Rumor: Disney Vacation Club Raising Sold-Out Resort Prices

Ugh, Disney really does not want me adding on direct. :sad2:

Any idea when the increases will take effect? Is it related to the Riviera incentives running out at the end of the month?

I know Dis is a small sample size, but I've noticed Disney was somewhat aggressive on buying back contracts in the first 8 months of the year and it seems like they've closed their walltets in September and October. We don't have one confirmed Taken contract yet in Q4. Makes me think DVC has enough points for the people who want to light money on fire and pay today's price PLUS $50. The rest they obviously want to buy Riviera.

If they are trying to squash resale market I dont see how this is going to help. Who in their right mind would pay $210/pt direct for SSR? It will help them sell RIV in the short term but can you keep the direct prices that high forever? Have they ever reduced the direct price on resorts? Almost $300 for BCV that ends in 2042! I dont get it.

January will be my first stay renting points for DVC. I was thinking that if I returned from my stay planning my next I would buy into DVC. The recent restrictions were pushing me to resale as I have little intrest in RIV as a resort. AKL or OKW is more my style. If this increases resale value I will probably not buy into DVC at all and just rent points and go less frequently...

I think they’re banking on the resale values increasing to a level comparable with Riviera. In fact, they must be, because DVD is not going to be exercising many ROFR’s if they need to resell it at an already insane direct price per point plus another $50 on top of it. It’s a big gamble. This could actually make resale values FALL if the ROFR monkey is put out to pasture.

DVC resale market saying $10 not $50, with some resorts still less ppt than Riviera
SSR and OKW $165, we'll see

I think a huge hump in prices at sold out resorts would actually hurt the resale market. It would take Disney out of the market as a resale buyer and just divert direct buyers to available properties instead of the resale market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter