RPR booking - 2 little questions!

jubileegirl

Mouseketeer
We've booked two nights at RPR in August with fan club rate on the internet ($168 per night). We did it two nights ago. (HOORAY!)

Since then I've been reading all these tips and suggestions and have just signed up for a Loewsfirst membership, just in case we can get any of those benefits, but of course that number won't be on the reservation. I understand that it would be best to have it officially on the paperwork, rather than just presenting it when we arrive.

So.... rather than a phone call, can I just make a new booking on the internet, including the Loews number this time, and once it's confirmed cancel the original one? Will we lose any or all of the deposit on the original booking? I don't think so, from all that I've read but wanted to make 100% certain before doing it!!!

Also, our daughter is 15 but as we didn't realise that under 18's are considered kids at the Universal hotels we booked for 3 adults rather than 2 adults plus 1 child. There is a small price difference of $4 per night but, more importantly, I wondered if when we arrive we'll have to pay a supplement for our daughter as she's registered as an adult rather than a free child. If we rebook we can put that right - but there didn't seem to be anywhere on the booking form to mention we had a free child coming along! So I'm also concerned that we won't get a FOTL pass for our daughter if the booking is just for 2 adults!

As you can see I'm worrying myself into an early grave , so I would be really grateful if someone could calm me down and explain slowly and in words of no more than 2 syllables exactly how it all works at check-in and what I need to do now!

My head hurts.

I would just call them, ask to apply your loews # and let them know that the reservation is for 2 adults and 1 child. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

curly:wave2:

I hope I can help your headache! Call 1-800-BEA-STAR and simply have them add your Loews number to your reservation. They have always been very helpful, accomodating, and friendly when I have called to make changes to my reservations. Oh wait! I just realized you are in the UK and making that call would be expensive huh? Ok then you can cancel and make a new ressie and you should not lose your deposit. You are allowed to cancel without penalty up until 5 days before your arrival.

As for your daughter, there is an extra charge for more than 2 adults in a room. I would change that so you will not be charged anything extra. Why pay more than you have to for the room? You will be given room keys which are also your FOTL passes for every person in your room. I have always booked over the phone and given the names of each person then. But when you check-in, they do ask who is in the room and make sure they have the correct information. If you can't make the phone call, don't worry!!! When you check-in, they will ask for names of each person in the room and will give you a room key for each person. Plus, by having your daughters correct age listed, she may be entitled to some free gifts from Loews.

Have I helped you at all? I hope so. It would be easier and probably put your mind at ease to make the phone call, but I understand your not wanting the expense.

Thanks both of you for the advice! I posted last night when I was really tired (teacher of 4 year olds!) and this morning it seems so obvious that I'm making a big problem out of a little problem - and to think that I must say NOT to do that at least once a day to someone in my class!
I'm also a bit 'phobic' about making phone calls and would always rather write letters etc. I think it's that rather than the expense - time I faced my fears, I think !!!!!!!! I feel very reassured now you've told me how lovely everyone is at that number!!
Here we go..........!!

PS Just want to also say generally how much fun I've been having reading everything on Disboards and getting to 'know' so many people!

Sorted!!!
Did it on the internet (big chicken!!) and it was easy. We had to cancel our existing booking though, before it would allow us to make a new booking and I had a momentary panic attack in case during that 2 minutes or so when we were 'bookingless' all the rooms got taken!

Oh, and on the booking form right at the end there was a guest comment box, so I was able to tell them about our 'free child' place. Probably unecessary but I felt happier!

Now i've got to find something new to worry about. Let me see.....car hire? food poisoning? heatstroke? mosquito bites? end of the world?

Hey...I teach 5 year olds so I understand your being tired and frazzled. Glad to hear you got everything worked out. Stop worrying about your vacation. It will be HOT in August but IOA has GREAT water rides and you will have a huge, awesome pool at RPR in cool off in. You will have a fabulous time!!

Hi, themepark! Yes, I'll definitely stop worrying now (maybe!!) We can't wait 'til August. We always do our holidays as cheaply as possible, mainly because we have to go in school hols when in the UK the prices skyrocket. We're doing our WDW bit in a 'cheap'ncheerful'(we hope!) hotel in Kissimmee but the FOTL privilege, look of the hotels etc etc persuaded us that a bit of expense would be well worth it for Universal. We were in Orlando in '99 along with our other 2 kids, plus a friend and her daughter who moaned about almost everything and it was a pretty tense time. Hopefully August will redress the balance.

Plus I plucked up courage last year and went on all the scarey rides at Disneyland Paris (until then I always watched and looked after the bags!) So I'm raring to go with Hulk, Spiderman etc etc.

Say 'hi' to your class. Tell them that I say to be nice to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter