RPR vs. CBBR Oct 9-13

Amytude

Earning My Ears
With package deals, RPR works out to be around $400 more. RPR is standard 2 queen and CBBR is tower family poolside. Never stayed on property before.

How long is the actual walk once the CBBR bus drops you off?

Not sure the EP tix will be worth it since I'm going during a low time? Also taking my 14 year old son who has autism, so he will get an assistance pass.

Love love love the themed look at CBBR but don't usually love "value" type resorts. My son would love the lazy river here. Like the idea of the boat at RPR and having a bit more upscale surroundings.

Thoughts based on these parameters? Thanks in advance!

And to make it even more confusing....costco has portofino for around $100 more than the RPR (plus a Costco gift card).

I've stayed at both and like them for different reasons. Based on the parameters you provided (particularly that you don't need EPs, you love the theming, and your son would love the lazy river), I would recommend CBBR. The walk from the bus drop-off to the parks is not bad. You could probably look at maps/images on Orlando Informer and get a good idea of the actual distance. I'm sure there are many fun things you can do with the $400 savings.

The walk from the bus drop-off to the parks is not bad.
Thank you! I'm talking specifically once the bus drops you off at the parking garage. Doesn't the boat take you directly to CityWalk? Unfortunately, I have back issues and am toast at the end of the day.

Thank you! I'm talking specifically once the bus drops you off at the parking garage. Doesn't the boat take you directly to CityWalk? Unfortunately, I have back issues and am toast at the end of the day.

I was talking about the same drop off. Looking at the OI map, it looks like a difference of approximately 1/4 mile between the water taxi dock and the transportation hub, a portion of which is moving sidewalk.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1p4a5iN0miTd3slvUvAuCYpE7KmQ&ll=28.472760810251475,-81.46722650000004&z=15

I like CBBR, but do miss having the Express Pass. The bus drops you off just below the security area for Citywalk - you take and escalator up, go through security, then the moving walkways come out by the cinema. It's a slightly longer walk to the parks (IOA is closer than US to here) than the walk from the boat dock but not much. The boat drops you at the center of Citywalk but you still have a short walk to the parks.

October 9 is Columbus Day which may have higher crowds. If you stay elsewhere, you could spend an afternoon at CBBR pools. When I stay solo I stay at CBBR. When I go with family we stay RPR for EP.

parks will be crowded on Columbus day.....
Tuesday will be light crowds in the park.

then with hhn on wed, thur, fri, you will see more in the studios in the late afternoon.
park closes at 5 due to hhn opening at 6:30

i wouldn't consider oct 9-13 a low period.
with many canceling due to the last hurricane, many have rescheduled for october.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter