CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

I wish that they wouldn't replace it totally. They should just re-do the middle part. The beginning and end are still great, IMHO.
The story has to be reworked away from the idea of the new millennium given we’re 18 years past that. But I generally like the whole story behind it, so hopefully they can keep some of that plot when making a new version

Even my five year old gets tears in her eyes when I play the music from HEA.

Yea I play that at least once a week, such a great dose of Disney feels, just amazing.

Illuminations music is amazing as well, but agree it's getting a bit thin compared to what they obviously can do.

I honestly think HEA has more pyro than Illuminations.

Yea I play that at least once a week, such a great dose of Disney feels, just amazing.

Illuminations music is amazing as well, but agree it's getting a bit thin compared to what they obviously can do.

I honestly think HEA has more pyro than Illuminations.
I prefer the Illuminations score. Its just so original and iconic. We go on at the end is perfect. I really like HEA but its not all original it has a lot of music from various movies.

I really like HEA but its not all original it has a lot of music from various movies.

Agreed, HEA filled with wonderful Disney songs and a great original beginning and ending song, Ill is indeed amazing original all the way.

I prefer the Illuminations score. Its just so original and iconic. We go on at the end is perfect. I really like HEA but its not all original it has a lot of music from various movies.

Meant to ask, do you have a feel for total pyro compared to each? I'm also factoring the "size" of the bursts. I think HEA has more and HEA not all about pyro by any means.

Meant to ask, do you have a feel for total pyro compared to each? I'm also factoring the "size" of the bursts. I think HEA has more and HEA not all about pyro by any means.
Its hard to compare considering they are different shows. HEA has more pyro than Wishes had. I would say HEA definitely has more large/high fireworks.

Illuminations imo embodies this whole idea about the human experience that really touches me in a way you wouldn’t expect in a theme park setting. That’s what’s so beautiful about the original Epcot Park idea, is to showcase what us as a mutual human race are capable of, to celebrate that and also our differences which make us unique all the same.

Its hard to compare considering they are different shows. HEA has more pyro than Wishes had. I would say HEA definitely has more large/high fireworks.

Kinda my point. HEA large pyro dwarf anything at Illuminations.

HEA sounded like it could be the end of decent pyro at MK, but went even larger than Wishes which was all pyro. And its tough to decide if it may even have more than Illuminations, although I think HEA has way more.

IMO HEA shows what WDW can do (tech/pyro/lasers/projections/lighting), and am hoping Illuminations takes it up a notch as well-my guess is it will.

The best news is we get both so a good problem to have.

I must be totally heartless, I find illuminations to be a total snoozefest!
Eh to each their own. I find fantasmic pretty stale by this point, but people rave for it. Just means less crowds for our respective favorites

Kinda my point. HEA large pyro dwarf anything at Illuminations.

HEA sounded like it could be the end of decent pyro at MK, but went even larger than Wishes which was all pyro. And its tough to decide if it may even have more than Illuminations, although I think HEA has way more.

IMO HEA shows what WDW can do (tech/pyro/lasers/projections/lighting), and am hoping Illuminations takes it up a notch as well-my guess is it will.

The best news is we get both so a good problem to have.
HEA is great and all, but it is a complete mash-up of Disney movies and rehashed themes. Illuminations is completely original, unique, beautiful and moving. There should be a lot more to a good show than just the number of large shells. I really hope they do not do projections of Disney movie scenes in the Illuminations replacement. I wouldn't mind them making the globe better/easier to see or improve on the concept somehow.

But I seem to be an odd man out, I don't care for any of the mashups and I don't like all the call backs and easter eggs in movies. Give me something original.

Last edited:
HEA is great and all, but it is a complete mash-up of Disney movies and rehashed themes. Illuminations is completely original, unique, beautiful and moving. There should be a lot more to a good show than just the number of large shells. I really hope they do not do projections of Disney movie scenes in the Illuminations replacement. I wouldn't mind them making the globe better/easier to see or improve on the concept somehow.

But I seem to be an odd man out, I don't care for any of the mashups and I don't like all the call backs and easter eggs in movies. Give me something original.
Depends on the context of the park. I’m totally fine with IP heavy shows in MK and the studios, but definitely prefer more original stuff in the other two parks

Yep MK is there for that mashup reason IMO.

And HEA is far more than larger bursts by far than Illuminations.

I'm just saying that loosing Wishes sounded horrible, mostly because they would be adding projections meaning less pyro would be needed. But when it turned out to have more pyro than Wishes (on top of amazing projections), and arguably more pyro than Illuminations-I was pleasantly surprised.

That (HEA) is why I am encouraged by a new Illuminations.

A new Illuminations can also be completely original, unique, beautiful and moving, and believe it or not-have more pyro and other visuals than the current Illuminations.

Yep MK is there for that mashup reason IMO.

And HEA is far more than larger bursts by far than Illuminations.

I'm just saying that loosing Wishes sounded horrible, mostly because they would be adding projections meaning less pyro would be needed. But when it turned out to have more pyro than Wishes (on top of amazing projections), and arguably more pyro than Illuminations-I was pleasantly surprised.

That (HEA) is why I am encouraged by a new Illuminations.

A new Illuminations can also be completely original, unique, beautiful and moving, and believe it or not-have more pyro and other visuals than the current Illuminations.
Just think about the fact that current illuminations was developed using 1990s/2000 tech and is still a really cool and technically advanced show.

Now imagine what they can do with 18 years of technological advances

I just watched a recent YouTube video of Illuminations - I hadn't seen it since the early-mid 2000's. I was surprised at how underwhelmed I was with it watching it this many years later. I remember loving it at the time, but now it doesn't compare to HEA. I am welcoming a change.

Personally, I would like to see the replacement to Illuminations be an Illuminations II. Keep the original score, but make the whole park light up. Use Drones if they can. Better Lasers, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter