Royal tea questions

Sandbtwmytoes

Mouseketeer
Hi :)

1. About how long does the royal tea last?
2. How many tables of people are there and how many per table? Wondering how crowded it is.
3. What time of day is it typically held?
4. Has anyone NOT liked the event? Seems to always have such great reviews posted on here.

Thanks!

1. 90 minutes.
2. Roughly 8? tables at ours. Varies a bit based on how many adults are coming with the kids. There was a table with two kids with 5(!) adults bringing them. There were 3 family units at our table - 4 girls, 4 parents. Tables of 8, pretty much all of them, although there were a few vacant seats.
3. 3PM. They get you out on reset the area used before first dinner.
4. The little boy dragged along to the event I was at in March was not happy about it.

The child-princess ratio is quite good, and the assumption is that the parents are there to observe. This is not like a character meal, where they assume the parents are part of the M&G. Parents get some tea, and maybe some small pastries. Don't go in hungry as an adult.

1. 90 minutes.
2. Roughly 8? tables at ours. Varies a bit based on how many adults are coming with the kids. There was a table with two kids with 5(!) adults bringing them. There were 3 family units at our table - 4 girls, 4 parents. Tables of 8, pretty much all of them, although there were a few vacant seats.
3. 3PM. They get you out on reset the area used before first dinner.
4. The little boy dragged along to the event I was at in March was not happy about it.

The child-princess ratio is quite good, and the assumption is that the parents are there to observe. This is not like a character meal, where they assume the parents are part of the M&G. Parents get some tea, and maybe some small pastries. Don't go in hungry as an adult.

Thank you! Great information :)

Piggyback on this topic. Does it hold on certain day during the length of the cruise, or everyday? Thinking about a 5 nights on Magic during Christmas time.

Hi :)

1. About how long does the royal tea last?
2. How many tables of people are there and how many per table? Wondering how crowded it is.
3. What time of day is it typically held?
4. Has anyone NOT liked the event? Seems to always have such great reviews posted on here.

Thanks!
like the others said, about 90 mins.
there were 8-10 tables, with maybe 6-8 people each? Our table only had 4 of us (2 moms, 2 kids)
Ours was on our Nassau day at 3:00
My daughter loved it. But we won't be doing it again. Too expensive.

Thanks for all the additional details, helps a lot! One more question, I know this is very nice and of course very expensive too, so what age range will enjoy the experience the most? My girls will be 5 (almost 6) and 3 1/2, my friend's daughters will be 8 and 6. Will it be too much for the 3 1/2? Or too childish for the 8 yo?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the additional details, helps a lot! One more question, I know this is very nice and of course very expensive too, so what age range will enjoy the experience the most? My girls will be 5 (almost 6) and 3 1/2, my friend's daughter's will be 8 and 6. Will it be too much for the 3 1/2? Or too childish for the 8 yo?
My daughter was two months shy of 4 if that helps.

Thanks for all the additional details, helps a lot! One more question, I know this is very nice and of course very expensive too, so what age range will enjoy the experience the most? My girls will be 5 (almost 6) and 3 1/2, my friend's daughter's will be 8 and 6. Will it be too much for the 3 1/2? Or too childish for the 8 yo?
I’m going on May 26 cruise and will be taking my 8 and 3.5 year olds. Happy to answer age question after that.

Thanks for all the additional details, helps a lot! One more question, I know this is very nice and of course very expensive too, so what age range will enjoy the experience the most? My girls will be 5 (almost 6) and 3 1/2, my friend's daughters will be 8 and 6. Will it be too much for the 3 1/2? Or too childish for the 8 yo?
My daughter did it at 9 and had so much fun she wanted to do it again at 10, so we did. We also did BBB before and did the Princess M&G on the same day. Doing the Princess M&G beforehand was nice because the princesses remembered her at the tea. On the Fantasy we ended up with a table all to ourselves. On the Wonder we shared a table with 6 other people. It is expensive, but if you can afford it, these are memories you can only make with your child/children for a very limited time.

We just did it in march on a Fantasy Western cruise. It was Sunday, the first sea day. I think 90 minutes is a safe estimate, but I wasn't tracking exactly how long.

My daughter is 4, and the girls at our table (4 girls, one mom per kid) were up to 9 years old. All seemed to have fun, but one of the older (7ish) girls was way less into it. But her same-age friend was having a WONDERFUL time. The 9 year old was there celebrating her birthday (so, she got sung to) and it was her 3rd time doing the tea. She seemed quite pleased to be there again, but also did not care about most of the presents.

It was not crowded. We lucked out, and my daughter was sitting on the edge closest to the area where they performed, but everyone got an equal turn.
It was at 3pm.

My child was one of very very very few girls there who had not gone to BBB earlier that day. She didn't notice -- was wearing a princess dress, and I'd done her hair "fancy" -- but an older child might have (also, since it was the first full day, she didn't yet know what BBB even was. She might have been annoyed had it been later in the cruise).

There were no boys there with us.

I am a vegetarian, so I got an entirely separate plate of things to eat, even though the table already had the normal spread (most of which I could have eaten just fine). Since I was going to Palo 4 hours later, I let my daughter eat of my plate and there was more for everyone. I agree that it's not a full meal of food, but it's definitely a larger snack than I would regularly eat. And my daughter was able to eat maybe 1/4 of the enormous cupcake. Oh, but my child doesn't care for juice (weird, I know) and even though I had tried to work this out in advance, and tried to tell them when we arrived, they still gave her juice. It then took 10 minutes to get the water she wanted, and she was crying part of the time because she REALLY wanted to participate in the "tea" and really can't stand juice. I am sure this is not a normal problem :)

The presents are best for 5-7 year olds, I'd think. The jewelry chains are too big for a 4 year old (of course I can adjust, but we had to move all the charms around to make it even close) and the doll is a large, somewhat stiff (and VERY glittery) doll. My kid liked the music box best by far, though I think she'll grow into the rest.

Oh, and we had Tiana, Belle, and Cinderellas as the princesses, but most of the "show" is from Lady Chamomile and Chef Brulee, both of whom were awesome.
We saw Cinderella several more times on the cruise, and she and my daughter had a few long conversations, which was pretty hilarious.

Wait...is this the only tea for a 7 night Fantasy cruise? So many things have changed since the last time we were on a 7 night. It's mind boggling! Also, what is the cost of the tea?
I have attended tea with Alice on a past cruise. The Mad Hatter was hilarious!
I thought I remembered reading about a tea that required a child's presence to attend? If so, good luck to me getting either one of the boys age 6 or age 11 to go. lol

Does anyone know how quickly the spots are booked? Do I need to be right on at midnight in hopes the spots werent all taken by concierge, platinum, gold and silver cruisers?

Does anyone know how quickly the spots are booked? Do I need to be right on at midnight in hopes the spots werent all taken by concierge, platinum, gold and silver cruisers?

Depends on the cruise. For my spring cruise, there were spots left for first timers, but only on the port day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter