• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors travel faster than reality.

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
With all of the rumors lately of new programming going in at ToT, I've noticed that the power of suggestion may be stronger than I thought it was. The last several times I've ridden it, It's been exactly the same as it has been every other time I've ridden it over the last two years, but there's been at least one person on the ride who I've overheard saying "It's different every time since they changed the programming." The programming won't change until the ride vehicles change so that they're more versatile and more accessible, and that hasn't happened yet, but it sure is fun to listen to people.

I don't know, Steve...

Maybe it hasn't changed in recent years, but I do remember the first couple years it was one short teaser followed by one long drop.

The last few times it was the teaser, the full drop, and then back up for another full drop.

My stomach remembers these things.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
The programming won't change until the ride vehicles change so that they're more versatile and more accessible, and that hasn't happened yet, but it sure is fun to listen to people.
Hey Steve, can you share any of the details about what needs to change in the cars??

Thanks!

Nope, sorry...

First it was 1 drop, then they changed it to "ToT 2!" and added a second drop sequence, then they "added more fear" resulting in the current 5-or-so drops.

Man think of the luck...that everytime you been on the ride, someone that has read Rumors about the Tower of Terror has been on there too. That got to be a one and a million shot. Most people don't even plan their trips to WDW let alone read rumors about one of the attractions there. :)

I think what you're saying Steve is that, while the drop sequence has been adjusted a couple of times since opening, ToT is not yet at the point where multiple sequences are in use at the same time (the so called random drop sequence)?

I agree, this one's deffinitely been a little confusing as it does sometimes get written up that it's in place. For one thing, you get people going back after a couple years and the ride is in fact different. Plus with multiple length, start/stop drops the way it is now, in the thrill of the moment people may actually think the drops are different from ride to ride......and you got yourself a confirmed/unconfirmed rumor. Nice to have this one officially cleared up.

Any idea if they're still working on it though and, if they still are, what the timing might be. I think I also recall a rumor awhile back about possibly lengthening the drop too? Is that one still out there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter