CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

My cousin put on Illuminations music when we set off fireworks yesterday and I broke the news that it probably won't be around much longer. Much sadness. They're going next month so they can definitely see it a last time. If it ends before December I'm going to have to make a special trip.

My cousin put on Illuminations music when we set off fireworks yesterday and I broke the news that it probably won't be around much longer. Much sadness. They're going next month so they can definitely see it a last time. If it ends before December I'm going to have to make a special trip.

ah, I wish I had thought of that ... we did have Golden Dreams from the American Adventure playing for a bit

This is a bit OT but didn’t want to start a new thread and you people seem to know the show well.

We watched Illuminations last Friday night. They did not play what I consider the “normal” pre-show music... the soundtrack that plays all around WS leading up to showtime. It was something different.

Does the same music not play every night? Or was I just going nuts?

This is a bit OT but didn’t want to start a new thread and you people seem to know the show well.

We watched Illuminations last Friday night. They did not play what I consider the “normal” pre-show music... the soundtrack that plays all around WS leading up to showtime. It was something different.

Does the same music not play every night? Or was I just going nuts?

I believe theres about 19 different pieces they play, and its usually a bit different each night. They mix different loops now it seems.

(From https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/illuminations-pre-show-music-loop.759229/)

1999 - 2004 Music Loop
01. “They Were Dancing Barefoot” by Yehuda Poliker
02. “Superwasp/Along The Coast Of Norway/Neckbuster” by Seelyhoo
03. “Native Funk” by Burning Sky
04. “Flute Battle” by Cusco
05. “The Concertina Set” by Bùrach
06. “Imeland” by Groupa
07. “Montezuma” by Cusco
08. “30-års Jiggen (Thirty-Year Jig)” by Väsen
09. “Inca Dance” by Cusco
10. “Appalachian Morning” by John Williams & The Boston Pops

2004 - Present Music Loop
1) Jalan Kopo - Artist: Jalan Kopo from Indonesia
2) Falling Through a Cloud - Artist: East Wind Uttara-Kuru from Japan
3) Busindre Reel - Artist: Hevia from Spain
4) Gaviotes - Artist: Hevia
5) Tula - Artist: Cusco from South America
6) Our Life - Artist: East Wind Uttara-Kuru from Japan
7) The Bear - Artist: Nordic Roots from Scandinavia
8) Red Skies - Artist: Omar Faruk Tetbilek
9) Texas - Artist: Nordic Roots from Scandinavia

It would be really, really great if the Illuminations replacement allowed running of both friendship boats for dinner ADR transportation.

It would be really, really great if the Illuminations replacement allowed running of both friendship boats for dinner ADR transportation.
If the new show has any pyro thats not happening for sure. Even with drones I don't see that happening due to the fall risk.

I believe theres about 19 different pieces they play, and its usually a bit different each night. They mix different loops now it seems.

(From https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/illuminations-pre-show-music-loop.759229/)

1999 - 2004 Music Loop
01. “They Were Dancing Barefoot” by Yehuda Poliker
02. “Superwasp/Along The Coast Of Norway/Neckbuster” by Seelyhoo
03. “Native Funk” by Burning Sky
04. “Flute Battle” by Cusco
05. “The Concertina Set” by Bùrach
06. “Imeland” by Groupa
07. “Montezuma” by Cusco
08. “30-års Jiggen (Thirty-Year Jig)” by Väsen
09. “Inca Dance” by Cusco
10. “Appalachian Morning” by John Williams & The Boston Pops

2004 - Present Music Loop
1) Jalan Kopo - Artist: Jalan Kopo from Indonesia
2) Falling Through a Cloud - Artist: East Wind Uttara-Kuru from Japan
3) Busindre Reel - Artist: Hevia from Spain
4) Gaviotes - Artist: Hevia
5) Tula - Artist: Cusco from South America
6) Our Life - Artist: East Wind Uttara-Kuru from Japan
7) The Bear - Artist: Nordic Roots from Scandinavia
8) Red Skies - Artist: Omar Faruk Tetbilek
9) Texas - Artist: Nordic Roots from Scandinavia

Texas is actually by a Finn singer named Wimme (Saari).

If the new show has any pyro thats not happening for sure. Even with drones I don't see that happening due to the fall risk.
I wasn’t thinking about boats running during Illuminations, but was more talking about the Mexico to Germany route in the evening (does it run at all?) but even an 7-8pm Canada to Morocco seems rare as they shut down well before Illuminations.

We took an Illuminations Cruise a couple of weeks ago with another DIS family. I asked our captain (who's been working at the YC marina for a decade and a CM for like 25 years) about this and he said it's true and they've already been testing the new show. @MrInfinity , do you remember what he said the timeline was? Was it the end of this year?

We took an Illuminations Cruise a couple of weeks ago with another DIS family. I asked our captain (who's been working at the YC marina for a decade and a CM for like 25 years) about this and he said it's true and they've already been testing the new show. @MrInfinity , do you remember what he said the timeline was? Was it the end of this year?
No offense but a boat captain isn't going to know much about a possible new show.

As for a timeline the latest is 2020 for a major new show with a possible temporary show starting late this year or next year.

No offense but a boat captain isn't going to know much about a possible new show.

As for a timeline the latest is 2020 for a major new show with a possible temporary show starting late this year or next year.

So, the boat captain said they are testing, and said timeline was possibly end of this year. You replied a boat captain wouldn't know, and then followed that up with a possible temporary show starting late this year, kind of exactly what the boat captain said.

Not trying to be a wise guy, but just feel it is appropriate to point out that no one here on this board has any idea what that boat captain may do outside of that job. He may know absolutely nothing about Disney beyond his boat route . . . or he may be a Disney addict, and may spend his spare time digging into anything and everything he can find about Disney.

He might be an awful source of information, but could just as easily know more about what is going on there than any of us do. I don't necessarily think it is appropriate to discredit his (seeming correct) information simply because he happens to be a boat captain at Disney World. Just my .02 cents.

I saw one rumor that there is a coming night time parade to EPCOT and that it would include sections on land and also on water that would go around the edge of the lagoon

I didn't buy it and think they were just mixing it up with the Illuminations replacements - either the temporary one or the permanent replacement ... but wondering if this element helped contribute to that (as I see it, false) rumor as well

I saw one rumor that there is a coming night time parade to EPCOT and that it would include sections on land and also on water that would go around the edge of the lagoon

I didn't buy it and think they were just mixing it up with the Illuminations replacements - either the temporary one or the permanent replacement ... but wondering if this element helped contribute to that (as I see it, false) rumor as well
Yeah that’s not happening.

I remember the Tapestry of Nations parade and while I loved the theme, it seemed like every. single. time. we were in the WS the parade was going on. Trying to get around those crowds with the narrow spaces to get to dinner was a nightmare, although my family will have the song burned into their brain forever. El La Oh Oh Oh El La......

Can't imagine a parade in the WS now with the crowds. Interesting article, thank you for posting the link!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!