anything b4 that. I have clled 5 times trying to gather any info such as room size, layout, bathroom(1 or 2 sinks) and no one seems to know anything yet. 2 weeks ago staff was starting to be hired...I sure hope the pool is up and runnung!

When I called tonight, they couldnt tell me if the rooms had balconies!! Anyone know?

Try the www.orlandorocks.com site....I had been trying and finally was able to get in...there are a few construction pics....sorry but I do not see any balconies..:( It's hard to tell what view the rooms in the back of the buildings will face...IOA maybe? I was hoping to see a pool picture but no luck. The buildings look like they have maybe 5 floors...forgot to count!:rolleyes: hope this helps a little.

The room entrances are on the inside...the resort and grounds look beautiful. I think Loews hotels are all pretty nice...even if the Royal Pacific is supposed to be the low end universal resort...I think it is probably going to be very nice. It definately doesn't look like an all starts or a disney moderate..that is for sure...looks more like a disney deluxe from the outside.

It is on the opposite side of HRH and Portofino...closest to IOA, right behind margritaville. The boats were driving back/forth the other day. Just like the other two resorts...balconies are in short supply.

Have a great trip everyone! I am sure you will love it.

Finfan-
I read your post that RP will not have any fast food type service. When I made my reservation, I was told that they would have one fast food service counter but this was several months ago when I made my ressie. I guess I was misinformed. We usually like counter service for a quick breakfast so we can head right to the parks. I'm glad we lucked out withthe $139/night club level room so the fast food service won't be a big deal.

All i know about this new hotel is tht it is a Universal-Loews hotel with 1000 employees. The hotel will open in June 2002.

I called today to get a ressie at RP for Novemer. Unfortunately my week was sold out. Probably because it is teachers convention week in my state. Anyhow, the operator told me that their are no deluxe rooms in RP. Only standard. Same size as standard room in HRH. ALso, no balconies again. Just like in HRH. The other thing she told me was there is no slide in the pool. I find that hard to believe and I questioned her again. SHe told me nO.

I am still sure that is not true because last year when I booked for HRH they told me there was no slide their as well. SO just to let everyone know, that is the info I got. Other than that, it is a tropical setting.

Also, it is the furtherst hotel from the parks and they recommend taking the boats. SO, if anyone gets updates, let me know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter