Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NGL I'm looking forward to my stay at Yacht Club in Sept but I am going to be a little mad if I'm paying 2x what the person in the next room paid who reserved at POFQ and had to be moved. This is a mess - I don't think Chapek/Disney was properly prepared at all and they should be a teeny bit embarassed.
I would think they would offer you a nice upgrade anyway, but upgrades happen all the time. I can't get mad if someone gets a free upgrade and I don't in the DCL, for instance.

Ok - so, color me confused ! So, if we already have our hotel and adrs booked (ASMovies) - (7/14 arrival) we have no idea if the hotel will be open

Our FPS and ADRS are all made, but we don't know we will be able to get into a certain park on any.given day ?
As far as making a reservation for a particular park on any given day (thru MDE -) - assuming those can only be made same day (that morning ) ? Do we know that yet ?

Ok - so, color me confused ! So, if we already have our hotel and adrs booked (ASMovies) - (7/14 arrival) we have no idea if the hotel will be open

Our FPS and ADRS are all made, but we don't know we will be able to get into a certain park on any.given day ?
As far as making a reservation for a particular park on any given day (thru MDE -) - assuming those can only be made same day (that morning ) ? Do we know that yet ?
Correct we don’t know what hotels will be open just yet.

You will need to make a park reservatio.

We do not have details on that yet.

So if you had a reservations b/w now and July 11/15 you can't rebook because reservations are closed? That really sucks for people that wanted to do a Disney summer vacation.

It seems like from the DPB posting only existing reservations WITH TICKETS will be allowed to make their park reservations first - so room only reservations seem out of luck. But at least you won't be competing with the general public for a park slot.

NGL I'm looking forward to my stay at Yacht Club in Sept but I am going to be a little mad if I'm paying 2x what the person in the next room paid who reserved at POFQ and had to be moved.

This happens all the time already, though. Or someone could've booked YC at a super low rate through one of the 3rd party mystery bookings.

We can only hope.
The good news is the data for relaxing the guidelines has been starting to show up already, it will take a while, a month or so for it to really be enough evidence across a broad standard that will allow the easing of the guidelines by CDC and then Disney. Also by that time a significant part of the country will most likely be in phase 4 where masks are no longer required.

Last edited:
Really? I don't see that at all. I see they settled on a date they think will work for them, not that they had this date all along.
Part of why this date works for them (per Chapek) is the length of time it's going to take to roll out the IT backend to accomodate virtual queues and park reservations. Plus to "migrate" existing reservations.

Those timelines don't appear out of nowhere. Do I think they had this date in mind in April or May? Eh, probably not. Do I think they knew before last Thursday that they wouldn't be open in June? Yes, yes I do. I wouldn't be nearly so annoyed if Disney hadn't created an ecosystem that requires advanced planning.

It seems like from the DPB posting only existing reservations WITH TICKETS will be allowed to make their park reservations first - so room only reservations seem out of luck. But at least you won't be competing with the general public for a park slot.
I didn't read this as a package requirement. You can have a RO reservation with tickets purchased separately but linked to your MDE.

I would think they would offer you a nice upgrade anyway, but upgrades happen all the time. I can't get mad if someone gets a free upgrade and I don't in the DCL, for instance.

Don't get me wrong I'd be so pleased for that guest getting a nice upgrade! Anyone who gets bumped up because of this resort issue is a lucky duck and I want them to enjoy it, especially given all this other craziness. I'd just be personally salty for myself having paid more for the same room lol although right now I am very relieved to have a reservation at all...

OMG. May the Force be with Disney IT at this time..
Yeah. I've worked in IT. I know folks who worked at Disney IT.

I've got so much sympathy for them. This is not going to be easy with the backend systems they're working with. I'm 100% in favor of shutting down new reservations while they roll this out and let people with existing reservations beta-test the new system.

I didn't read it as the tickets had to be linked to the resort reservation, just that the tickets were already purchased.

"At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations... Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold "

Well there is the resort news.

No new reservations for resorts, except for DVC they can make new reservations.

All DVC resorts open 6/22

DVC Vero and Hilton Head open 6/15

Regular resorts no date given
Are they saying that people with hotel and ticket package reservations prior to the announcement will be contacted for priority entry? Sorry my brain stopped working.

If you have a dated ticket linked to your MDE account I think you'll be covered.

exactly what they are doing and why, interest free loan on our end while they are collecting interest to keep.
give people a sense of hope by cancelling week to week, change 30 day to 7 day cancel so they don’t cancel till you want them to - last minute
There's no doubt about it. That "glitch" on the Dibb with closed shows wasn't a glitch. They knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!