ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Hi all! Question on picking up tickets? Staying at RP for a couple nights after beginning of our stay at family’s timeshare. We have a three day park ticket and are planning on using 2 of the days after we check in. But we want to use one of the days at Volcano Bay before our day of check in. Can we just come to the hotel and pick up our tickets at will call before we check in? Is this in the lobby?
Also, about how long is the boat ride from RP to the parks? Thanks so much! First time at a Universal hotel.
Yes, you can pick up your tickets before you check in at the Vacation Planning booth. It's in the lobby. You can't miss it. You won't be able to pick up your Express entitlements until check in though, as those double as your room key (but you can pick them up even if your room isn't ready).

Boat ride is maybe like 3-5 min max. It's much faster than the boats at WDW.

Yes, you can pick up your tickets before you check in at the Vacation Planning booth. It's in the lobby. You can't miss it. You won't be able to pick up your Express entitlements until check in though, as those double as your room key (but you can pick them up even if your room isn't ready).

Boat ride is maybe like 3-5 min max. It's much faster than the boats at WDW.
So boat is faster than walking then?

So boat is faster than walking then?

it depends on whether you have to wait for a boat of course.

Sometimes the boat may have just left, or if it’s not peak times, you may have to wait a time. You see folks reporting at times they have waited a while for a boat.

We had to wait for a second boat recently when the line was huge, everyone was going at the same time and the boats have a limit to capacity. So we waited around 15 minutes for the next one. So, it all depends. Sometimes it is quicker walking. Some folks come down to the boat dock, see a huge line and just walk.

We just came back from a two week stay at RP and never took the boat once. It’s such s lovely walk it’s a shame to miss it!

The couple times I have walked, I’ve beating my group who took the boat to Citywalk. However, my walks typically start at the tower 1 stairwell exit by the pool instead of at the boat dock.

When Kyle used to be with us every trip, he always beat us by walking home......but he’s young and walks like an Olympic sprinter! Think we have beaten him once on the boat.

When’s your next visit to Universal patster?

How big are these? How many can it carry?
It fit me, DH, 12 year old, two 6 year olds
I was uncomfortable having that young woman transport all of us, but she insisted (We were going to split up and let someone go with the 6 year olds on the rickshaw). We gave a good tip and didn't do it again.
ETA: I would guesstimate the weight of our whole family at something around 575 lbs

I was solo, weighing a whopping 100 pounds, and it was a guy who obviously was an experienced bicyclist. So probably not much of a strain for him. I would have done it again if I'd seen one.

So, I actually read all 138 pgs of this thread. Yall are awesome!
We booked a Southwest pkg that included a pkg discount and SMSM pricing for 7n feb 29-march7. Me, dh, ds6 and dd1.
My issue is that we need JP suite or larger because dd will NOT sleep if any if us are in the room. So we need two sleeping areas. She also goes to bed at 6 so the area she uses cant be the one open to the door or bathroom.
I hate the price, but I'm at a loss for another room set up at any of EP resorts.
In any case, are JP suites near the elevators? I swear if someone wakes her up with hallway noise........ she is "spirited" and I'm already nervous about it lol. I will bring white noise but it doesnt always work.
Also, can I take one of the twin jp mattresses and put in the other bedroom? My son won't sleep WITHOUT us in the room when he is in a strange place, so was thinking of just moving mattress only to other room.
Do I need to request a crib ahead of time? Anyone have info on those?

Also we love universal but this will be our first onsite stay! Hard to decide btwn here and portofino but DM stes were $$ more

We had a room connecting to our daughter and son-in-law and my 21 month old grand son last February - I requested the crib with the reservation and called to reconfirm our requests about a week ahead of time. We arrived around 11 at night and were anxious to get the little guy to bed. I asked at check in if the crib was in the room and they said that they would bring it right to the room. We were in the room just minutes and they came with the crib. It is smaller than a normal crib but worked out great!

I'm excited to be heading back to my favorite place on earth after the holidays, and I see that RP now has the one thing it was missing, grab and go food. I will be looking forward to seeing more photos and reviews. Thank you so much! I'd love to know if the pizzas are comparable to the pizzas we like to get to go from Jake's. And I'm curious about all the breakfast choices.

I know the poolside movies have come and gone. Are they currently playing movies? My daughter loves to watch movies at night, especially with the parks having shorter winter hours after the holidays.

One more question -- we'll be getting annual passes, probably just the seasonal pass this time because we're going after the block-out dates. I like the stay-more-save-more rate that I'm booked at now, but are they likely to offer AP rates for the January "off" season?

I'm excited to be heading back to my favorite place on earth after the holidays, and I see that RP now has the one thing it was missing, grab and go food. I will be looking forward to seeing more photos and reviews. Thank you so much! I'd love to know if the pizzas are comparable to the pizzas we like to get to go from Jake's. And I'm curious about all the breakfast choices.

I know the poolside movies have come and gone. Are they currently playing movies? My daughter loves to watch movies at night, especially with the parks having shorter winter hours after the holidays.

One more question -- we'll be getting annual passes, probably just the seasonal pass this time because we're going after the block-out dates. I like the stay-more-save-more rate that I'm booked at now, but are they likely to offer AP rates for the January "off" season?

Cant help you with the AP rates, I know nothing of them, but there are threads on here about rates folks have got.......might be some info on those threads.

We arrive two weeks on Friday, so will get as many grab and go pictures as we can for this thread.

Pool movies are still running. They stopped a few years back for a period of time, but have been back since then.

Funny but true! We went to Universal this past August, it was like the last week and so very hot and humid. Typically we go to WDW in late Oct. / early Nov. and my goodness our photos were horrible! It wasn't the photographers fault. I did my hair and makeup and by the time we reached the park, what a hot mess! I looked like this...
451737 seriously!
And we were all looking like freshly glazed donuts! :rotfl: Needless to say I did not print any of our photos! :lmao:So looking forward this upcoming trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!